WWE planning Women's Tournament

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Source: DANIELLE MATHESON via Uproxx.com

Rumors of an all-women’s tournament in WWE have been quietly batted around for the last few months, but now it looks like it’s going to become a reality. Much like they scouted for the Cruiserweight Classic, WWE has been on the lookout for independent female talent to bring on board for a showcase tournament highlighting the best female athletes pro wrestling has to offer.

WrestlingInc shared the news that the tournament could take place as early as the first quarter of 2017. If they manage to pull this off, it could be one of the most exciting things WWE has done in a long time.

WWE changed up how they approach the use of outside talent, allowing wrestlers like Samoa Joe and James Storm to perform on television without being under an official contract. Once that precedent was set, it paved the way for the critically adored Cruiserweight Classic. Not only did that tournament introduce viewers to some of the biggest names in independent wrestling, but helped set the standard for what WWE hopes to accomplish with their new Cruiserweight division. By doing the same kind of thing, but with unsigned female talent, it will help further put the stamp on the direction the company is trying to take in equalizing their women’s divisions.

This is very interesting and great opportunity for Female wrestlers. I'm very unfimiliar with the Women's indie scene, Taeler Hendrix being the only name I know, so it'll be a great way to introduce these talents to a main stream audience like they did with the CWC. Overall I can't wait to see this come to fruition, if it's anywhere near as good as the CWC I'm down.

So how do you feel about the WWE Women's Classic?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I would really like for this to happen.

There are a ton of talented women out there and an opportunity to showcase them would be awesome.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
That would be fucking awesome I totally support the women's division #Women's Revolution

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Unless they get any of the Stardom/Sendai/OZ-Academy joshi girls in this is going to blow massive chunks. The Us indie scene has been almost picked clean of the freelance top womens workers. And there are not that many good freelance lucha women either right now.

And getting any of the top joshi girls will be a nightmare. Since negotating/working with joshi politicks is like walking on a minefield.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the best women already belong somewhere. And this is no offense to the women in WWE, but a good % of them aren't even that good. They either need mic work, ring work, or both.
I still think they do have some of the best women wrestlers out there though. Just as Stop said, there ain't much left out there in women's wrestling.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the best women already belong somewhere. And this is no offense to the women in WWE, but a good % of them aren't even that good. They either need mic work, ring work, or both.
I still think they do have some of the best women wrestlers out there though. Just as Stop said, there ain't much left out there in women's wrestling.
Yup. All the really good women who aren't already in the WWE are locked up elsewhere for the most part. Majority of the girls available as of this writing are either too green, too old or needs work on something.

It will be hard pressed to get anywhere close to the quality of the CWC, which in itself was a perfect storm of quality talent being available at the same time. Next years CWC will be nowhere near as good as this one.

Neilslam

Reaction score
yup. SHIMMER alone has a loaded roster. Cheerleader Melissa, Kimber Bombs, Madison Eagles, Lufisto,
AKINO, Heidi Lovelace, Vanessa Kraven, Melanie Cruise, just to name a few. Ayako Hamada would also
kick ass as well as Hikaru Shida, Manami Toyota, Aja Kong,

Neilslam

Reaction score
I saw an article just now on 32 women who should be in the tournament. two other women I came up with are
the Crush Girls