WWE Raw Supershow Live Discussion 7/2/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
wwe_raw_supershow_rdax_532x344.jpg

Tonight's Raw comes to us live from Laredo, Texas as the WWE Universe awaits the response of Brock Lesnar to Triple H's challenge to a match at Summerslam. Will the War Machine accept The Game's challenge and return to the WWE?

Meanwhile, Teddy Long finds himself back in the GM seat once again as he takes the helm of Raw GM for this week. What does Teddy have in store for us as we build towards Money in the Bank?

Will anyone else be added to the WWE championship contract MITB ladder match? Will John Cena seek retribution for Big Show's attack last week? Will CM Punk and Daniel Bryan butt heads before the PPV? What the hell will AJ do next, especially now she's been given power heading into the WWE title match? And which WWE legend will show up this week to face Heath Slater?

Looks like another action packed Raw to me folks, make sure you join us for the best LD on the web.

Starlight

I always watch Raw, Impact, and Smackdown, but I want to say something about the opening for Smackdown. Was anybody else impressed with how well AJ and Layla held up against each other in their match? This was one of the more decent diva's matches in WWE in a long time and I felt very robbed when they had it interrupted by Daniel Bryan. I know it was Smackdown and this is a Raw discussion, but I just wanted to see if there was anybody else who agreed with me.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I always watch Raw, Impact, and Smackdown, but I want to say something about the opening for Smackdown. Was anybody else impressed with how well AJ and Layla held up against each other in their match? This was one of the more decent diva's matches in WWE in a long time and I felt very robbed when they had it interrupted by Daniel Bryan. I know it was Smackdown and this is a Raw discussion, but I just wanted to see if there was anybody else who agreed with me.
First I was say I hope you join us for the LIVE discussion when RAW starts in an hour or so.

I agree 100%. I've been saying for a very long time that AJ is a true asset to WWE. I really hope this is the start of her wrestling more. I've been waiting for her to be a full-time competitor since she was on NXT; which she should have won. What does Kaitlyn even do anymore?

Starlight

Kaitlyn? I believe the only reason she won was because Vickie Guerrero mentored her. Otherwise, I felt AJ or Naomi should have won. AJ and Naomi are real assets in the ring to help improve the WWE women's division. Naomi lacks something AJ doesn't and that's charisma. Naomi is dreadful on the microphone and it's like the case with Shelton Benjamin: good in the ring, but terrible on the mic. I would love to see both AJ and Naomi get more in-ring time, but more AJ than Naomi. I would really love to see the belt get put on AJ in the near future. Kaitlyn is on the verge of being released. In my perception, Tamina, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Kaitlyn, and Aksana are one foot out the door.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Kaitlyn? I believe the only reason she won was because Vickie Guerrero mentored her. Otherwise, I felt AJ or Naomi should have won. AJ and Naomi are real assets in the ring to help improve the WWE women's division. Naomi lacks something AJ doesn't and that's charisma. Naomi is dreadful on the microphone and it's like the case with Shelton Benjamin: good in the ring, but terrible on the mic. I would love to see both AJ and Naomi get more in-ring time, but more AJ than Naomi. I would really love to see the belt get put on AJ in the near future. Kaitlyn is on the verge of being released. In my perception, Tamina, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Kaitlyn, and Aksana are one foot out the door.
Agreed. The Diva's division is in a serious sad state of affairs. Hopefully we see more of AJ tonight.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah it just goes to show NXT doesn't mean shit. AJ is the best diva in WWE period. Kaitlyn I don't even know where she is. AJ isn't even the divas champion and she's helped the division a lot.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but the real problem with the Diva's division isn't the roster, it's the WWE seemingly not caring about the Diva's division and booking them into oblivion. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd take an incredibly booked match involving 2 OK-to-good wrestlers over a terribly booked match involving 2 amazing wrestlers any day, male or female. The only reason AJ is shining right now is because she's not being booked as a Diva, but rather as an unpredictable character within a non-Diva related storyline.

Starlight

Kharma could do a lot for the diva's division, but due to her size and WWE not allowed to have inter-gender single matches due to domestic violence there's not much room for Kharma in the WWE. She could slaughter all the divas with her pinkie. The ones who could give her a run for her money have jobbed so badly as of late, it wouldn't be realistic. WWE has messed up the women's division to such extremes that I don't care WWE for divas anymore. I watch it for the other divisions. I do think the World title divisions are looking better and I also really like the IC division. The U.S. title division is kind of a joke though. I'm happy they are putting more efforts toward the tag division. There's been a lot more tag action than we have seen in months.

Starlight

Lets get ready to RUMMMMMBBBBLLLEEEEE!!

Who is all here for Raw? It's on NOW!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well they've been calling it that for a year so not really.

Starlight

Teddy Long made a great main event. I don't like Cena, but this is a great mix of the top superstars. I want Jericho and Bryan to win though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
HOLY SHIT. TAG TEAM CREATOR TEDDY LONG IS BACK.

anyway maybe Rey Mysterio will return tonight.