• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE signs Eli Drake

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has signed former Impact Wrestling world champion Eli Drake to a contract. Drake had been working for the NWA prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and was quietly released late last year. Drake previously worked for the WWE NXT brand from October 2013 through May 2014.

Johnson wrote the following:

"PWInsider.com is told Drake will likely be part of the next WWE NXT Class, which is slated to begin at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida on 2/23."

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com also reports that Drake is backstage at tonight's NXT Takeover PPV and was at this past Wednesday's show.
tumblr_oxdxg6R83W1u1ljrzo1_540.gifv

Loved Eli during his days with Impact man can that guy talk with the best of them.​

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Can we expect another roster purge this year to bump the bottom line? This level of talent hoarding is back to the "don't go to AEW contract" days.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Good signing here, especially when you account for how he fits into what WWE likes to do. He's got good catchphrases and a good look. I think that's enough to carve him out a decent path in WWE. However, realistically, I thought the same about EC3 and Bobby Roode. Also Eli is already up there in years, it would be surprising if he's still doing things at a high level a decade or so from now. And of course my biggest concern is that he falls into the same cycle of being a chicken shit heel who talks a lot, never wins, and possesses no legitimacy as a result (looking at Miz, Ziggler, Roode, Zayn, Owens when he was heel, Morrison, Elias and Corbin here).

Deezy

DZ PZ
Do the Bobby Roode run.....can transition to a colour commentator whenever he wants to.

Good signing.

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Good signing, is up there on the mic with the best of them, just hope he doesn't have that stupid name from first time at nxt.

Dale

Super Moderator

Looks like a good promo guy, interested to see what they do with him and what the name is all about

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I think they made the name what it is so that it's phonetically close to Eli Drake, so he can still use his old catchphrase, just replacing the name.

He comes pretty much ready to hit the ground running with a well established gimmick and multiple catchphrases. Who knows if WWE will use them all or not though. They tend to want to create their own stuff in situations like this.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
I was pretty shocked especially after hearing the news him being on TV especially PPV right off the bat. It tells me WWE wants him to be somebody within their Company whether it happens it's up to both sides finding that groove to get it done.

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
So he is doing the L A Knight

Like E l I Drake

Great signing, can't wait to see what's in store for this cat.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Terrible signing - another NXT signing, that has 0% to do with developing the talent. The Performance Center is getting buried.