Raw WWE RAW 17th March 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Aye @deezy, still don't believe they have heels and faces? The Shield just turned face, whether WWE wants to call 'em a "face" or not... that's what it is.

BTW, nothing about that Trips beatdown on Bryan was anything less than TV-14... maybe even TV-MA. Trips attempted murder... and Steph encouraged him to literally "DROWN HIM!" Then the chairshot to the head? Yeah, that'll be an actual fine (not that Trips is worried about $15K out of his pocket).

Reactions: PHX
Reaction score
Nice Taker / Brock video segment, but someone needs to edit the scripts or pay closer attention when directing the voice actor doing the narration. "Unmerciless" makes no sense.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Aye @deezy, still don't believe they have heels and faces? The Shield just turned face, whether WWE wants to call 'em a "face" or not... that's what it is.

BTW, nothing about that Trips beatdown on Bryan was anything less than TV-14... maybe even TV-MA. Trips attempted murder... and Steph encouraged him to literally "DROWN HIM!" Then the chairshot to the head? Yeah, that'll be an actual fine (not that Trips is worried about $15K out of his pocket).
We still trying this argument? Shield didn't like taking orders from a lackey, and they have had this attitude from day one.

Make it sound like they just started clapping hands with fans and will wear white boots and constantly smile next show.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
if we're going old X-Pac and NAO as well
Then we could see who draws more X-Pac heat between him and Dave. :lmaoPersonally, we should rename it Batista heat.

Also, the hounds finally slipping their leash...:mark:

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Steph and H absolutely killed it this week, so awesome. The last segment was something that wouldn't have looked out of place 10 years ago. People should take a page out of H's book on how to deliver a proper beatdown on someone. Shirt ripping and a few punches may sound simple, but he brings an entirely different level of intensity to it that not many people can. He hasn't been this fun to watch in a long time.

I also like the added stipulation to his match against Bryan. He actually did a very good job of giving a valid reason as to want to be in the main event, and also managed to involve both Batista and Orton into the main storyline, which I felt they properly weren't in since Batista's return.

Also like the Shield's face turn. It was clearly something they thought of doing over the past 2 weeks or so, but they're still so over as a group that I'm happy with them staying together for another while. I wouldn't mind seeing a 6-Man between them, Kane and maybe the other two Wyatt's at Mania.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I love the idea of the utterly ruthless Triple H from back in the day now in the Vince McMahon role. That's the image I had when Triple H's new TV role began and now it's turned out just like I hoped.

Despite taking a freakin' horrific beating, Daniel Bryan got some momentum this week too. It's a steadier build-up for him now where it looks like he really could pull it off in the triple threat, but Triple H will give him absolute hell first.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another decent raw this week, if one which featured a little too pointless filler, but the hype for Mania and some of the segments were very effective.

Thought HHH and Orton carried segment with Batista very well, and I like the twist of Orton/Batista blaming each other for the whole Daniel Bryan thing. HHH ripping into them at the end was good also.

The non-title tag bout was strong and the fans seem to be into it. Would love a full on feud between TRA and The Usos.

Sheamus's win over O'Neill wasn't great, but I loved Christian's line about "JBL looking like David Spade in a fat suit":lmao

Cena/Wyatt segment was okay at least Cena kept it straight for once.

Bryan/Orton no DQ was easily MOTN.

Heyman hyping up the Brock/Taker match didn't really add much even if the vid was pretty good.

The Goldust comedy match was very meh.

The Shield turn segment was very well handled and it opens up fresh possibilties for the big show and beyond.

Actually thought the Ladies match was pretty decent this week. Hope to get AJ/Tamina at Mania.

The eight man tag was hit and miss.

The Wyatt squash was nothing.

Stephanie and HHH sold the final segment to perfection and Gimmick is spot on about HHH showing others how to do a proper beat down. Also, this has been the best he has been on the mic in over a decade.