WWE Releases A Raw Superstar?, Profile Moved To Alumni Section

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Your opinion. I think Tyler had a lot of potential, and I can see him back soon after he gets his break. They can turn this into a good thing and reunite Hawkins and Ryder. They want to push tag teams. It would be a win win for parties.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Typical WWE releases talent statement: Now they can hire him in TNA and use him to his true potential and make him champion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Right a guy who was on the roster for about how many years and didn't do anything to distinguish himself other than sporting dreadlocks had alot of potential?

For fuck sakes, people who don't get ahead after getting out of developmental deserve to lose a job. I don't like Zack Ryder, but I do give him credit for getting himself over without help from WWE. Maybe these supposed potential superstars should take note and get it done.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
[video=youtube;2jrgYvWk1qI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jrgYvWk1qI[/video]

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
That, I must admit...was a good segment. But how could they have built on that? Great short term story, but nothing that would give them any longevity.

NadupanyRobot

Reaction score
I think that Tyler knows what is he doing. He has my respect beacause he prioritized family insead of career.

TKK

Reaction score
Right a guy who was on the roster for about how many years and didn't do anything to distinguish himself other than sporting dreadlocks had alot of potential?

For fuck sakes, people who don't get ahead after getting out of developmental deserve to lose a job. I don't like Zack Ryder, but I do give him credit for getting himself over without help from WWE. Maybe these supposed potential superstars should take note and get it done.

You can't expect wrestlers to make themselves into stars,, they need help. It's almost impossible to do anything when you're stuck on Superstars (Chris Masters will tell you that for as long as you're willing to listen) and not everyone can have a successful YouTube show. Him and Hawkins did pretty well with what they were given, but were never seen by enough people to make any sort of impact. Also, they did have a YouTube show (though it wasn't very good) that was taken down because it was named, 'Midcard Mafia'. If anybody from Superstars/NXT deserved to break out it was those two.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You can't expect wrestlers to make themselves into stars,, they need help. It's almost impossible to do anything when you're stuck on Superstars (Chris Masters will tell you that for as long as you're willing to listen) and not everyone can have a successful YouTube show. Him and Hawkins did pretty well with what they were given, but were never seen by enough people to make any sort of impact. Also, they did have a YouTube show (though it wasn't very good) that was taken down because it was named, 'Midcard Mafia'. If anybody from Superstars/NXT deserved to break out it was those two.

You make your own chances into becoming a star, look how many hats the Miz had to wear to get to where he is.

It's just bullshit for people to act like they deserve a "shot" when they didn't work hard enough to get it, this is stil an oldschool business and oldschool ways work better than some entitlement type shit someone like Masters would cry about.

You think people like Bret Hart HBK, Steve Austin Rock or anyone who ever got stardom in wrestling cried about their spot on low level houseshows or WWF superstars? No.....They worked harder than everyone else and got themselves to where the company had to push them.

Doing hardwork and expecting something in return doesn't work better than doing hardwork and taking something in return.

Reactions: 1 person

TKK

Reaction score
You make your own chances into becoming a star, look how many hats the Miz had to wear to get to where he is.

It's just bullshit for people to act like they deserve a "shot" when they didn't work hard enough to get it, this is stil an oldschool business and oldschool ways work better than some entitlement type shit someone like Masters would cry about.

You think people like Bret Hart HBK, Steve Austin Rock or anyone who ever got stardom in wrestling cried about their spot on low level houseshows or WWF superstars? No.....They worked harder than everyone else and got themselves to where the company had to push them.

Doing hardwork and expecting something in return doesn't work better than doing hardwork and taking something in return.

The higher ups almost always have and almost always will control how successful a wrestler becomes, it's very seldom that someone can make themselves. Not everyone is Steve Austin or Shawn Michaels, that doesn't mean that they're not capable of having success in the WWE. Hawkins and Reks showed their potential to be one of the WWE's top teams and ran NXT (the only show that they could get on). Their only time on SmackDown was with the Blue Magic Mike gimmick that had absolutely no lasting power, it just showed desperate those two were to get a break. It's a lot easier to say that you're gonna take something than to actually take it, especially when you're fully aware that you're dispensable.
Regardless, he's gone now and it kinda leaves Hawkins without a leg to stand on. Hopefully, he can get bounce back from this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The higher ups almost always have and almost always will control how successful a wrestler becomes, it's very seldom that someone can make themselves. Not everyone is Steve Austin or Shawn Michaels, that doesn't mean that they're not capable of having success in the WWE. Hawkins and Reks showed their potential to be one of the WWE's top teams and ran NXT (the only show that they could get on). Their only time on SmackDown was with the Blue Magic Mike gimmick that had absolutely no lasting power, it just showed desperate those two were to get a break. It's a lot easier to say that you're gonna take something than to actually take it, especially when you're fully aware that you're dispensable.
Regardless, he's gone now and it kinda leaves Hawkins without a leg to stand on. Hopefully, he can get bounce back from this.

This is no different than any other job in the world, all you have to do is step up and show the boss you can take the ball and run with it.

Someone trying everything to get over is no different than taking on extra responsibilities at your job, my job any job. Especially if you don't expect to get promoted the next day because of it, it does show the higher ups that you are the go to guy for when real important shit happens and you will eventually get a better position.

Reaction score
This is no different than any other job in the world, all you have to do is step up and show the boss you can take the ball and run with it.

To use a tired, but true cliche, "quoted for truth".

I get that the WWE likes to own their characters and will often saddle veteran talent with a WWE-created gimmick and name so that they own the guy. It's nothing new though, Vince has been doing this for decades. Every job has its share of conditions that hinder one's path to success. The whiners and losers that don't get anywhere blame those barricades but do nothing about it.

Referencing guys like Stone Cold and HBK is quite apt. Neither guy became instant main eventers when they went to Vince, said "This shit ain't working, here's what I think will work." They got into a program, but it still languished. Maybe they didn't get knocked off TV, but it took several tweaks, several programs before things really took off.

Let's say both guys never got beyond being the Chris Jericho of their eras. Still would have been worlds better than where they were before they went to Vince and showed some initiative about how they think they could deliver much more.

It's nothing unique to wrestling, nor is politicking. You want shit, you got do something about it and be ready to fight for it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Agreed. It is always 50/50 push and talent. You need to have the talent to connect with the crowd but you still need the right push to use that talent to the best of your abilitys. Don't know enough about the guy to know if it is that much of a loss but I respect his reasoning for leaving.

TKK

Reaction score
Agreed. It is always 50/50 push and talent. You need to have the talent to connect with the crowd but you still need the right push to use that talent to the best of your abilitys. Don't know enough about the guy to know if it is that much of a loss but I respect his reasoning for leaving.

Exactly, Zack Ryder is a perfect example. He did everything to get pushed, he grew a huge fanbase and was almost certain to have some sort of success. The WWE gave him the US title for a month to shut up his internet fanbase and then, completely killed him off. He showed initiative, creativity and a good ethic, but it wasn't to be. That's beause the higher ups didn't want it to. Some would say that it wasn't a good idea to exploit his buzz to it's full capacity and make him a big babyface star, but it's their decision at the end of the day. All the initiative in the world won't guarantee anything, not in any job, especially in 'sports entertainment'.

Then again, if the WWE want to make you into something big they will do everything in their power to make it happen e.g. Alberto Del Rio.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I never really cared for this guy regardless. No sweat off my back.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't really do too much during his time in WWE and never really stood out as anything more than a midcarder. His team with Hawkins looked the most promising but fair enough he wants to leave and be with his family since he wasn't really going anywhere big in WWE.

Hopefully Hawkins can find another partner so that he can remain on television. He is a good talent and if he can find the right tag team partner to actually get in the mix in the division.