WWE RAW 2nd January 2012 - It Begins LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Indiana Jones part makes it more sense that Ryder was involved at all.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The report is saying it WAS an Indiana Jones like cliffhanger. In other words, it was supposed to leave you on the edge of your seat and have you tuning in next week to see what happens.

Oh my bad, I misread. I still didn't like the ending that much.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I just wondering now how the hell Indiana Jones got brought up for now of all times?

Deuce

Reaction score
I would have prefered the show to end with the return of Y2J, the cliffhanger wasn't even that great but I hope it is does get better. I hope Jericho doesn't do another "silent" segment because that was boring.

Aniking

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with the segment between Kane, Cena and Ryder. It got it's point across and was probably the right segment to end the show. I agree with that decision.

I would have prefered the show to end with the return of Y2J, the cliffhanger wasn't even that great but I hope it is does get better. I hope Jericho doesn't do another "silent" segment because that was boring.

The whole point of the segment wasn't to entertain you, it was to get people talking about Jericho's return and for us to wonder why he gave everybody the silent treatment. So what if it was boring, it wasn't supposed to be fascinating.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wouldn't have minded if the show ended with Jericho doing what he did which was meant to annoy you since he's obviously gonna be heel. If that is the plan for him to troll the fans then it was done perfectly.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
PHX, I agree on a level but that KANE spot was kind of a show ending thing. That couldn't have really taken place anywhere else on the show. I do think Jericho would have got more boos at then end though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I finally saw the entire Jericho segment today and it is even better than I first thought. He spent close to ten minutes saying nothing but managing to get the crowd to go crazy the entire time. He did such a good job to get the crowd to continue to cheer and it was impressive that he was able to keep them happy for that long. As I was watching it I could start to imagine what his promo is going to be next week when he shows that he is a heel. The fans are still putty in his hands, they are mindless fans that will do whatever he says, he never even had to speak yet he had them going crazy for ten minutes.

Reminded me of the segment before WM27 where HHH and Undertaker met in the ring to set up the PPV match, they didn't say a word and the crowd went nuts. Just goes to show that the true talents know how to work a crowd.

Zen

Reaction score
I haven't reviewed the segment, but perhaps it was my stream or something but when I first viewed the segment, the crowd definitely wasn't a hot crowd by any means, and nor were they crazy when he came back. Might just me though, I guess I will review it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I haven't reviewed the segment, but perhaps it was my stream or something but when I first viewed the segment, the crowd definitely wasn't a hot crowd by any means, and nor were they crazy when he came back. Might just me though, I guess I will review it.

It was a very hot crowd and they were ongoing for the whole segment cheering him. Don't know what you were watching.

HD clip of his return.

[video=youtube;hgI18EEWWRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI18EEWWRc[/video]​