WWE RAW 30th April 2012 LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Does this mean Rey should never win a match then you know cause he's all small and shit and Big Show should never lose?

Not really, you're concentrating on the 'midget' part too much.

But did I 'buy' Danielson beating Big Show and Mark Henry? Hellfuckingno. He looks like average man on the street, someone who would work behind the till at a Subway. If I think I can fuck him up, why would I buy him as a World Champion in a company full of giants. He's a 5ft 3" , probably not 100lbs when wet, straightedge vegan (how much of a pussy does that sound?), and hes beating a 300lbs powerlifter black man. Think about that for a second.

At least they've got the hint and had him pick on people his own size, namely AJ. That's a believable feud for him to go over in, I could buy that. It's just a matter of suspension of disbelief.

He'd be a great jobber to the stars on nXt or something, but IDK why hes being pushed so much.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Because he can wrestle? That's kinda' good to be able to do in a wrestling company.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really, you're concentrating on the 'midget' part too much.

But did I 'buy' Danielson beating Big Show and Mark Henry? Hellfuckingno. He looks like average man on the street, someone who would work behind the till at a Subway. If I think I can fuck him up, why would I buy him as a World Champion in a company full of giants. He's a 5ft 3" , probably not 100lbs when wet, straightedge vegan (how much of a pussy does that sound?), and hes beating a 300lbs powerlifter black man. Think about that for a second.

At least they've got the hint and had him pick on people his own size, namely AJ. That's a believable feud for him to go over in, I could buy that. It's just a matter of suspension of disbelief.

He'd be a great jobber to the stars on nXt or something, but IDK why hes being pushed so much.
It makes no sense to think that about Bryan when you support Rey who is smaller and pretty much everyone is bigger than him yet has had wins over guys like Kane. What's the difference between Rey and Bryan that despite Rey being smaller and looks like a kid you buy him more than Bryan or any other "vanilla midget" not to mention you bash indy guys for lack of mic skills yet Rey blows on the mic. I'm not some huge indy fan or anything so I'm not even defending it like that but rather defending logic cause you're not being logical with this at all and contradicting yourself.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PHX your forgetting Crock/COCK whatever the guys name is. Is a fan of Rey because he's on ROIDS

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
PHX your forgetting Crock/COCK whatever the guys name is. Is a fan of Rey because he's on ROIDS
That's the only thing that could actually make sense. Would be stupid but no other reason I think of to be like fuck these midgets and one of your favorites is the smallest motherfucker in the wwe outside of Hornswoggle.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rey is a fast, slippery midget who works around that style. It's like Wile E Coyote trying to catch Speedy Gonzales, he always gets bettered. Anyway if you've ever seen Rey's matches with giants you' d know how he works them, gets tossed around like a ragdoll and sells like a beast. Hell, even Chavo kicked fuck out of him. Plus his title runs were booked as pure flukes, while Danielson tried to seem legit.

Danielson is sort of a slow, methodical submission guy. It doesn't really work for me. Sheamus beating him in 20 secs wasn't a shock to me, because who wouldn't expect that IRL. And yes, I know it's not 'real life' but still, it's being presented as somewhat of a fight and its still not realistic for Danielson all things considered to beat any of the guys he has, working the style he does.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
But wouldn't it make sense for a smaller guy to use something like submissions to take down a bigger guy since they can't out power them? If Bryan was going around powerbombing dudes twice his size I'd get your point more but anytime Bryan has faced a bigger guy he did it in a realistic way of trying to chop them down and wear them down. Just cause someone is bigger doesn't automatically meant you can't do shit to them that can hurt them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How was Bryan booked as legit up until Extreme Rules? His whole title reign was a fluke by cashing in and barely escaping all his defenses.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's more the fact Bryan worked an extraordinary match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules and has been given credit for it. We all know he can work a match with CM Punk and it will easily be MOTN at Over The Limit

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But wouldn't it make sense for a smaller guy to use something like submissions to take down a bigger guy since they can't out power them? If Bryan was going around powerbombing dudes twice his size I'd get your point more but anytime Bryan has faced a bigger guy he did it in a realistic way of trying to chop them down and wear them down. Just cause someone is bigger doesn't automatically meant you can't do shit to them that can hurt them.

Spot on that post says it all! Besides the point Cork is missing is that Big Show for most of his WWE career has looked like a fat slob who might fall over his own shoe laces. Of course it is not realistic that someone off the street could beat him, but a proper wrestler like Bryan yes.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I wouldn't.

Being able to kick out of everything doesn't make you special, it makes you a mark for yourself.

Learn to sell Davey ffs.

Think he was joking.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why would you be joking about that, it's true, Davey Richards is the worst wrestler in America r/n.

Indy marks wanna trash Cena for being a no-selling piece of shit who only has 5 moves, well I think they need to look a bit closer to home before doing that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why would you be joking about that, it's true, Davey Richards is the worst wrestler in America r/n.

Indy marks wanna trash Cena for being a no-selling piece of shit who only has 5 moves, well I think they need to look a bit closer to home before doing that.

Davey Richards is nothing but a tiny Benoit clone.

Then again, that is what most of the new batch of indy wrestlers try to do.

Best Davey Richards sell-job was when people would just stiff the fuck out of him.