WWE product to be further toned down

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE, under the guise of Linda McMahon, is toning down to PG-rated television more than ever now that Linda has become a member of the Connecticut State Board Of Education. The company is telling everyone that there is to be no blood, very little sexuality aside for some comedy bits, no threatening of serious violence, and a more clean and wholesome family product because they don’t want these things to be thrown back in Linda’s face by any political enemies.

- WZRonline.com

In other news, last Friday's Smackdown scored a 1.6 rating. I wonder if these two things are connected in any way. :disgust1:

Travis40

lol, how many times have we seen this same exact report (with different circumstances), and we see the same WWE product for the next 2 months? I'm really getting tired of these BS reports tbh.

MikeRaw

This isn't new though? They've been doing the no sexuality and no blood thing for 6 months or so now.

Travis40

Everyone said that the original "WWE is phasing out everything worth watching" reports were BS, and look at where we are now.

Even if it is "toned down" significantly, it's still better than anything TNA or ROH is putting out right now.

MikeRaw

Everyone said that the original "WWE is phasing out everything worth watching" reports were BS, and look at where we are now.

Right, but we already know it's true by watching the product. We don't needd an old, rehashed report to remind us.

Moonlight Drive

WWE product hasn't been toned down at all, if anything it's been the opposite tbh.

Anyone else remember Hornswoggle running through the hole in the wall back in '07?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ :lmao

As for the topic, there's no way they can tone it down anymore, unless they don't even have the guys touch each other when they hit each other. And use sound effects when they hit.

This Guy

^^or even better like in the 60's Batman show with Adam West the big "Pow" and "Blam" etc words in colour across the screen...even better then sound effects imo lol

Travis40

^^or even better like in the 60's Batman show with Adam West the big "Pow" and "Blam" etc words in colour across the screen...even better then sound effects imo lol

:laugh:

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if TNA did something like that.