WWE RAW Discussion Thread (2/20/12)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
Last night at the Elimination Chamber PPV, John Cena outlasted Kane in an Ambulance match to "Rise Above Hate" and get the win. Now, Cena's next PPV opponent is none other than The Rock at Wrestlemania.

Will Rock show up tonight (Probably not)? Is the Cena/Kane feud FINALLY over (God, I hope so)? And what about Eve and Zack Ryder? Are we supposed to forget that all that shit happened?

Also, both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan successfully defended their titles in their respective matches. After the WHC match, Sheamus made it pretty clear that he's gunning for Bryan's title at WM.

As for Punk, he was the first match in the chamber, and still managed to outlast the competition. However, Chris Jericho was never officially eliminated and you can bet that he'll have something to say about tonight.

Regardless, the build for both the WWE and WHC title matches SHOULD begin tonight!

And last, but not least. Da Undatakah is scheduled to appear (Either live or in video form) to respond to HHH's latest refusal to fight at Wrestlemania. After cutting his hair last week, will Taker take the next logical step and cut himself?

All this and YES! YES! YES! YES! tonight on RAW.

...god...

Reaction score
Taker better be there live or ill be pissed.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Taker is announced as being live tonight... rumors that HBK will also be at the show.

I don't think the Kane/Cena shit is over, but I'd be surprised if we saw Kane before Mania.

Rock won't be there. They'd make a big deal over it in advance to get viewers/sell more tickets.

Jericho, of course, will challenge Punk.

[video=youtube;eB54ZJWrY4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB54ZJWrY4U[/video]

...god...

Reaction score
Saw the Hell in a Cell coming but god damn THIS IS GONNA BE FUCKING AWESOME. God there better be fucking blood, finally we get this dream match.

OH AND NEED JR TOO.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, decent Raw tonight. Missed the first 15 minutes or so, but doubt I missed anything important.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Eve said she was using Zack, was going to use Cena, Cena caught her... Cena started his promo, Eve came out asking for forgiveness, Cena called her a hoeski and shoved her off... she cried like a fucking twit, Cena helped her up, she tried to mouth-rape him, he called her dirty... and they cut the promo with her crying for 5 minutes.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmmmao: Sounds like the best part of the show

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I found it entertaining.....

"Let me recap, Eve here has had a sip of the skank juice"

"Just so you know Eve I'm disease free, and I'd like to keep it that way"

Reaction score
Saw the Hell in a Cell coming but god damn THIS IS GONNA BE FUCKING AWESOME. God there better be fucking blood, finally we get this dream match.

OH AND NEED JR TOO.

Yes. I agree. 3 weeks ago, I really didn't want to see this match. Last week really solidified the storyline. This week sealed the fucking deal. And they will bleed. They were the only ones to take chair shots to the head last year, they will be the only ones allowed to bleed.

Aside from the Eve-Cena nonsense, this was a fucking awesome episode of Raw. The wrestling was good and promos were fucking awesome. Cena's second promo was tits and Taker-HHH was insanely good. If they keep building to Mania this well, I don't see how this can't get back into the million+ buys territory.

And the card is looking like it can be a wrestling utopia.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Both were fined last year for the chair head shots though. Although I always wondered how that works. I mean I realize since its a public company their is no owner per say, but you have to assume that Triple H & Stephanie are among the larger stock holders after maybe Vince & Linda. IDK, I don't understand how that all works. Basically I wouldn't be suprised if Triple H somehow avoided paying the fine, or at least has been able to put if off longer then other talent would have been able too.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I don't think a fine even matters to Paul Levesque.

And I could be mistaken, but didn't Linda sell her stock in the company?

Rell

Reaction score
Both were fined last year for the chair head shots though.

bullshit

they were both fined for the chair shots yet WWE saw fit to replay those very same illegal chair shots during the hhh/taker hype promo.

I'm not buying the fine for one second lol. Like enzo, I didn't too much care about this match prior to 2 weeks ago. Now I'm anticipating the hell out of it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
LMFAO @ YOUR SIG! BRO! WHY THE BRAZZERS LOGO!? HAHAHA!

soulpower

Reaction score
No mention of the main event?

Wade dislocated his elbow, Dolph looked like he killed himself when he smashed his face against the announce table (But through sheer power of Dolph he's okay), and Kofi looked like he blew out a knee when he was eliminated and fell on top of the stairs. Just an ugly match all-around.

This has to be said... Cena is 100% right. We're supposed to boo the guy that's busting his ass week in and week out, while cheering for a guy who had a great run, but has distanced himself from the business as of late. Hell, I'm rooting for John Cena at Wrestlemania.

The Taker-HHH segment was great, but a tad too long (And what the hell at Taker getting what chants?), but we got a Hell in a Cell match out of it, so I can't complain.

And then there's Santino. I wasn't of his inclusion at EC, but after the sustained pop he got during the last segment of the match with Bryan, how does WWE capitalize on him the next night? By having him lose to Bryan in a matter of seconds... And that was my main problem with Santino being added to the title match. He got a spot, did a GREAT job, and WWE does nothing with him afterwards, making the whole Santino thing a waste of time.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I don't think a fine even matters to Paul Levesque.

And I could be mistaken, but didn't Linda sell her stock in the company?

No, Linda just stepped down from any position of power in the company. Her and Vince do not have a prenup either so everything they own is mutually owned.

This has to be said... Cena is 100% right. We're supposed to boo the guy that's busting his ass week in and week out, while cheering for a guy who had a great run, but has distanced himself from the business as of late. Hell, I'm rooting for John Cena at Wrestlemania.

Its so true. The fans cheering Rock & booing Cena are the same fans that just 2 years ago were saying the same things Cena is saying about The Rock. The same fans that keep saying they don't like Cena being PG and wish he spoke the way he used to, and now that he does, sure gets a quick pop but the fans still hate it. The majority of the fans are hypocrites. They called Rock a sellout for leaving and not really wanting to be near the buisness. They claimed they hoped the Rock never came back and if he did they would tell him how they feel. But they aren't doing that. And they are booing the one guy who is saying in publicly.