WWE sign former Bellator fighter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE has signed Gzim Selmani, a 20 year old Albanian MMA fighter, who has fought in BAMMA and Bellator, to a WWE developmental contract.
Selmani was at the Performance Center this week and will be moving to Orlando shortly.

As a professional MMA fighter, he had a record of 4 wins, 2 losses.
PWInsider

Thought this might interest [MENTION=626]The Great Cochrane[/MENTION] and [MENTION=154]Swinny[/MENTION] who may be able to tell us about this guy.

Swinny

Reaction score
I can't say I know anything about this guy. Probably saw his fight in Bellator since I watch almost all of them, but there's a lot of prelim fighters always coming and going with them so it's hard to keep track. I see he submitted Oli Thompson, who fought in the UFC, in 18 seconds so that's a pretty legit win there.

Found a video of that one:

[YOUTUBE]0ytc_wr1M9I[/YOUTUBE]

Fucked him up with a big knee, dropped him and then choked him out and he was out even quicker than it was stopped, so it could have been even quicker than 18. Pretty impressive.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
After watching that above video it'll be interesting to see how this guy will transition in the wrestling world.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Interested to see how he does. He is young and he also has an athletic background. Should serve him well.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Prior to reading this thread, I'd never heard of this guy either. But watching the video I've come to the following observation:

That knee was picture perfect, but his boxing and guillotine looked very sloppy. Keeping in mind that he is 20 and still has room to grow, he could be a huge name in the heavyweight division. Unfortunately going to WWE may not give him a chance to ever fight in the UFC, due to the fact that they frown upon it due its illegitimacy (keeping in mind the products are completely different).

Honestly if he was a fighter, I'd put him in a boxing camp and train with those animals for a few weeks. He was lunging forward and curling his arms during his punches. Something you'd fail to see from somebody who's a top level athlete. If he does the WWE thing good for him, but at this early stage in his career, a divided focus could hurt his chances fighting on the center stage of MMA. Not to mention his growth as a fighter overall.

Last edited by a moderator: