WWE on Cartoon Network?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

-- WWE Diva Candice Michelle celebrates her 30th birthday today.
It's interesting to note that Shawn Michaels is being advertised for this week's SmackDown but isn't listed for any matches yet.

-- The head of animation for Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network division, Stuart Snyder, tells Broadcasting & Cable that a cartoon series based on WWE characters is a possibility for them down the line. "WWE has great action stars and they are really targeted to our audience," Snyder said. Snyder, who is a former WWE executive says there could be a "marriage made in heaven."

Speaking of WWE and the Cartoon Network, the channel is busy promoting "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and has chosen WWE's WrestleMania 24 airing on MyNetworkTV this Thursday night as one of their top means of marketing the series. Apparently some kind of cartoon will air during the WrestleMania broadcast on Thursday.

-- The official title for WWE's upcoming DVD on Edge is "Edge: A Decade of Decadence."

---------

:roflmao:

xtremebadass

You have to be kidding me...Hulk Hogan had his own cartoon because he was god, no they will put any WWE Superstar on TV? Hmmm, I won't watch it, but I guess it's good publicity.

I am so getting that Edge DVD. No doubt about it.

Travis40

I'm trying to decide whether to get the Edge or Eddie DVD...I heard both have great matches, but I'm leaning toward Eddie's DVD though.

Vandy316

Reaction score
^i'd go with Eddie because Edge can still have another DVD with great matches that are going to happen in the future

C4

What's wrong with you guys? The cartoon series is going to be a popular hit. Screw you guys, I'm going to love watching John Cena in 3D.

Moonlight Drive

WTF would it be about? Cartoon wrestling, or would it be like Looney Tunes?

I hope its Looney Tunes. I can imagine Great Khali chasing after Rey Mysterio then suddenly a table falling on his head.

iamironman

Reaction score
Hulk Smash Khali Lol

damnit it doesent work if it keeps editing type in all caps

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WTF would it be about? Cartoon wrestling, or would it be like Looney Tunes?

I hope its Looney Tunes. I can imagine Great Khali chasing after Rey Mysterio then suddenly a table falling on his head.
Lmao! Nono, Kane is chasing Rey Mysterio and corners him on a cliff overhang. An anvil falls, breaking the overhang off the cliff and separating Rey from Kane, but Kane's cliff falls while Rey's little platform stays floating.

Thbpt-thbpt-thbpt-thbpt-thbpt-thbpt-thbpt, meep meep!

MikeRaw

This basically sums up why I haven't watched wwe in weeks now. Yay! Appeal more to toddlers!

MJ26

Reaction score
Ha I can see this being cool, oh and i think i will get the Edge DVD as well

Vandy316

Reaction score
i was picturing it as Looney Tunes too. But they could also make it more of a serious cartoon, like have a made up up-and-comer fullfill his dream of becoming a star.

iamironman

Reaction score
nah that soundsl ike the vdieo game day of reckoning

The_Model

Reaction score
So they're basically taking what they already did (Rock N Roll Wrestling) and trying to bring it back, only with new wrestlers.

:no_1: