WWE Raw Discussion Thread, Aug. 12, 2019 (SummerSlam Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why are we pretending this is 2017?

This isn't the case for him anymore.
You were saying a year ago in your original post, right?

I already agreed things are different now and he has that window.

That said, there's still a solid portion of the IWC that went back to hating him after his return.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Fans for sure turned on him, nut I could never relate. I always enjoyed him and thought he made matches big deals.

I mean, I liked him initially but they totally turned me off of him in pretty quick order. I'm starting to enjoy him again now that he's no longer feuding with Triple H, Strowman and especially Lesnar. I think he works better against smaller guys. Nonetheless, he was severely forced, as he was hardly ever over as a singles star to begin with, and somehow they decided he should get the biggest of pushes. End of the day, he just didn't work as the top face or even come close to it. Rollins has critics and he himself isn't "top face" over but he's sure as hell getting better results than Reigns at it.

Having said all that, I don't put too much of it on Reigns. Same as Rollins, I think either guy is only going to succeed if WWE lets them. They aren't transcendent talents like Bryan and Styles but they're talented enough to thrive if they just book them right.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Literally the only reason fans hated him was because of Daniel bryan. Like he didn't do anything to get hated lol. He was a good wrestler and talker but fans just booed him cause it was the cool thing to do.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Literally the only reason fans hated him was because of Daniel bryan. Like he didn't do anything to get hated lol. He was a good wrestler and talker but fans just booed him cause it was the cool thing to do.

The booing definitely escalated because people wanted to feel cool but it started out as a genuine rejection to him being positioned as the top face over people who are simply better than him. Namely Daniel Bryan. It's kind of like how the fan hatred for Cena ramped up when started rolling over Jericho and Angle.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The booing definitely escalated because people wanted to feel cool but it started out as a genuine rejection to him being positioned as the top face over people who are simply better than him. Namely Daniel Bryan. It's kind of like how the fan hatred for Cena ramped up when started rolling over Jericho and Angle.

Daniel Bryan is not better than him. He's a smaller guy with a faster style. Of course Roman isn't going to have Indy wrestling matches but he's still good in his own right.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's only taken 4 months but finally a good feud for Becky post-Mania, hyped af.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Daniel Bryan is not better than him. He's a smaller guy with a faster style. Of course Roman isn't going to have Indy wrestling matches but he's still good in his own right.

Daniel Bryan is miles ahead of Roman in whatever category you wanna break it down by. I'm not trying to diss Roman at all. As I've stated, it's mostly WWE booking's fault that his career has turned out the way it has up to this point. Nevertheless, Bryan is the best superstar on the roster imo. He never has a bad match, he cuts some of the best promos, he is believable when he's speaking, he makes anything they throw at him work fantastically and he is possibly also the best "big match" worker in the company, with Lesnar and Cena being the only possible exceptions I see.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I never disliked Cena because I preferred others over him. I did, but I disliked him because he changed virtually everything about his character I liked and then he got pushed way too far down my throat. I was always going to like Angle, Edge, Orton, Punk more than him, but if he had a character I cared about and wasn't so repetitive with some of his stuff, I probably still could have liked him.

Same with Roman Reigns. Do I like some people more than him? Sure. Is Daniel Bryan one of them, I think so. Do I hate Roman Reigns because he got the push? No. Especially considering Daniel Bryan still got a good career while Roman got the push. In fact, DB was just doing his Earth Savior heel gimmick and title run and Roman ain't been champ in a hot minute. I ain't mad at it. It all goes around.

Not disagreeing that's why most fans turn on him, though. Just silly to blame Roman for WWE not pushing DB at the time.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan is miles ahead of Roman in whatever category you wanna break it down by. I'm not trying to diss Roman at all. As I've stated, it's mostly WWE booking's fault that his career has turned out the way it has up to this point. Nevertheless, Bryan is the best superstar on the roster imo. He never has a bad match, he cuts some of the best promos, he is believable when he's speaking, he makes anything they throw at him work fantastically and he is possibly also the best "big match" worker in the company, with Lesnar and Cena being the only possible exceptions I see.

wwe really did what they could. Making someone the top face means you give them the world title and book them like superman. And look this was AFTER Daniel had his WM 30 push and got injured. WWE probably didn't want to risk that again.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I never disliked Cena because I preferred others over him. I did, but I disliked him because he changed virtually everything about his character I liked and then he got pushed way too far down my throat. I was always going to like Angle, Edge, Orton, Punk more than him, but if he had a character I cared about and wasn't so repetitive with some of his stuff, I probably still could have liked him.

Same with Roman Reigns. Do I like some people more than him? Sure. Is Daniel Bryan one of them, I think so. Do I hate Roman Reigns because he got the push? No. Especially considering Daniel Bryan still got a good career while Roman got the push. In fact, DB was just doing his Earth Savior heel gimmick and title run and Roman ain't been champ in a hot minute. I ain't mad at it. It all goes around.

Not disagreeing that's why most fans turn on him, though. Just silly to blame Roman for WWE not pushing DB at the time.

I get that. I'm just saying what I believe to be the case. Right or wrong, a lot of fans were not into Roman Reigns being the next big thing and WWE persisting with his push just kept digging the hole deeper for him. It's definitely an unfortunate situation for Roman because I'm sure even he can see how things could have been different.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE lost 250 million dollars when Daniel Bryan was champion........I could say that investors ran for the hills because a midget was the top guy in that company....but that would be stupid and I'm just saying shit to see if people actually read around here.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
WWE lost 250 million dollars when Daniel Bryan was champion........I could say that investors ran for the hills because a midget was the top guy in that company....but that would be stupid and I'm just saying shit to see if people actually read around here.
I just read you blame Daniel Bryan for WWE losing money because he's a vanilla midget. Do I get a prize? :side:

Reactions: Deezy