WWE RAW 13th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I want more fan involvement like it was years ago. 8D I'm gonna laugh if a fan runs in during The Rock v Cena main event.

Chadillac

Reaction score
The news outlets normally post the crowd figures every couple of weeks so we will be able to find out what the crowd was then. Even if it wasn't sold out I think that the crowd was fantastic all night, they were so loud and vocal and most importantly got involved in every single thing that happened tonight. Wish there were more crowds like that.

Well when it does, it will show less than 8,000. 6500 to 7500 max. And the average attendance for all events is 4900. Remember in 2009 it was 6400? in 2001 it was 9,800. in 2000 it was 14,000. See the trend people? Anyway, with any business it must hit it's floor before it can rebound. I think the floor was 2011. I'm excited about the future prospects for WWE. I think they can get back to 2009 levels, and creep back up to the 4.0 to 4.5 range in the next 18 months to 2 years. But AE levels, we will never see that again. Not unless Vince gets some serious competition with a committed billionair behind it. But Yes, the crowd was great tonight

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Making casual fans care is the least of my wrestling concerns.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Money in the Bank had a good crowd at the All State Arena but that was mainly because of Punk in the title match and it being billed as his last wwe match.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Well when it does, it will show less than 8,000. 6500 to 7500 max. And the average attendance for all events is 4900. Remember in 2009 it was 6400? in 2001 it was 9,800. in 2000 it was 14,000. See the trend people? Anyway, with any business it must hit it's floor before it can rebound. I think the floor was 2011. I'm excited about the future prospects for WWE. I think they can get back to 2009 levels, and creep back up to the 4.0 to 4.5 range in the next 18 months to 2 years. But AE levels, we will never see that again. Not unless Vince gets some serious competition with a committed billionair behind it. But Yes, the crowd was great tonight

You do know that tapings get between 10,000 to 15,000 at 2/3 arenas? House shows are between the 4000-10000 range.
Even Australia house shows get 12,000 and 13,000.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
We got about 1000 for a house show up here in 2005. YEAH!

Chadillac

Reaction score
You do know that tapings get between 10,000 to 15,000 at 2/3 arenas? House shows are between the 4000-10000 range.
Even Australia house shows get 12,000 and 13,000.

Ok, go to WWE.com and it is right there in the financial statement. the average attendance for events held in 2011 was 4,900. Troy please tell him. In 2009 it was 6400. Thats was WWE's most financially successfull year since 2001. AND IT WAS LED BY RANDY ORTON AND CODY RHODES MAIN EVENTING EVERY NIGHT. OK WE CAN GIVE TED A FOOT NOTE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

But one thing that you need to consider is the fact that back in 2001 they had one brand. WWE have two now that run seperate house show routes each week. I agree that attendances are down across the board but they are still doing well considering they are running twice as many house shows now than they were ten years ago. The future does look bright though and in a year or two hopefully WWE will have continued to push new stars so that we have a new era running WWE.

HHH mentioned tonight that he, HBK and Taker were the last of an era, the newer guys need to listen and take note and start to strive to create a new era together that will take WWE back to the heights they previously reached.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
But one thing that you need to consider is the fact that back in 2001 they had one brand. WWE have two now that run seperate house show routes each week. I agree that attendances are down across the board but they are still doing well considering they are running twice as many house shows now than they were ten years ago. The future does look bright though and in a year or two hopefully WWE will have continued to push new stars so that we have a new era running WWE.

HHH mentioned tonight that he, HBK and Taker were the last of an era, the newer guys need to listen and take note and start to strive to create a new era together that will take WWE back to the heights they previously reached.

The only problem with that is WWE restrict almost everyone, give them a chance to go out there and be themselves like CM Punk has done. Look at his success.
"WWE has always had these over the top, extreme attitudes. I don't think the answer is creating something different, or bringing back the The Attitude Era. I think you need to let these cats fly. Kick them out of the nest to see if they can survive. The cream will rise to the top and the weak is going to fall by the wayside because this is a competitive environment. That's the only way to bring any edge back into the product. It's about letting guys fly, talking from their hearts, and their guts, and their brains. That's what makes for exciting TV. It ain't about 'attitude.' End of story."

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Then how funny is 150 for TNA last year?

Chadillac

Reaction score

Troy, i do commend you on that point. I can remember in april of 2002, the WWE had pulled in 4 straight 4.8's in ratings. The second the brand split happend, they dropped to 3.8's. And the attendance followed. But you also have to concede my point about the big drop off from 2009.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Troy, i do commend you on that point. I can remember in april of 2002, the WWE had pulled in 4 straight 4.8's in ratings. The second the brand split happend, they dropped to 3.8's. And the attendance followed. But you also have to concede my point about the big drop off from 2009.

Funny how the drop off came after they turned PG, hey?

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I too, believe the PG era has a lot to do with it. However, there are several reasons. Popularity in professional wrestling has declined with the world of MMA being built up with a bigger fan base the past few years.