WWE Purchases Huge Video Library

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE has acquired the Watts video library consisting of Mid-South Wrestling, Mid-South's Power Pro Wrestling TV and the original Universal Wrestling Federation. Unlike most libraries, there were a number of complete house shows from the 1980s that were filmed and maintained along with the TV footage, allowing WWE access to lots of rare footage that can repurpose for their properties.

The library, which was owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife Ene as part of a divorce settlement, was the largest known video collection not owned by WWE. There had been numerous meetings and attempts to purchase the library by WWE but the two sides had been unable to come to terms. With the Network planned to launch later this year, WWE wanted the additional material in their archives. WWE will officially take possession of the library this week.
One WWE source noted that there are already discussions internally to do a DVD documentary on the promotion as well as full fledged DVDs on Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Duggan, all of whom were major stars for the territory. I want to thank Brian Pickering for his help

Have been hearing about this library for many years, good timing with WWE launching their Network within the next few years. I hope that when they eventually launch the Network that every week they have timeslots for the old promotions that they own, each week we can see a new episode of MSW, UWF, WCCW, ECW, WCW etc.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Read about it yesterday, shame i've never heard of the promotion. But it's a good addition to the WWE Network if it's going to be debuting later this year

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mid South is huge, a huge add that comes only behind WCW and ECW. It's a bigger add than AWA and even TNA.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hells yes, I guessed which library it was before I even opened the thread. FINALLY!!!! :D

Mid South is huge, a huge add that comes only behind WCW and ECW. It's a bigger add than AWA and even TNA.
LOL it's a CONSIDERABLY larger library than ECW considering it was in business for nearly 40 years. Even AWA amassed more footage than ECW.

This is the greatest add for WWE since they purchased WCW without a doubt. I didn't think Watts's old bag would ever give it up, honestly. Can't wait for the Mid South DVD.