WWE releases Charlie Haas

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
WWE really are clearing house aren't they. He wasn't been used to be fair, So why not get rid.

And there is probably a lot more to come after the draft =/.

And now NXT is here only leaves two roster's. I know ECW wasn't a main roster but low/mid carder's got TV time. So i guess it kind of makes sense to trim down on talent. wonder who is next.

LKP

I'm begging for Knox to be next. Haas should have gone to TNA a long time ago. He can show what he really can do there.

noumenon

This guy hung on the card for a record amount of time receiving a pretty fat paycheck from what I understand. There's a whole lot more unused talent...keep going.

newmie

Reaction score
The thing I don't get is there was a report that couldn't have been more than a month or 2 ago saying that WWE resigned Haas to a large deal to prevent him from going to what was believed to be a big storyline with Angle in TNA... just retarted on WWE's behalf, 1. dont resign him if you arn't going to use him and 2. why waste good talent like Haas, the man can go... but not in Sport Entertainment apparently.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
In the end it all works out for Charlie Haas. The last year he was getting paid to do nothing. Now he can go to another promotion and actually wrestle, hopefully saved up enough WWE earnings over the past few years.

Qwake

Didn't they give Haas a raise not long ago, I bet he enjoyed the extra money he got before being released.

Haas to TNA should be awesome, I like for him to face Angle, epic mat wrestling there.

Double J

Reaction score
I'm actually glad they fired him, I've always liked Haas and can now actually see him wrestle again. I think it's Blue though about the 90 day clause.

"So uhhh yeah, we're gonna let you go and ummm yeeaah you're no longer employed by us but you're also not allowed to go work for anyone else for like I don't know, let's say three months....Sound good?...No?...Ah well, fuck you not my problem, but we do wish you well in your future whatevers..."

EDIT:

Haas to TNA should be awesome, I like for him to face Angle, epic mat wrestling there.

I'd like to see that and I'm sure alot of the real wrestling fans would enjoy that but I have the feeling that fans at the iMpact Zone would start the "Boring" chants...

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I think it's Blue though about the 90 day clause.

"So uhhh yeah, we're gonna let you go and ummm yeeaah you're no longer employed by us but you're also not allowed to go work for anyone else for like I don't know, let's say three months....Sound good?...No?...Ah well, fuck you not my problem, but we do wish you well in your future whatevers..."

It does suck and shouldn't happened ever. I signed an agreement similar with my workplace in 2006. It said that I wouldn't work for a hibachi restaurant for 3 years if I ever left. Obviously it was bogus considering it was such an outlandish sort of claim and if they ever would of wanted to enforce that contract they wouldn't win.

Obviously WWE's contracts are the real deal and not a useless piece of paper some Korean guy had his daughter type up like mine.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Haas is a really good worker, sadly he was wasted. But this may be a bright spot in his career. Think about it, he is a great worker and he WILL find work, and he could probably get paid a high salary. If he goes to TNA, he could be used as virtually anything. Haas has always been a great actor, and he could probably hold many different gimmicks. Either way, this was good for him.