WWE Raw: Where It All Begins, Again!

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Opening Promo - Pretty solid here to start things off. Nice to see he-who shall-not-be-named thank the fans to begin his run, and preview what's going to happen. I don't know what to say about Guerrero here, he kinda seemed like a heel to me. Bischoff coming in at the last second was what would've happen if this was real. (But it still is to me, dammit.)

Jericho vs Christian - Would've been a great match if you had the whole match there, instead of a DQ ending. It kinda moved pretty quick though. I don't have a problem with Christian getting dq'ed, it shows a new side of him.

Orton/Rock - good back and forth dialogue between the two to start with. Rocky spent the majority of the promo talking about Orton's go-nads. a little bit overdone here with Rock's lines, though.

Hardy vs Kane - It kinda felt like a squash to me, Kane was way too dominant here. Kane being serious should be pretty good, he actually seems credible here.

Foley/Flair - emoFoley was OK to start off the promo. Flair coming in was pretty great, you had some pretty good lines with him. Flair vs Foley should be alright in a hardcore match, I can picture the blood already. The promo itself was a good way to set the match up with Batista too.

Batista vs Foley - it was an OK match, but I really hated that you had another DQ. Having Flair interfere for a Batista win would've been better, IMO yo.

Wrestling's Interracial Couple vs Hurricane & Rosey - eh, decent promo before the match. I don't know, I really didn't like this match. Haas and Benjamin's offense was like all suplexes. Having them win by cock shot was good though, it shows what could happen in the future in a championship match.

HHH/HBK - great back and forth promo between the two. I was expecting them to feud, but having a Hell in a Cell at Backlash seems a little too early for them if they're going to have a long feud. Match should be good though, and the build up should too.

Eddie G. & He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named vs RVD & Booker T - It was an OK match that went back and forth. most of the offense was strikes and suplexes again. I'm not really too hot for HWSNBN & Eddie as tag champs. you should've found some other way for them to add fire to the feud. I see the reign lasting less than a month.

The Verdict - It was alright as a first show. I know that you could do way better than what you had here.
-The matches were OK at best. Most of the offense in most of the matches were strike, suplex, strike, suplex. It lacks emotion, IMO. and having "!" every other sentence gets kinda annoying.
-Promos were pretty good. sometimes you went a little too far with lines and trademarks, which almost ruined some of the promos. but they made sense, and contributed to the show.
-The feuds you've set up seem pretty good. HHH vs HBK should be pretty great, and I'm really looking out for it. Christian vs Jericho continuing should be good too. I don't really like having Guerrero on Raw, if you think about it, Smackdown is kinda messed up with him having a feud with HWSNBN and winning the tag titles.
So in closing, I'm hoping that you step your game up match wise. it was OK, but I'm really expecting more from you as this BTB goes on.

EDIT - PS - PRIDE Exodus is up, yo.

Moonlight Drive

OOC: Thanks for all the advice guys, H4H & X, you'll both be getting your reviews in the coming days.

Monday Night Raw
March 22, 2004
Prudential Centre
Newark, New Jersey
Preview

Last week, we saw Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero re-unite and capture the World Tag Team Championships from the team of Rob Van Dam & Booker T. Eddie snapped up the vicotry after Chris did most of the work, tension rising with the two world champions fighting at Backlash to determine the true champion of the WWE. This week in the Main Event, one half of the World Tag Team Champions and the current World Heavyweight Champion, the Rabid Wolverine, Chris Benoit goes one-on-one with the sadistic Big Red Machine, Kane. Will the WWE Champion be involved, and if he is, where will he align himself?

Speaking of the tag teams, last week, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin debuted and beat Hurricane & Rosey. Hurricane and Rosey put up a fight but couldn't get the job done, will they this week when they have a re-match with the Worlds Greatest Tag Team?

Triple H will also be in action, against his buddy Ric Flair's Backlash opponent, Mick Foley. Evolution have been known to cause a ruckus in matches involving their members, will it occur in this match as well? Or will the enemies of Evolution, like Shawn Michaels and The Rock, be the ones who help Foley to a victory? Find out on Raw when The Game faces the Hardcore Legend!

Also, Christian, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, The Rock and much, much more will be at Raw this Monday!

---
Backlashposter.jpg

Backlash
Location TBA
April 11, 2004

Main Event
WWE Championship & World Heavyweight Championship
WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero vs. World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit

Hell in a Cell
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Non-title
Legend vs. Legend Killer
The Rock vs. Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton

Hardcore
Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

The Rated R CMStar

Last show was great, so I am waiting anxiously for this one. Unless Eddie gets himself involved in the match, I see Benoit winning easily over Kane and that bothers me because I think it's way too soon to have Kane jobbing again.

I see you continue the trend of dropping big matches on regular TV. Triple H vs Mick Foley is truly humongous, altough I expect to see a lot of interference.

I will certainly be reviewing.