WWE Releases Original Sin Cara

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
WWE.com said:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Luis Ignacio Urive Alvirde effective March 26,2014. We wish Luis the best of luck in his future endeavours.

Source: WWE website.

I thought this had already happened but it appears that everything is official as of now. I guess the lawsuit shall continue.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I thought this happened a long ass time ago

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, this is old ass news. Sin Cara/Mistico himself confirmed a couple of months ago that he was gone from WWE and they even threatened him with legal action for still using the gimmick in Mexico since they now consider it to be "their's."

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
In response to both of you I mentioned that I thought this happened a while back also, just simply relaying the message that I read on their website today. :bodallas:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
This makes me wonder when I think of how they used Sin Cara in the Scooby Doo Wrestlemania movie. *spoiler* He never says a word in the movie. That, to me, makes it seem like WWE has complete ownership of the character gimmick. I'm no lawyer though.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wow, I had assumed this happened ages ago but okay. Also, what is the actual point of sticking Sin Cara in there when (I think) Daniel Bryan is not in the movie? That's a sin of it's own... (sorry for the very punny joke)

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
My understanding is that the character "Sin Cara" is the property of WWE, but the character of "Mistico" still belongs to AAA (I think it's AAA, could be CMLL) down in Mexico, but Urive returned to Mexico and was using the Sin Cara gimmick. WWE protested and he has returned to using the Mistico gimmick.

Of course, the real irony is that the original Mistico was Jorge Arias, who last performed in Mexico as Incognito and came to the WWE as Sin Cara Negro/Hunico. And Arias is now again portraying Sin Cara. So, Urive once replaced Arias as Mistico and now Arias has replaced Urive as Sin Cara.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
My understanding is that the character "Sin Cara" is the property of WWE, but the character of "Mistico" still belongs to AAA (I think it's AAA, could be CMLL) down in Mexico, but Urive returned to Mexico and was using the Sin Cara gimmick. WWE protested and he has returned to using the Mistico gimmick.

Of course, the real irony is that the original Mistico was Jorge Arias, who last performed in Mexico as Incognito and came to the WWE as Sin Cara Negro/Hunico. And Arias is now again portraying Sin Cara. So, Urive once replaced Arias as Mistico and now Arias has replaced Urive as Sin Cara.

wk
Urive worked in CMLL as Mistico, the gimmick belonging to the company. and when he left for WWE they replaced him with a new guy under the mask (acknowledging that it is a new Mistico though since it works into the character backstory of being an orphan trained by a wrestling priest). Urive left under bad blood though so he is not allowed back to CMLL and thus went to AAA after being leaving WWE and tried using the Sin Cara character.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Urive worked in CMLL as Mistico, the gimmick belonging to the company. and when he left for WWE they replaced him with a new guy under the mask (acknowledging that it is a new Mistico though since it works into the character backstory of being an orphan trained by a wrestling priest). Urive left under bad blood though so he is not allowed back to CMLL and thus went to AAA after being leaving WWE and tried using the Sin Cara character.

This is what I get for going off of recollection and not checking sources before posting.

Yes. And he claims that the Sin Cara character is his property, while WWE claims it is theirs. Of course, the whole situation only comes full circle if Urive asks Arias for permission to use the "Incognito" character and starts wrestling under it in Mexico.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This is what I get for going off of recollection and not checking sources before posting.

Yes. And he claims that the Sin Cara character is his property, while WWE claims it is theirs. Of course, the whole situation only comes full circle if Urive asks Arias for permission to use the "Incognito" character and starts wrestling under it in Mexico.

wk
As if Urive would ask for permission :dawg:

This is the same man who said "all English speakers are clowns"

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
As if Urive would ask for permission :dawg:

This is the same man who said "all English speakers are clowns"

:lol1: It's funny that he's more of a bigot than Dutch Mantell (that's Zeb Coulter for you young whippersnappers) is in real life.

wk

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score

wk

So..that's why 'Sin Cara' has now returned to jumping over the ring ropes into the ring, as opposed to sliding under the ropes as he was doing? It's the *original* Sin Cara, back with the WWE?

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
So..that's why 'Sin Cara' has now returned to jumping over the ring ropes into the ring, as opposed to sliding under the ropes as he was doing? It's the *original* Sin Cara, back with the WWE?

Btw, *they*(the WWE) couldn't release one of their 'idiots,' but instead released Sin Cara? So much for 'Best for Business.'