Wwe pushing for a Ronda return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That one and the Charlotte match at Survivor Series probably. Also the debut mixed tag but that's harder to compare
I forget the Charlotte one tbh but ya I aways remember Sasha and the mixed tag. Prob one of the very few mixed tags wwe has done i actually liked

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People "not interested" in Ronda are the same people who clamour for women to be brought back to when the Women's R/Evolution was in full swing....well guess the fuck what? She was the main reason why women were brought to the forefront on the main roster....Sasha and Bayley can get all the praise they want, but NXT isn't the main roster, nor did it have the reach of that the main roster show had.

Without Ronda, no all womens PPV, and for damn sure no Wrestlemania mainevent.

Everyone, especially the women on that roster should be thanking their lucky stars this is even a rumour.

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Sabretooth

Reaction score
lol I was waiting for Deezy to talk about how Ronda is the greatest thing ever.

Personally I'm 50/50. I never thought she was that great, but she wasn't terrible. She does have star power no doubt so that's good.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
That one and the Charlotte match at Survivor Series probably. Also the debut mixed tag but that's harder to compare

The mixed tag was crazy good, I was not expecting a lot from it with Stephanie in there. But man, they sure proved me wrong. Excellently booked. Actually rewatched that one a few times.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
lol I was waiting for Deezy to talk about how Ronda is the greatest thing ever.

Personally I'm 50/50. I never thought she was that great, but she wasn't terrible. She does have star power no doubt so that's good.
Nothing I said was wrong.....everything I claim about Rousey is undeniable.

Except me saying it took her only 6 months to become the female GOAT....that's just my opinion....some will agree with me on that.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I swear if (when) they have face Ronda win the Rumble it'll go down like Batista in 2014

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ronda Rousey reportedly met with a WWE official last week.

As we’ve noted, it was revealed this week that WWE is pushing for Rousey to make her return to action soon, and she has been discussed as a potential Royal Rumble entrant. It’s been speculated that she may return at Saturday’s big event in the Women’s Rumble Match, but nothing has been confirmed. It was also reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio that Rousey will be at WrestleMania 38 in April. Rousey has reportedly been training and there’s been a feeling of “when and not if” she returns to the ring.

In an update, PWInsider reports that at least one WWE official flew to California after last week’s TV tapings to meet with Rousey. There is no word yet on what came of that meeting.

Furthermore, WWE sources have confirmed that Rousey’s makeup artist and stylist that she used when she was last working for WWE, Abraham Esparza, is scheduled to be at The Rumble on Saturday and then at Monday’s RAW. This booking has been locked in for several weeks now.

Regarding a Rousey return at The Rumble, it was noted that multiple sources who aware of Rumble plans say “it’s all on Rousey” at this point and whether or not she wants to pull the trigger on the return. With that said, WWE is ready for her to return and they want her to work WrestleMania 38.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Nothing I said was wrong.....everything I claim about Rousey is undeniable.

Except me saying it took her only 6 months to become the female GOAT....that's just my opinion....some will agree with me on that.

Literally what? You think she's the GOAT :lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Literally what? You think she's the GOAT :lol
Sold out house show tour with her headlining it.

3rd most merch sold that year behind Cena and Austin.

Headlined Wrestlemania and her own PPV.....Got the only good match out of Nia Jax.

GOAT status resume right there.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sold out house show tour with her headlining it.

3rd most merch sold that year behind Cena and Austin.

Headlined Wrestlemania and her own PPV.....Got the only good match out of Nia Jax.

GOAT status resume right there.

Except she wasnt that good. If all those stats are true, then it's cause of her star power (which again, is important) but never had the matches that so many other women have had and her promo/acting skills are average.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Except she wasnt that good. If all those stats are true, then it's cause of her star power (which again, is important) but never had the matches that so many other women have had and her promo/acting skills are average.
Her star power is a reflection of her skill.....that's the whole point of pro wrestling.

Get that stupid ass internet critic horse shit out of your head....in ring skill is getting people to watch you, and having them react. Which she did in spades, stop being a mini Meltzer and act like you're scoring some figure skating routine.....she did what all the women haven't done before her....bring womens wrestling to the mainstream.

How many glass ceilings were broken in her ONE year in pro wrestling? How many after? Bianca and Sasha wouldn't have mainevented without her. And there hasn't been an all female PLE after she left.

Your personal opinion of "not being good" is just your subjective taste....what she did in ONE year is a helluva lot more than any female on the roster currently or before her have ever accomplished. That's not a biased opinion, that's a fact.