WWE Raw TV rights update; FX still favorite, WBD still in contention

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
think both parties benefit and the demo prob better then USA i also think you can get away with more on FX tbh.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I actually would prefer raw on the USA network because I just think it’s an iconic duo but if they’re good to put SmackDown on USA instead then that’s basically the same thing.

And USA was not gonna be able to afford both of them which is why I don’t even think they’re even still negotiating for it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
FX would probably want the TV-14 Judy so they don't have to censor crowd chants, I think it'd be a good move too since SmackDown is staying on USA. Before NXT moved to CW, I thought all 3 on USA would be the worst case plausible scenario, I think they'd benefit from dipping into multiple partners

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
FX would probably want the TV-14 Judy so they don't have to censor crowd chants, I think it'd be a good move too since SmackDown is staying on USA. Before NXT moved to CW, I thought all 3 on USA would be the worst case plausible scenario, I think they'd benefit from dipping into multiple partners
def i think plus you know can get that Archer/WWE crossover jk :lizlol

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean I’m always been a pro 14 over PG guy in general but I do think if if raw went 14 and SmackDown stayed PG on USA that would help create a little bit of a difference between the two products. Plus like you said as long as WWE programming of some kind is staying on USA network, we’re still Gucci.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
By Mike Johnson on 2023-12-14 08:30:00
World Wrestling Entertainment continues work on locking in a new media rights partner for Monday Night Raw.

PWInsider.com can confirm that this past Monday morning TKO's Marc Shapiro as well as WWE's Nick Khan and Paul Levesque were in NYC at the Warner Bros. Discovery headquarters meeting with WBD executive Bruce Campbell about potentially moving Raw to the WBD family. Campbell holds the position of Chief Revenue and Strategy Officer. We are told that the WWE contingent met with Campbell for several hours Monday AM with at least part of the meeting taking place in a conference room usually reserved for David Zaslav.

Obviously, if a deal were to be made between those two entities, there would be massive ripple effects for professional wrestling, specifically because WBD's TNT and TBS have been the home for AEW programming since the fall of 2019. The belief is that AEW's current agreement with WBD runs through the end of the 2024 television season. Tony Khan noted that he met with WBD on 12/12 during Thursday's ROH Final Battle media call.

With Smackdown going to Raw and NXT going to the CW Network, now WWE seeks a major increase in Raw media rights. Paul Levesque and Nick Khan were in Los Angeles several weeks ago meeting with potential partners and it is believed WBD was one of the potential partners they were meeting with at that point as well with Amazon also discussed internally within WWE at that point. We are told by WWE sources that there are still other suitors.

WBD's major goal of late has been to lock in the rights to the NBA, although David Zaslav had publicly stated the company "doesn't need" the NBA.

Stay tuned.​

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Everything We Know About Rumored WBD & WWE Talks – Exclusive​

On yesterday’s episode of Rumor & Innuendo, I spoke about some of what I have been hearing regarding WWE talking to Warner Brothers Discovery. I have heard that on Monday, a meeting between Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Nick Khan, and TKO COO Mark Shapiro took place in New York about Warner securing the TV rights for WWE Raw. The meeting was said to go well, and Warner relayed their admiration for CM Punk, who just re-signed with the promotion two weeks ago after being terminated from AEW.

I spoke with a higher-up WWE source yesterday morning and was told that the information was “very inaccurate.” One of the details pointed to as inaccurate was the internal schedules of Levesque, Khan, and Shapiro, which apparently did not put them together in New York on Monday. Doubt was also cast that Punk had the kind of influence to cause someone like WBD CEO David Zaslav to abandon support of AEW and back WWE.

This morning, much of what I reported on yesterday’s show was reported elsewhere as fact, eliciting an unprompted text from the same WWE source saying, “This is all very strange.” During a follow-up phone call, it was relayed to me that WWE executives may be “kayfabing” those in the company by altering their internal schedules, but that was just speculation. If these talks are happening, they are protected at the highest level.

Earlier today, Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Punk will be in LA this week for a house show and will likely be meeting with WBD executives while in town. It is worth noting that WWE’s Holiday Live Event Tour show in LA does not occur until Saturday, December 30. We are told by those close to Punk he is in town to do the house show, but they did not respond when pressed about potential meetings.

Lastly, the vibe we have been given is that AEW is in danger of not being renewed by WBD for TNT or TBS. One scenario that was given to us was that WWE Raw would move to TNT or TBS, and AEW would be moved to Discovery. Two higher-up sources in AEW that I spoke with said that was news to them and not something they had heard. Another said, “Only person who really knows is Zaslav.”

Last month, Haus of Wrestling exclusively reported that Tony Khan passed on talks with The CW about bringing ROH to their network. His reasoning for passing on the talks was that he wanted to take ROH and AEW to the market together early in 2024 when AEW’s TV rights became available. That means that Khan has yet to secure a new deal with Warner and is open to taking his content elsewhere.​

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
AEW on discovery that's one way to kill competition

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Nick Hausman reporting on motherfucking vibes regarding a TV deal. Jesus christ. Also yeah a TV executive is not going to change which company they do a deal with cause they like CM Punk. He is nowhere near that kind of a draw.

Reactions: Wiseman