WWE SmackDown Discussion Thread - February 10, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yea I forgot to give credit to Rhodes for his mic work in the opening segment. He was good and WB was okay.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Yea I forgot to give credit to Rhodes for his mic work in the opening segment. He was good and WB was okay.

I think this show was the first time Cody did better than Wade on the mic. :DDDDDDDD :clap: :clap:

Cody>Wade any day.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
They are just about equal on the mic in my eyes, but Rhodes is twice the worker Wade could ever hope to be, and isn't saddled with the worst theme in the history of humanity

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
Big Show sells beautifully? Are you insane?

As for the rest, seems like a great choice on my part. Will watch Cody though.

Well I kind of agree with that guy, Big Show has been improving a little bit on selling especially when he gets his legs kicked by Dbryan but it still looks like a oversell at the same time.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He can fall to his knees when getting kicked? Since when is that selling beautifully? He's done the same thing for years. All he does is turn his head away when he's punched, not sell any impact at all then just push them away. I'd rather watch Mason Ryan wrestle.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
He can fall to his knees when getting kicked? Since when is that selling beautifully? He's done the same thing for years. All he does is turn his head away when he's punched, not sell any impact at all then just push them away. I'd rather watch Mason Ryan wrestle.

That made a lot of sense. And Mason Ryan sucks. end of discussion.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Big Show sells beautifully? Are you insane?

As for the rest, seems like a great choice on my part. Will watch Cody though.

Emphasis on the chop-block from Cody and clothesline from Wade double-team move just crushing Show. When he no-sells stuff, it just makes him look invincible, so when an impactful move happens you can really see how impactful it is.

He's been doing the same thing for years, and it still works, and it still looks impressive when a Cody Rhodes can knock the big man off his feet... that's all Big Show should be used for though. Go back to being the mid-card face who got all the young heels over.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
Emphasis on the chop-block from Cody and clothesline from Wade double-team move just crushing Show. When he no-sells stuff, it just makes him look invincible, so when an impactful move happens you can really see how impactful it is.

He's been doing the same thing for years, and it still works, and it still looks impressive when a Cody Rhodes can knock the big man off his feet... that's all Big Show should be used for though. Go back to being the mid-card face who got all the young heels over.

I don't think that effect is intended though, I just generally think he's a poor seller lol. If you said to me "Who should I put this new superstar up against to make him look good?" the last answer I'd say is Big Show, that's if the booking is identical to the current state. If he let people go over him often, I'd be able to live with his selling.

Agreed with the latter, I've said that for ages now, go back to the mid-card and either put over new faces (by being the giant heel) or put over some heels (being the over friendly giant face). Why he's had 8 WHC matches in a row baffles me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't think that effect is intended though, I just generally think he's a poor seller lol. If you said to me "Who should I put this new superstar up against to make him look good?" the last answer I'd say is Big Show, that's if the booking is identical to the current state. If he let people go over him often, I'd be able to live with his selling.

Agreed with the latter, I've said that for ages now, go back to the mid-card and either put over new faces (by being the giant heel) or put over some heels (being the over friendly giant face). Why he's had 8 WHC matches in a row baffles me.

Like in early 2011, when he put over the Corre, formed a random tag team to try to make the belts relevant, and then put over Mark Henry in a massive way? After Sheamus assumes the role of top babyface and Shaq leaves, he'll probably either do massive jobs or form another random tag team. That seems to be the default for WWE when they don't have anything for the big lug to do, thank goodness.

In defense of WWE booking, he does fit the storyline well. The injury revenge/twin towers collide feud with Mark Henry was better than it had any right to be, and he's the perfect opponent for Daniel Bryan's vegan character.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
Like in early 2011, when he put over the Corre, formed a random tag team to try to make the belts relevant, and then put over Mark Henry in a massive way? After Sheamus assumes the role of top babyface and Shaq leaves, he'll probably either do massive jobs or form another random tag team. That seems to be the default for WWE when they don't have anything for the big lug to do, thank goodness.

In defense of WWE booking, he does fit the storyline well. The injury revenge/twin towers collide feud with Mark Henry was better than it had any right to be, and he's the perfect opponent for Daniel Bryan's vegan character.

Yeah, when he put Mark Henry over so cleanly I had massive respect for him. Of course he knew he was going to come back and bury the shite out of him.

In the tag-team division I again enjoyed it. He was heel, fresh and was revamping it. Still booked mega-strong but it was perfect.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
Yeah, when he put Mark Henry over so cleanly I had massive respect for him. Of course he knew he was going to come back and bury the shite out of him.

In the tag-team division I again enjoyed it. He was heel, fresh and was revamping it. Still booked mega-strong but it was perfect.

I just hope they don't have a type of match like that at WM again that it ended like that.