WWE RAW 9th January - Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tooey

Reaction score
While I admit last night's RAW was entertaining, it was way too silly in my opinion. The Brodus Clay re-debut was hilarious but he could be so much more than a gyrating funk machine. The gimmick itself is nothing new either. But I'll give it a chance. His theme song needs to be put onto iTunes as soon as possible. Jericho was BRILLILANT once again. This is such a clever way of doing things. It was great satire and mockery. Actually thinking about it...a lot of whats going on is. Jericho is mocking the babyface returns, Funk Clay can be looked as mocking, and Daniel Bryan's over the topness seems like mockery as well. Thats pretty ballsy.

Swagger and Punk was really good and I wish Ziggler wasn't overlooked. For those 5 minutes he was in there with Cena, the dude was on his A game...as usual.

Deuce

Reaction score
Edge stated during an interview with Aftermath on The Score Monday night that if the choice is his, Christian will induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame.
WWE announced during the first hour of Monday's RAW SuperShow that Edge would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame the night after WrestleMania XXVIII.

Knew Christian would be the one to induct Edge into the HoF.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Raw was a pretty good Horror movie.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Shitty Raw overall.

I hope I can warm up to Brodus Clay in time since everybody else seems to think he was one of the high-points of the show. I was cringing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty good show, if you ask me. Funkasauras was one of my favorite parts of the show, it was just so unexpected and actually entertaining.

Edge getting into the Hall of Fame is a great moment for me, being a huge Edge fan for years and years. Looking back on it, he's literally been around for over a decade. Completely deserves it. As far as the Horsemen go, I'm sure Flair's gonna let this get to his head and start telling people he's being inducted in the Hall of Fame twice. Not looking forward to the reports on that.

Punk was average this week, I'm sure all the Punk fanboys will cry when they read this. Get used to it, he's not God. Ziggler could have had a better showing, they should have concluded the match with Ziggler getting back in the ring and being declared the winner before they went to the Adventures of Cena and Kane.

Jericho segment was expected, but of course... this has to be the last time.

Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi needed to be longer, that was bullshit.
You got Punk is your favorite wrestler thing lol and no one has been saying Punk is god. If anything there is been more of a bandwagon of people who turned against Punk because that's become the "cool" thing to do instead of the cool thing to do being to like him.

#HEEL

Reaction score
The show wasn't too bad.

I am not happy about the Bryan/Kofi match at all, but looks like they continue to build on the teased heel turn which is good.

The botched ending of the Punk/Swagger match was odd.. also, they really need to have some promos between Punk and Ziggler so they can progress this supposed feud.

I thought i was gonna hate the Brodus Clay squash match, then after seeing what his gimmick, I think it's hilarious! Wrestling needs to have more characters, not more monster heels that will fade into obsecurity (Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Vladamir Kozlov, Luther Reigns, Heidenrich, Nathan Jones, etc).

Kane/Cena/Ryder angle was somewhat entertaining. By the way how the hell did Ryder "change" the tire without a jack?? lol, and they supposedly need to escape a mad man, with Eve screaming at Ryder to hurry basically the entire segment was annoying... all in all, the segment seemed like something from back in the late 90s, attitude era which was refreshing than seeing the same two generic guys with same tights and same haircuts try to one up each other.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Wrestling is sooooooooooooo gay again. The only things worth watching tonight were Ricardo Rodriguez, The Bellas, Truth, and a little of the Punk/Swagger match. I swear in about six months Dolph Ziggler could carry the damn company on his back if he just had a face to match up with him.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleZone said:
What Happened After Raw?
After Raw went off the air last night, Dolph Ziggler got on the mic and gloated that he defeated John Cena in the main event. Kane then appeared and Ziggler ran off. CM Punk then came out but was attacked by Ziggler, which prompted Kane and Jack Swagger to join the attack.

Big Show and John Cena then came out and cleared the ring of Ziggler and Kane, and then all three baby faces hit their finishers on Jack Swagger.

The usual after a show, so there wasn't a dark match? Interesting that other guys got involved now, not just Cena/Kane.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I suppose I'll check in next week on Jericho, but I can only take so much of this. I understand it, but NOTHING makes sense lately, so I find it hard to believe that this will, even if it is Jericho.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
'Switch this trolling of Jericho has to lead to somewhere. Hopefully a world title match at Mania.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You hear all this bitching about how WWE rushes angles and need to build them slowly and when they do then they're taking too long and can only do this for so long, lol. Be patient it's only been 2 weeks with Jericho.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What the hell happened with Brodus Clay? He was built up to be a monster in the hype videos and now he has some Godfather/Rikishi gimmick that will only lead him to the midcard graveyard. Hopefully the future plan is for Brodus is that it is revealed that Johnny Ace made him have this ridiculous gimmick and Brodus can then turn on Ace and turn into a proper monster heel.

With Jericho PHX is right, two weeks is nothing, there is a long time between now and WM for WWE to build this new Jericho character so there is no rush.

I agree that Ziggler could be a huge star for WWE. Hopefully 2012 is his year and that he remains in the mainevent for the rest of this year.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I went with Flash Funk and The Cat to relate Brodus Clay's gimmick but so far it's hilarious and should lead to some fun stuff until he kind of has to become a monster heel.

Aniking

Reaction score
At first I didn't like what they had done to Brodus Clay, and to be honest a part of me still doesn't, but I found some parts of it quite funny. I laughed my fucking head off when he headbutted Curt Hawkins, did a little dance and yelled "Should I get him?". No idea why I found that so funny, but I did.

Personally, I hope it goes like this. Clay continues with this gimmick for a certain amount of time due to Laurianitis thinking it's "exciting", because after all he is Mr Excitement. Clay enjoys going out there, enjoying himself and also winning his matches, but then it gets to the point where a lot of superstars on the roster think he's a joke. Clay gets made fun of and isn't considered a threat, leading to him turning on Laurianitis, blaming it all on him, and going on a rampage. I'd prefer if he was to become a monster heel, but maybe being a face wouldn't be the worst decision. After all, this gimmick may be able tog et him over with the fans, and attacking Laurianitis would do so too.

I am still as keen as this time last week to see what Jericho does next, but I am hoping he changes it up slightly again. The first week he came out and celebrated with the fans, last week he celebrated again before "crying" in the ring, so hopefully this week he adds something more to it.

If Dolph Ziggler doesn't become WWE Champion in the next... idk, 6 months, or AT LEAST achieves something major, then something's severely wrong with the WWE. The same goes for Cody Rhodes, who isn't to Ziggler's stature quite yet, but he is definitely Smackdown's shining light as Ziggler is Raw's.