WWE RAW 20th August 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
CONTAINS SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS

WWE_RAW.png

20120819_Light_SS_v_HHH_Lesner_R.jpg

HHH Taps Out
Brock Lesnar managed to make HHH tap out to his kimura lock at SummerSlam and some are saying that this may be the end of the game. He spent a good five minutes leaving the ring after the match, to chants of "You tapped out", and it seemed like he was saying goodbye to the fans. Has Lesnar managed to finish the game the week after breaking HBK's arm? What is next for Lesnar now that he has defeated HHH?

20120819_LIGHT_SS_v_punkwins_L.jpg

Punk Retains
Punk managed to retain his WWE title at Summerslam and continue the 13th longest title reign but the win didn't come without some controversy. At one stage Punk locked in the Koji Clutch on Show and then Cena locked in the STF as well. Show tapped and both wrestlers tried to claim the victory. RAW GM AJ came to the ring and restarted the match and after less than a minute Punk did managed to finally pin Show for the victory. What will happen next in the Punk/Cena saga? Who does Show go after next? Will Punk mainevent the next PPV?

20120819_LIGHT_SS_Sheamus_Delrio_L_THUMB.jpg

Sheamus Screws Del Rio
Just when you thought this feud couldn't be booked any poorer there was a dusty finish to the match at SummerSlam. Sheamus used Riccardo's shoe to hit Del Rio before pinning him. But it doesn't end there as Del Rio's foot was on the ropes during the three count and Sheamus in seeing that pulled his leg off the rope so that the referee couldn't see it. What does this mean for Sheamus? It was a pretty heelish thing to do and something that we haven't seen before from face Sheamus. Will Del Rio receive another title shot at Night of Champions?

Antonio Cesaro Wins the US title
In the SummerSlam preshow Cesaro faced Santino for the United States Championship and Cesaro managed to end Santino's five month title reign. With the title in new hands can Cesaro bring back some prestige to the championship? Who will challenge for the title once Santino has had his rematch?

Primetime Players Fall Short
Primetime Players had the momentum leading into the PPV but they couldn't get the job done when it mattered. Kofi and Truth managed to retain the titles with a convincing win against the number one contenders. With Hawkins/Reks being the only other heel tag team on the roster who will be the next team to challenge for the titles?

Bryan Burns Kane
Daniel Bryan managed to catch Kane off guard to pin him with a rollup in their match at SummerSlam. After the match Kane wasn't too happy with what had happened and he put his hands on Josh Matthews. AJ has said that she will deal with that tonight on RAW. Will Kane be suspended for his actions?

Tune in for all and much more (including many many recaps). Join in the fun and discuss RAW as it happens with other WS members in this thread.​

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Should be an interesting raw as based on last night things do seem to moving forward a bit.

Lesnar should appear to gloat about his win and maybe issue an open challenge but I hope that the feud with HHH is done now.

The other highlight should be seeing what happens with Kane and Bryan now.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Interested in the show and where they go with things since I didn't expect a lot of last nights results (look at the prediction thread, if you don't believe me).

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
For more on the situation, tune in to Monday Night Raw tonight, where Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman will address the WWE Universe at the top of the show (8/7 CT).
Will be interesting to see where they go with this now.

Also, I'm entirely sure why but I have a horrible feeling that Kane's "punishment" is going to be getting a rematch against Bryan as ass backwards as that sounds.

Blujay

Reaction score
If it's Taker and Brock at Mania could we see the seeds planted tonight? I'm anxious for the show tonight. I hope whoever Brock's next opponent is is an entertaining choice. The build with HHH was great but it just didn't pay off in the end.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Brock is supposedly competing again at Survivor Series.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Kane doesn't deserve to be treated like a jobber then again like the sound of that match Scott.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kane doesn't deserve to be treated like a jobber then again like the sound of that match Scott.

Not sure how putting over someone for a bigger opponent is called jobbing? JYD did it for Harley Race and was meant to build him up for Hogan.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^Depends how the match plays out. Thing is because Kane is not seen as such a big deal anymore by management as he once was and would just be used as a stop gap for Lesnar then I would expect a one sided bout but I doubt the match will happen anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
^Depends how the match plays out. Thing is because Kane is not seen as such a big deal anymore by management as he once was and would just be used as a stop gap for Lesnar then I would expect a one sided bout but I doubt the match will happen anyway.

But, the dude still beats big name stars from time to time, just because he isn't world champion all the time doesn't mean he is seen as a big deal anymore, he is a good hand to the company and still over. remeber this guy was supposed to be a bad guy at the begining of the year and it didn't take long for the fans to turn him. Sure wasn't the company that turned him.

Lesnar could show off his dominance by beating a monster, how is that bad?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You may have a point I would be interested in seeing the match anyway. He is still over quite strong I agree with that.

Lewb

Reaction score
Yeah, isn't Kane the last guy to beat Punk? It won't happen though. Kanes punishment will probably be a pointless match up against Randy Orton or something. Excited for Paul Heyman to start the show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Lesnar to open up the show, this should be a good opening segment especially if Heyman's doing the talking.