WWE RAW 17th June 2013 - Payback Fallout LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*SPOILERS* If you haven't seen WWE Payback and don't want to know the score then look away now *SPOILERS*

300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20130616_Payback_Ziggler_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Ziggler Del Rio Double Turn
Last night Ziggler defended his World Heavyweight Championship for the first time on PPV and he failed in his quest to retain the title. Del Rio took advantage of Ziggler's recent cooncussion by constantly attacking his head on his way to regaining the title. Ziggler put in a strong performance as always and actually played the face in peril throughout the match and was cheered by the crowd for the entire match. Did we witness a double turn with Ziggler going face for the first time and Del Rio returning to being a heel? What reaction will both wrestlers get on RAW tonight?

PAY_Photo_306crop.jpg

Another Challenger Bites the Dust
Another PPV and another challenger to Cena's title is destroyed. Ryback has had four title shots in the past year and has failed every single time, in fact he hasn't won a PPV match at all since last July. WWE has shown that he can't climb that final hurdle and that Cena is superior to all new challengers to his throne. Ryback has lost two title matches in a row against Cena so is this the end of the feud? Who do you think will challenge Cena for the WWE title at MITB?

Successful Homecoming for CM Punk
WWE didn't pull the bait and switch last night and CM Punk actually appeared and wrestled on the show. He was successful in his return, defeating Chris Jericho in a solid match. Some interesting interaction occured during the match between Punk and Heyman will Punk seeming to take issue with Heyman trying to interfere in the match. Is this the end of the collaboration between Punk and Heyman? Is Punk back in full on face mode? Will Punk be on RAW tonight?

Hall of Pain Reopening for Business or Closing for Good?
Mark Henry is scheduled to return to RAW tonight, at first it seemed like he would be back and looking for more names to add to the Hall of Pain but some strange tweets from him now make it look like this could be a retirement announcement. Will Henry retire tonight or are the tweets just part of a storyline?

Money In The Bank
There are four weeks between Payback and MITB so WWE have given themselves a sensible amount of time to build for the next PPV. Already it has been announced that former WWE Champion RVD will be returning on the show. What matches would you like to see added to the PPV? Do you want to see qualifying matches for the MITB match(es)?

Tune in for all that plus a lot more on RAW tonight. Join in the thread and discuss the show as it happens with other members, the more the merrier.

What are you looking forward most on RAW tonight?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
3 Stages of Hell just screams finality, so I'm assuming the Ryback/Cena feud is over although Cena has never pinned Ryback. If not Ryback though, who is next in line? It's too early for Bryan in my opinion, Punk just came back, Henry seems to be done. There aren't any main event heels for Cena to feud with.

Speaking of Punk, I think it's only a matter of time before he and Heyman go their separate ways. Heyman's got a new pet project, so I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing signs of a split.

The fallout is definitely going to be interesting. First time in a while that I'm actually excited for Raw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that Ryback has had his last chance for now at least. Failed to win the title two PPVs in a row and really he needs another feud to allow him to pick up a PPV win or two before they try him in the title scene again. Feed him someone that is a big enough name but someone that he will go over, maybe give him Jericho.

As for Cena I agree that they should keep Bryan back until SummerSlam so they only need someone for one PPV match. Tough to think of a decent option, even looking at who wrestled at Payback last night there isn't a standout option. Big Show is due to return soon and it isn't hard to put him in a title match if they wanted. Maybe Henry will be used in a career vs. title match that Cena obviously wins. Will be interesting to see who they pick for Cena at MITB.

It does seem likely that Punk and Heyman are through. Heyman can then focus on Curtis Axel and try to do something with him and the IC title, plus he has Lesnar to manage as well.

I hope that tonight they announce how many MITB matches there will be and the number of competitors. Start hyping the match(es) early and make it a must see PPV.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Really need something from Ziggler tonight. I don't want another Ziggler Del Rio match but feels like it needs it. The rest of the card they can pretty much go either way with or without rematches.

Cena Ryback seems pretty over should be. We SHOULDN'T even see Ryback tonight. Really wonder where he goes from here? Does he go to Ambrose or Axel? While he could go to the Main Eventer grudge feud are that doesn't make much sense cause he's never held a title.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
:a: Austin Aries filled in for Punk???

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
:lmao Ricardo & Del Rio still booed.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Nice to see Del Rio with the black scarf once again.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Ricardo looks better with the title belt than Del Rio does.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
they seem to be delaying this heel turn and this is just looking bad.