WWE Officials Discuss Cole's Commentary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the whole burial thing. I'm sure Cole can dislike talent but he can still throw in the odd 'you can't deny they're a great star line'. Also I agree with the Josh Matthews comments, he is probably the best fully active commentator in the WWE right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Matthews would definitely be the best commentator in WWE right now but to be honest he doesn't have much competition. Can't wait for the day where Matthews gets to call RAW each week rather than this Cole character.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's funny when people ask me who my favorite wrestlers are and when I mention Tyson Kidd they go he sucks.

He doesn't suck, he's just never used. I don't mind Cole but he needs to tone down on burying talent, probably why we hardly see McIntyre and shit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
There is a huge difference between Cole and all the other commentators you listed. None of the others would yell and scream about how bad the talent are and none became a character that was bigger than the announce table. Cole became the smug heel commentator who hated every face but he went about it in a more obnoxious manner than any heel commentator before him. Heel commentators have never buried the wrestlers as much a Cole has, Lawler when he was at his best as the heel colour commentator would dislike the faces but wouldn't bury them. Remember when Cole buried an entire division in the Divas division when he would start talking on the mic during their matches? You can't tell me that Cole doing that helped get the Divas over. WWE need to change Cole's character and tone him down a lot especially if he is meant to be a play by play announcer since all he should be doing is calling the action and pushing the storylines. Or WWE could keep the character the same but then they have to make him a manager or make him the GM, this current character doesn't work as a play by play announcer.

Burial or not, it was more entertaining than anything the Divas had done themselves in the last 10 years.

Hes just telling the truth and being brutally honest, nobody cares about womens wrestling.

I dont remember anyone having a problem with Stone Cold burying everyone while he was Invasion leader, like coming out during Lance Storm matches yelling "BORRRING", calling Taz a jobber midget and such.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I had a problem with it but I actually understand Storm's in-ring work.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It's funny when people ask me who my favorite wrestlers are and when I mention Tyson Kidd they go he sucks.

He doesn't suck, he's just never used. I don't mind Cole but he needs to tone down on burying talent, probably why we hardly see McIntyre and shit.

Sure his in ring ability is good and comes from a good background, but his charisma sucks. WWE even had to use managers to speak for him on Superstars. REALLY? That's a failure.

Sort of like Jo-Mo but worse charisma wise.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Tyson Kidd has more charisma than Jo-Mo. That manager thing didn't even pan out correctly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
If he has good charisma, why'd WWE need to keep switching managers to speak for him? He never spoke 1 word during those weeks.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That manager thing was about him trying a different manager every week. It was like he was turning them down but WWE didn't go anywhere with it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I guess, I never heard much reports about it but people have said he has terrible charisma and that was why the managers were brought in.

I'd prefer Alex Riley over Tyson Kidd to be on one of the main shows, I enjoyed watching him on Superstars last week.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They don't really try to push anything on Superstars. It's impossible to get over there. I don't think any feud or idea has really went over there well. I did like the Hawkins/Baretta feud but I'm sure that isn't remembered.