WWE Signing More Indy Talents

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- A source within WWE says expect to see a lot of top independent talents signed in the next year. This is reportedly part of Triple H's changes for WWE's talent development.

- The landscape of WWE developmental is changing big time as some of the more popular independent wrestlers are being signed. Here is an update on some of the latest rumored names for WWE developmental:

* We noted before that international star Pac has been signed by WWE. He is currently in the middle of relocating to Florida and should start with FCW soon.

* Matt Taven has been offered a deal and he is currently undergoing testing. Taven has worked for Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate USA and other promotions.

* Sara Del Rey was indeed offered a WWE developmental deal. She is waiting on medical tests to return but the feeling is that she will pass everything fine.
I know there's the individual threads on these signings but just thought this was kinda thread worthy.

Cork will probably be on suicide watch but i'm surprised it's taken this long for them to switch to indy guys as the primary focus for recruitment rather than the failed football players or bodybuilders. I'm not saying them guys don't have a place in the business because you only have to look back at some of the names who came from that field, but I don't think they should be the norm especially in this day and age, more the minority.

TKK

Reaction score
Matt Taven sucks ass, just saying. He needs a lot of time in developmental.

It's about that they realised that they can sign people who have honed their craft already and tweak them to fit their product instead of moulding a completely new wrestler out of nothing.

Also, FCW is going to become very interesting because of the new talent that they are bringing in.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's not just the fact they are Indy wrestlers, its that they look more like fans than wrestlers. When you watch wrestling you can suspend your belief a bit but why would I even care about people I can beat up fighting each other?

Plus, Indy wrestlers don't even know how to work a match. I watched that Adam Cole against Bill O' Reilly match and what a shit tip off that was......it was a bunch of kicks and chops ffs. If that is one of the matches of the year then people really need to start watching Dolph Ziggler matches.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
They can easily sign Indy guys, train them in FCW and easily put them on NXT. If NXT were to get a 2hr weekly show, with the talent that WWE keeps signing from the indy's then i'll be all for it. Then obviously if they feel they're ready for the next step, they'll put them on Raw or Smackdown.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
It's not just the fact they are Indy wrestlers, its that they look more like fans than wrestlers. When you watch wrestling you can suspend your belief a bit but why would I even care about people I can beat up fighting each other?

Plus, Indy wrestlers don't even know how to work a match. I watched that Adam Cole against Bill O' Reilly match and what a shit tip off that was......it was a bunch of kicks and chops ffs. If that is one of the matches of the year then people really need to start watching Dolph Ziggler matches.

That's kinda nonsense considering some of the best talent in the companies have had over the past couple of years have been Indy Star roflol.

Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Desmond Wolfe & Austin Aries were independent stars and work incredible matches given the opportunity and they aren't spot freaks, they know how to pace a match, make it look good and keep people involved. It's kinda stupid to presume Indepedent stars have no fucking clue on how to work matches etc.

Davey Richards is fucking terrible that's a given, but guys like Kevin Steen, Claudio Castanagoli, Roderick Strong & Sami Callihan always work/ worked the best independent matches.

You're head is just so far up the WWE's ass, you don't know any *better*.

Go back wanking over Ryback, before we all start laughing about him falling flat on his face because he can't work a match past ten minutes.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yes, because I don't like Indy wrestling I am a mindless sheep and a 12 year old John Cena fan.

You are so predictable its unreal.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm so happy Del Rey signed I've been waiting for years for her to make the move. And now that Awesome Kong ruined her run i hop Del Rey takes her spot as diva killa.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
why would I even care about people I can beat up fighting each other?

SO technically you are saying that you can beat Punk , BRYAN , Samoa joe , Claudio Castanagoli e.t.c... Dude stop wasting your time here and give UFC or strikeforce a shot ? probably they'll sign you .

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Lol, Cork is bet is the geekiest kid out of the lot. Or one with a lot of insecurities.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All read good signings, especially Del Ray. I don't think Taven is bad, his last few ROH matches have been real good, I think he definitely has potential.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Cork likes being a rebel by having a different opinion than the mass.

Oh, sorry, that's called being a hipster.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Since when was size a wrestling requirement? When people get that out of their thick ass heads, maybe wrestling will become more popular.

I'd rather watch a match where a person knows how to work, I don't care if he's 5'2''. Then some 5 minute match match between giants that can't go 2 minutes without needing a break.

I'm glad to see WWE signing Indy talents. I can't help but think that they have something big planned because they have been signing a lot of talent. I'm just scared there will be a talent over load, and they won't know what to do with everybody.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Lol, Cork is bet is the geekiest kid out of the lot. Or one with a lot of insecurities.

I posted my pic on here a few times, go and check if I look like a geek. Where's your pic?

SO technically you are saying that you can beat Punk , BRYAN , Samoa joe , Claudio Castanagoli e.t.c... Dude stop wasting your time here and give UFC or strikeforce a shot ? probably they'll sign you .

I am talking about the stereotypical 120lbs Johnny Kickpadz you'd find in the indys.

And yes, I would have prol bullied Danielson at school and threw him in a locker while robbing his dinner money. Wrestling is fake btw.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cork, where exactly do you expect WWE to get their talent from now on if the Indies aren't the place to go?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cork likes being a rebel by having a different opinion than the mass.

Oh, sorry, that's called being a hipster.

YES IM A HIPSTER THATS EXACTLY WHY I WATCH A COMPANY WITH MILLIONS OF FANS AND NOT A RARELY WATCHED NICHE INDY PROMOTION.

Good god, the IQ level round here dipped.

Check the meanings of big words before using them.