WWE RAW 8th July 2013 LIVE Discussion - They're Coming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't know if they are just determined to heel Daniel Bryan, or just make him a more unbalanced character, if it was the latter, I'd be fine with it. But turning him heel would be a mistake, he could be the number two babyface in the company, the guy to potentially let Cena take time off. If you have lightning in a bottle, you catch it, not drop the bottle and break it.

Felt bad for Vickie, hated this gut check shit. Vince making sense about the empathetic wrestling fan. Guessing she is with Ryback now?

Wyatts were good, liked the entrance, the opening promo. But was kinda meh on them attacking Kane, he is kind of a cliche, if they wanted more impact, could've did their entrance during the mainevent, leave both Punk and Orton laying, leaving us thinking wtf?!??! Where's this leave us at the PPV??

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I enjoyed that Raw. Seemed to go by quicker than usual, which was good.

I really enjoyed the Wyatt Family's debut. The videos leading up to it and the entrance itself was just perfect. The 'Husky Harris' chant was really annoying, but let's just hope that it doesn't catch on.

Didn't like the job evaluation. Although Vickie was the heel you almost couldn't help but sympathise with her. She didn't do enough bad things as a GM for all three McMahon's to publicly shame her like that. For me it just didn't work.

I also wasn't a fan of the Cena/Henry segment overall. We've seen Cena give Mark Henry the AA plenty of times, I don't know why the always insist on making it seem like an impossible task for him. Seeing him deliver it on Sunday isn't going to make it any more exciting.

The quality of matches was very good this week. I thought Bryan/Sheamus and Punk/Orton were to fun matches. Strange ending to the show though. Did they try and get Bryan booed there? I don't know what they're trying to do with him any more.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Not a bad debut for the Wyatts, not great but yeah. The portrayal of the characters, the promo and the entrance was gold, the actual attack was 'meh'. Kane seems to be carrying 90% of the WWE's feuds/storylines right now; between his Daniel Bryan friendship coming to an end, the MITB match, still feuding with the Shield and now feuding with the Wyatts its a clusterfuck.

The Smarks ruined it with the "Husky Harris" chant as well. Hopefully that shit doesn't catch on, because they were gold in NXT and can be gold in WWE.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Those same idiots who were chanting Husky Harris, will be the same dickheads who are moaning months from now when he's getting buried if the chants carry on.

Some really fun parts on RAW I thought. Enjoyed Sheamus/Bryan alot, liked the ending to TOF/Shield and the Axel/Jericho match. Really didn't enjoy the Vickie segments and was kinda underwhelmed by Maddox being made GM but I guess he's just going to be the place holder for the upcoming Vince/HHH feud.

Not having all the MITB guys (bar RVD) out at the end made no sense at all and left me scratching my head.

Wyatt hype throughout the night was great and the pop they got too when they arrived was nice to hear. Feel like they could have done something more throughout the attack though, maybe Harpers big ass lariat would have been nice to see but either way it was still a decent segment.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Anybody tryin' to make a point can easily attack KANE nowadays so the Wyatt Family attackin' him sucked other than that everything else they did was golden.

Also liked Brad Maddox being named GM, I enjoyed Team Brickie and I can't wait to see how horrible he does by himself.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Anybody tryin' to make a point can easily attack KANE nowadays so the Wyatt Family attackin' him sucked other than that everything else they did was golden.

Also liked Brad Maddox being named GM, I enjoyed Team Brickie and I can't wait to see how horrible he does by himself.

I hope his ego gets the best of him. I have been a fan of Maddox for a while so it's nice to see him with some power for once.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What with the Wyatt's debut and a couple of the big matches this does sound like a raw worth checking out. One of the better go home shows?

Anti-Christ

Reaction score
All in the family
It’s been years and years since a debuting Superstar has cast as imposing a shadow over the WWE Universe as The Wyatt Family. Theories and speculation have abounded as to what the backwoods madman Bray Wyatt’s mission is and where his family fits into the equation. The rambling sermons glimpsed in the family’s creepy dispatches haven’t provided much clarity. But it’s likely their actions will speak volumes once they make their arrival on Monday’s show

I love these guys, I like the strange superstars/familys in wrestling. Such as Kane/Taker, the old Boogey Man, etc. I can't wait to see what the Wyatt family does.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The promo between Cena and Henry was a great example of what bugs me with Cena. Henry is serious and talking about how he is hungry for the title and Cena has to make a joke about a chocolate bar. FFS remain serious for once, please go an entire RAW without cracking a joke.

Wonder where they are leading with Sin Cara, got one over on the World champion after he was counted out. Looked stronger than I thought he would.

Vickie segment wasn't good but I am glad that Maddox gets the role. He will be the perfect foil for the McMahon feud.

Wyatt Family debut was cool but the actual attack on Kane was a little weak. Could have done more to make a bigger impact.

Ending made no sense to me, why would only Bryan come out?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
watched it DVR last night before bed.

VICKIE IS GONE!!! Hopefully, if she is given a new role, it's a backstage one. She was a good GM and all, but that shrieking, shrill, over the top annoying voice.
Ryback, consoling her on the way out was priceless. Got a little chuckle of that.

Brian/Sheamus: Nice. Further proof that DB can put on a great show with literally anyone.

The Wyatt Family: Loved the entrance. I've been waiting for something fresh in the WWE for what seems like forever, and they delivered without asking for a tip.
I think attacking Kane was a good move as well, possibly opening a spot in the MITB match Sunday for a surprise entrant.

Punk/Orton: I was actually kind of meh. It was a good match, but not the awe inspiring performance we come to expect from either one, let alone both.

Cara/Del Rio: CARA PULLED OFF A MOVE!!! It's an early Christmas miracle! Del Rio sold it like crap, though. I'm not complaining. I just love the irony in that.