WWE screwing over another future star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Do you think they moved Sheamus to Raw too soon? Personal I think so, we've seen what has happened with Bourne and Swagger, they were really big on ECW and then burried on Raw. Same is going to happen with Sheamus I think. It's dumb that they had Shelton attack him last ECW and now he's on Raw.

I think Sheamus could be a top guy one day but not if he's burried on Raw or if they try to push him too soon and he doesn't get over and then either gets released or is stuck as a midcarder for the rest of his career.

Your thoughts?

JMay187

Reaction score
I'm sure his move was more of Triple H than anything else. Triple H said in an interview that he was high on Sheamus.

In a recent interview with the UK's Powerslam Magazine, WWE star Triple H spoke at length about a number of topics, including the downside of WWE's success, [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]r[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]etirement[/FONT][/FONT], his backstage power, WWE's young talent and more. It's a great read, here are some highlights:

-- Triple H says he could walk away from WWE at any time, but still feels that he's popular with the fans and the next generation of stars aren't ready to step up. "I've always said that I won't be one of those guys still wrestling at 50 or 60. I look at the [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]business[/FONT][/FONT] now from the other side and, if I was Vince McMahon, I'd know when to tell me to step away. Right now, the talent's not there: there is no depth. But, yeah, I do think about retiring: wrestling isn't the only thing in my life, like it was when I broke in. If [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]my [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]family [/FONT][/FONT]asked me to give up wrestling tomorrow, I'd do it in a heartbeat for them, and I'd never look back."

-- Hunter is often criticized for having too much power backstage as a member of the McMahon family, but he says the power doesn't go to his head. "People say the power I have puts me in a position of dominance but, if I lost that power, I'd be quite happy," he said. "It's all about what benefits the business for me. ...The critics I listen to are the ones I can hear when I walk into the arena. When people aren't caring about me anymore, I'll know."

-- He acknowledged that one of the negative aspects of WWE's incredible success is that aspiring wrestlers don't really have many places to learn their craft. "When I was coming up, there were lots of places to work and learn your craft and, by the time you got called up to the WWE, you already had plenty of ability - whereas now, you achieve a bit of success and you come in before you've learned," Hunter told boxing writer Danny Flexon in an interview for Powerslam Magazine. "There's fewer places to send wrestlers where you can let them make mistakes. Guys used to say that WWE wouldn't even look at you until you've had five years' experience. But, now, we're looking at guys who've had between six months and a year."

-- Hunter was asked which younger wrestlers currently on the WWE roster he sees as having the most potential. "C.M. Punk is obviously already on his way to becoming a big star. Jack Swagger, I like. Sheamus. Evan Bourne is very good. Kofi Kingston," Hunter said. "They are all moving up, but slowly, which is the right way." He used the example of Steve Austin making himself a star at the 1996 King of the [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Ring[/FONT][/FONT] and against Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13 to show how a good wrestler becomes a star. He said younger talent need to find a way to stand out.

At the end of the interview, Hunter singled out Sheamus as somebody with a ton of potential. "The closest (younger star) to me is probably Sheamus, because we always [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]train [/FONT][/FONT]together on the road. But I try to [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]watch [/FONT][/FONT]all the young guys' matches and give them advice, if they want to hear it," he said, almost if he had to defend himself for giving advice. "If they take advice to heart and really want to improve, them I am wanting to help. As for seeing some of myself in someone? That's tough. Sheamus just the other day showed up at a show he didn't have to be at. He does whatever he's asked to do without complaining, he goes to every show and is always wanting to work: he does it all, goes above and beyond. That's what I was like."

Airfixx

Sorry, didn't we have a brand-split at some point... Hard to recall. :roll:

Bad news for Seamus.... He didn't even get to the top on ECW and now he's stuck in a massively stacked heel midcard (Miz, Swagger, Masters, Carlito)... Either that or he get's a PPV match with 'H and then dissapears back into the midcard.

Not suprised HHH likes him though... Been saying since his debut that he reminds me of HHH in a big way.

The Rated R CMStar

He has HHH behind him. That will get him a monster push until he gets forget for the Road to Wrestlemania, a la Mike Knox.

noumenon

I definitely would have preferred he stay on ECW at least long enough to capture the title. Hell, they didn't even let him finish his program with Shelton. In the end HHH's seal of approval means nothing without Vince's final say and shitty booking. But it's no coincidence everyone he mentions here found their way to RAW.
I'm just worried how he'll fair with the heel heavy mid-card on RAW and WWE's reluctance to put anyone other than two or three people up against Cena and make them look decent. Well, good luck to Sheamus, let's hope they can use him correctly.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I thought it was a dumb move. He was still finding himself on ECW, was still in the middle of a feud with Shelton, didn't even make it anywhere near the top of the card, and was pulled of the show. The way the commentators built him up was dumb. "He ran through the young talent of ECW"? Nameless jobbers, a long feud with Goldust, and the midst of a feud with Shelton... that's it.

As others have said, RAW is already heavy on the mid-card, heels at that, seems like Shamus will get lost in the shuffle. Poor guy had potential too. Have fun with Hornswaggle.

Funny thing about these interviews, with these vets talking about the new guys and them needing to step-up or whatever, but they don't work programs with them or put them over.

noumenon

Funny thing about these interviews, with these vets talking about the new guys and them needing to step-up or whatever, but they don't work programs with them or put them over.

EXACTLY!

HHH goes ahead and says in the same fucking interview that he doesn't think the young talent is ready to step up that's why he's sticking around, yet keeps recommending these young guys for success.
Well Miz was sure as fuck ready to step up..what happened to him? Fed to Cena. In fact....SQUASHED by Cena
CM Punk was more than ready to step up and within two months came probably the top heel in the company. And what happened to him... fucking buried by Taker.
MVP's pushed stalled immediately and ended up tagging with that fat lump Henry.
Swagger was moved to RAW to float around beating jobbers instead of possibly carrying out an incredible long term program with Christian.

WWE reminds me of a girl who got hurt by their ex boyfriend...that being guys like Lesnar and Lashley. Two guys dipped on them and now they're paranoid about pushing young talent. Well guess what guys...a whole lot more young talent is gonna start to leave if you don't start pushing them. I'm sure TNA would drool over the chance to pick up some of these guys.

And I'm tired of the excuse "Oh but HHH is still one of the only guys who get a reaction."
Yeah, cause look at how everyone else is booked....to look like shit compared to Cena, HHH and Taker...the fucking holy trinity. Maybe if some other guys were booked to look strong they would get great reactions too. Look at the reaction Kofi got last night. And what about the "this is awesome" chants during Jomo/Miz.
Sorry to rant, but bottom line is WWE has hands down (sorry and I'm going to say it) the best in ring performers they have EVER had on the roster with some work and proper booking. With a change to this garbage PG rating and some fucking edge added back into the product WWE could right now be better than they were in the attitude era.

MizMasta3000

EXACTLY!

HHH goes ahead and says in the same fucking interview that he doesn't think the young talent is ready to step up that's why he's sticking around, yet keeps recommending these young guys for success.
Well Miz was sure as fuck ready to step up..what happened to him? Fed to Cena. In fact....SQUASHED by Cena
CM Punk was more than ready to step up and within two months came probably the top heel in the company. And what happened to him... fucking buried by Taker.
MVP's pushed stalled immediately and ended up tagging with that fat lump Henry.
Swagger was moved to RAW to float around beating jobbers instead of possibly carrying out an incredible long term program with Christian.

WWE reminds me of a girl who got hurt by their ex boyfriend...that being guys like Lesnar and Lashley. Two guys dipped on them and now they're paranoid about pushing young talent. Well guess what guys...a whole lot more young talent is gonna start to leave if you don't start pushing them. I'm sure TNA would drool over the chance to pick up some of these guys.

And I'm tired of the excuse "Oh but HHH is still one of the only guys who get a reaction."
Yeah, cause look at how everyone else is booked....to look like shit compared to Cena, HHH and Taker...the fucking holy trinity. Maybe if some other guys were booked to look strong they would get great reactions too. Look at the reaction Kofi got last night. And what about the "this is awesome" chants during Jomo/Miz.
Sorry to rant, but bottom line is WWE has hands down (sorry and I'm going to say it) the best in ring performers they have EVER had on the roster with some work and proper booking. With a change to this garbage PG rating and some fucking edge added back into the product WWE could right now be better than they were in the attitude era.

^^^totally agree. So many guys (MVP, Swagger, Miz, JoMo, etc) are more than ready to step up to the plate. Im going to use Morrison for my example.
After being a former ECW champ(much like swagger), he was more than willing to step to the main event scene. He had great matches with CM Punk and it looked as if he would get that permanent push when Edge went off with Jericho. That is two M-Event stars out the picture right there. Then after a good to prove himself against Jeff, Jeff leaves. So its really looking great. Then Mysterio gets suspened and instead of dropping the title to Ziggy Pop and leave him with IC contenders (FInlay, Knox, R-Truth, Matt), he refuses and holds JoMo back with the IC leaving him with the IC contenders. Now, if JoMo loses the IC, it will be extremely difficult to get into the m-event picture. He is bound to get burried by Tista, Rey, Punk, a returning Edge, and damn sure Taker...Its a shame for fame

Montana

I do believe this would make room for maybe Bryan Danielson on ECW, and maybe Low Ki????

They should move Bourne back to ECW or SD, cause he's doing nothing on Raw.

xtremebadass

I think it's BS they keep moving these ECW stars to Raw without actually pushing the previous star they moved. They are just getting around to pushing Kofi now, we still got Bourne and Swagger, but now they see something in Shaemus. They will push him until he fails and hopefully go back to Swagz and Evan.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I think he should have stayed on ECW, He will only get lost on Raw IMO. I know we want them to push more young or new stars. But give the stars some time on ECW for a awhile , before shipping them off to either SD or Raw. And as someone said above also do something with the stars you have already got or moved over first before shipping more new talent over there that will prob just end up doing nothing.

noumenon

We need to stop ooh'ing an aah'ing when WWE has on good thing going on in the company. Because honestly it's fucking pathetic. There should be multiple awesome things going on at one time. They're like kids playing with their toys, they pick their two favorites and leave the rest out.

MCMG77

Reaction score
Triple H is a fan of Sheamus, so hopefully his move to Raw goes somewhere. Maybe he wasn't on ECW for long enough, but it could be argued that the guy has made massive strides on the brand, and now he's in the big leagues. I'm a fan of Sheamus, so I hope he is a success on Raw.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
it would be fine if ECW got someone who was struggling on Raw back. Raw right now is stacked with midcarders, and I think that's a bad thing right now, as most of them are trying to move up the card. Sheamus on Raw is great, but I don't want to see them give up on the pushes of Swagger, Miz, Kofi, Bourne, etc.