WWE RAW Discussion Thread (2/20/12)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
But Rock hasn't lied one time since he came back. "The Rock doesn't need to come back night-in and night-out and kick ass. The Rock has already done that." Just because you go to college doesn't mean you can't sleep in your bed at home during the holidays. And he speaks for most of us when we say Cena's corny and his antics are ultra-childish and he doesn't represent anything except a bunch of little kids who pour money in his pocket because he plays the role of the good guy who does no wrong, ever. Like I said in the shoutbox, it was a good promo from Cena, but he kept saying "the kid is back", which would lead you to believe there'd be a "suck my dick" somewhere in there... instead, he says "bs" instead of "bullshit" and panders to the PG rating... he says "I'm sorry" to the guys in the back before he says "professional wrestlers". He's just being PG Cena... a fucking douchebag who, while he did start to push the envelope a little with his promo-character, tries his hardest to be everything the company wants him to be. The fans don't like the company so much right now, they don't like the fucking mascot for the company right now. It's why CM Punk's push actually worked... people wanted someone who was going to ruin order in the establishment.

SMH @ the notion of Triple H/Undertaker dragging on too long... that's the point!

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, decent Raw tonight. Missed the first 15 minutes or so, but doubt I missed anything important.
You missed the return OF DA DOCTAH OF THUGANOMICS. Seriously, Cena was awesome in it, first time I've liked him since 2004. Raw was fucking great, best Raw since the summer ones. Built up everything nice, road to WM is finally delivering. Just unsure what they're gonna do for the next 4 Raws after next weeks to top it. Really, really happy with it for fucking once, no real complaints except maybe woulda had Taker/Trips end the show. The Metallica theme was SIIICK.

Also yeah Eve is horrible, and the backstage shit was really cheesey and fake but the Cena stuff made up for it. Hope this isn't Taker's last match, I was sure he was gonna hold off to Face Cena but seems more and more like he wants to retire for good now.

Reaction score
I don't see Taker's final match not being the highlight of whatever show it's on and I'll be fucking pissed if Triple H is the one to break the streak. Taker is getting to 20-0 and I think next year he goes out looking at the lights as he headlines Mania.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
But Rock hasn't lied one time since he came back. "The Rock doesn't need to come back night-in and night-out and kick ass. The Rock has already done that." Just because you go to college doesn't mean you can't sleep in your bed at home during the holidays. And he speaks for most of us when we say Cena's corny and his antics are ultra-childish and he doesn't represent anything except a bunch of little kids who pour money in his pocket because he plays the role of the good guy who does no wrong, ever. Like I said in the shoutbox, it was a good promo from Cena, but he kept saying "the kid is back", which would lead you to believe there'd be a "suck my dick" somewhere in there... instead, he says "bs" instead of "bullshit" and panders to the PG rating... he says "I'm sorry" to the guys in the back before he says "professional wrestlers". He's just being PG Cena... a fucking douchebag who, while he did start to push the envelope a little with his promo-character, tries his hardest to be everything the company wants him to be. The fans don't like the company so much right now, they don't like the fucking mascot for the company right now. It's why CM Punk's push actually worked... people wanted someone who was going to ruin order in the establishment.

SMH @ the notion of Triple H/Undertaker dragging on too long... that's the point!

1) Rock lied when he said he was back and he's never going to leave again....because he left. Since last Mania how many appearences has he made? Almost none.

2) again I am not booing the Rock either, but I also never bashed The Rock for leaving and distancing himself from wrestling. I also didn't bash Brock Lesnar for leaving the WWE either but many did, and if Brock was to show up in the WWE again now, most of those people who bashed Brock will cheer for his return just as they did The Rock.

I don't see Taker's final match not being the highlight of whatever show it's on and I'll be fucking pissed if Triple H is the one to break the streak. Taker is getting to 20-0 and I think next year he goes out looking at the lights as he headlines Mania.

I think this Mania is Taker's last. I think its why its HIAC. Win lose or draw I beleive The Undertaker is retiring after this Mania for good. Personally though I think he should go out undefeated. The Streak should stand forever in my opinion.

soulpower

Reaction score
My only regret if this is indeed Taker's last match, is that we never got Cena v Taker at Wrestlemania.

Let's be honest, out of the current roster, Cena vs Taker with the streak on the line is one of the few big money matches that WWE hasn't done at WM (Sure, they've wrestled before but that was long ago).

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
actually The Rock is not under contract. He's getting appearence fees. Vince has said himself in the investor calls and meetings that The Rock has no contract.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
You know the old saying, say what you mean and mean what you say. Just as the Rock should say what he means. But either way, the truth is Rock stayed away because he didn't want to be associated with wrestling because he thought it would hurt his chances of being taken seriously as an actor. Now that he feels secure in his position in Hollywood, he feels he can come back for these 1 shot big paydays.

John Cena is merely pointing this fact out to the fans. The fact that The Rock is an actor first, a wrestler second. And that for years Rock didn't even want to admit to being a wrestler. But as CM Punk said, John Cena too is proud to be a wrestler. CM Punk says it, the fans cheer. John Cena says it, the fans boo. The Rock hides from wrestling the fans hate, but as soon as he comes out to the ring the fans cheer and quickly forget.

Those fans who are in denial of what the truth about the Rock's past, the ones that hated him for snubbing wrestling but gladly welcomed him back is the reason why Vince McMahon gives us shitty story lines at times that insult our intelegence when it completely contridicts the past story lines they gave us. I'm not saying you have to boo the Rock, but what I'm saying is that its dumb to be booing Cena for pointing out the truth and saying the same things that we all said about the Rock before he "returned"

...god...

Reaction score
I boo Cena because he's given us shitty ass TV for the past 6 years. Rock comes back and gives us entertaining TV instantly. That's all that matters.