WWE RAW Discussion thread (1/23/2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulpower

Reaction score
Its the go home show for the Rumble, and there's not a topic here? You're better than that IWF (Fuck it, its still IWF to me).

Highlights include this:

15fngbq.gif

And the single biggest no-sell EVER!

20120123_raw_v_jl_gts_c.jpg

LOOK AT JOHNNY'S FACE!!!

Also, Regal, Clay and Jericho > pretty much everything else on RAW.

Discuss!!

Edit:I'm NOT back... or am I?

soulpower

Reaction score
^^^ Oh, its intentional. The fans are slowly realizing that Bryan is BS'ing them and is winning all his matches with chicken-shit heel tactics (getting dq'ed, taunting the lumberjacks so they would interfere) and that's what is making the fans turn on him. The Henry thing is just an added bonus, so I'm guessing Henry will turn face in the near future.

As for Ryder... No idea. Maybe he's taking time off to film The Marine III:Marine Harder

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Ryder's injury is just a way to advance the Kane/Cena storyline, and possibly start the Ryder/Cena storyline when Ryder returns, which would be epic if Cena puts him over.

Rell

Reaction score
Hey fuck you, Bryan is great right now.

I think they turned him heel because people simply refused to boo Big Show. Show is way over right now. They're supposedly planning something with Show and Shaq at mania, but I can't see the fans turning on Show. Having Bryan cash in on a fallen Show wasn't exactly face'ish though, when you think about it. Of course the fans weren't buying that. It would have made more sense if Bryan cashed in on a fallen Henry.

Then again, this could have all been intentional. The night Bryan won the title, JR wrote a blog about him being a "great villain down the line" which was odd.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bryan is awesome right now, and of course it's a full-blown, intentional heel turn. Have his actions and promos NOT suggested that? And the dude has been fucking gold during his promos recently.

soulpower

Reaction score
^^^THIS!!

Bryan has done a damn fine job with his promos as of late... Not bad for someone who's often been accused of being boring and/or uncharismatic.

nation

Reaction score
Man, looking back and seeing Bryan now cut promos is inspiring. It used to be his weakest point through all of his career until now. He's cutting awesome promos and getting great heat.

...god...

Reaction score
you're Blue if you don't see Bryan being booked as a heel INTENTIONALLY. I mean, they had him snake the title from Big Show a fucking face, with the mitb, then had Show harassed for only keeping it for 45 seconds. Whether that's a good idea or not is a whole different argument. He's been booked pretty shit, pretty much like Christian was, but oh well. So sick of seeing these 'monster' fucks Show/Henry in the title picture. Bring over Miz or Ziggler and put em in the fucking title picture/give em the title.

Reaction score
I was disappointed that he didn't tap Show, disappointed that they kept having Cole bury him, but I'd be lying if he wasn't the most refreshing character right now on WWE tv. I would like to note the depth of heels they have though; Dragon, Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz, Kane, Henry, Rhodes, Christian...that's alot of depth.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lol, Christian. Didn't he sprain his ankle or something? And hasn't been on TV now for at least a few months. He's pretty much just dead.

If he does return, it'd be awesome for him to return the same night Orton does and just for shits and giggles demand from him ONE MORE MATCH for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
never thought id say this but PLEASE GOD DONT LET CENA PUT HIM OVER. i cant stand ryder, he's the worst thing since cena tbh. as bad as the miz has been, he's heads and toes better than that unfunny, uncool douchebag.
You're in an extreme minority with your feelings towards Ryder. And I find it hilarious that people still think only smarks love Ryder, the people who don't buy tickets, but he's been a HUGE merchandise sell and gets some pretty solid fucking reactions at the shows. Gimmick-wise, yeah, he's a little corny, but he's consistent and most people love his material. And in the ring, whether you like his finisher or not, he's pretty fucking solid working a match... a whole helluva lot better than maybe 70% of the names in the top American promotions right now. He's a young star, budding, might work on his character a bit... but he knows how to connect with a fanbase, and a fairly large one at that... just like HBK was when he split from Janetty, just a young kid with a somewhat beat-to-death gimmick who needed the right push and got it. I'm not saying Ryder is HBK, but he damn sure has a lot of the qualities you're looking for in a star.

no, no and no. i really doubt it was intentional because the following two weeks he was still trying to suck up to everyone and try to get cheered. they didn't start booing him till after the 3rd week, after i personally couldn't take him seriously anymore. i dont think thats a coincidence. his character is so TNAish atm its pissing me off. his actions and promos do NOT suggest he's heel, at least not as first. i dont now what to take him as anymore.
We'll get to the bold in a second, but first of all, I'll give you the "two weeks" thing, but I'll only give you 1 night of those two weeks, and that was the next night on Raw. But THAT following Smackdown, he clowned Show and started getting a little heat, and it progressed into this. TNAish? Why? Because he's screwing his way out of matches to retain his belt? Save from a few incidents with say, Edge, this is a classic heel angle that hasn't played out that well since JBL... and while this is still nowhere near a JBL-run in terms of duration, all the signs point to it being exactly like that where he weasels his way out of losing his belt. Promos HAVE suggested heel btw... look back to when Show was telling him to chill out and Bryan looked him in the eye and said "GET YOUR DAMN HAND OFF OF ME!" and Show told him he was getting full of himself and Bryan looked him in the eye again and said "GET IT OFF, NOW!" The dude is a little pandering cunt... it's fucking awesome.

Now to the bold, that sounds nothing like Jericho... >_>. Dude, he wasn't trying to get cheers, he was jumping on the announce table and barricade and yelling "WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION" and telling people left and right "I DID IT! ME! I DID IT! I WON THE BELT! I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY OPPORTUNITY!" He's been self-aggrandizing this entire time... and for anyone unsure, that's Heel 101.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't agree with what Cole is doing now. He shoulda took Bryan's side and say Show intentionally hit AJ instead he's sticking to a character which doesn't work as well as it does if you're a commentator. It's great if you're a wrestler...

nation

Reaction score
The big problem is Cole burying most of the roster and now showing consistency. As a heel announcer, he should be making all the heels look good and not just kissing Cena and Orton's ass to give credibility to the faces. It's the most annoying fucking thing.....

He's buried Bryan, Swagger, Ryder, Dibiase, Christian, etc, etc

Reaction score
Cole is a detriment. Period. Either he needs to be a manager or he needs to go to ESPN where all the WWE announcers seem to wind up.

And Dragon is playing the whole "the title has changed him" angle Booker has been pushing.