WWE Officials Considering a Babyface Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree he could do what Sin Cara can do and probably better which is what I pointed out earlier but if that is the case then what would stop him from turning out like Sin Cara has which is just another guy on the roster rather than the reason they want to turn Del Rio face which is to be a top latin guy? I just think the crowd would be unsure of how to react to him for him to all of a sudden slap a mask on and be lucha character or even if you keep him in his current character. If the crowd was already starting to give him face reactions like they did Orton I could see it but just think this screams Orton's first face turn where it happens, he becomes super generic and they realize it isn't going to work and just turn him back heel by turning him on Ricardo which I guess that could work but still.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They'd sell a ton, everyone loves getting recognition from people they know are better than them.

Like begging for retweets on twitter.

I'm more inclined to think the era of anti-heroes is making a comeback.

Be the 90s all over again.........fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Del Rio is definatly better heel and would like to keep him heel. He's just never been evil yet'

Airfixx

Reaction score
They've fucked this up already by flopping him about heel/face over the xmas period, as well as not giving us a real reason to get behind him (also see Miz & MVP for other uppercarders left in some half-assed face-turn hell.).

Also, can't believe they fucked up Ricardo's entrance for the title macth by not getting him to announce himself.... Crowd woulda been all over it and some of it may just have rubbed off on 'Berto.

Him & Miz together like they have been of late must be the most flawed and awkward face pairing in some time.

S'funny tho', how everyone used to shit on Del Rio for getting no heat (even when in truth his booking/angles weren't generating any opportunities to work up some heat), yet now everyone's saying he's too much of a heel to be a face.... :face-palm:

Hunico vs Del Rio would make for a sweet match.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's been going good so far IMO, havent seen much of any Smackdown's but he hasn't completely tanked yet like I thought he would. Having Rick Rod by his side can't hurt though, guy could save the whole thing with his slapstick.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I still do not understand why people are trying to put a bow on wrestlers and label them heels or faces.

This isn't the 80s or early 90s anymore. There are people who garner certain reactions from certain people no matter if the break rules or don't. Not to mention the fact that so-called faces are not the squeaky clean faces of yesteryear and do alot of things that would've gotten them booed in kayfabe years.

Ryback for example is a typical bully, who hasn't really beaten up people his own size, no matter how many guys are in the riung, they were tiny and beating up on Punk doesn't make him instant face either. he was still beating up some little guy.

People like Cena and Rock are assholes by nature, listen to them interact with so-called heels and you wonder who the badguy is here.

Same can go for people like Miz or Del Rio, they are not faces or heels, they are just jocks who people are starting to gravitate towards. there was a reason why the jock douchebag was popular in everyones high school. Same goes with TV, the biggest shows on TV involve main characters who are just dicks towards everyone.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Because there are some guys that are just better suited to being a face or heel. No reason why they can't attempt both in their career but for some guys it just works best having them as one rather than the other.

With Del Rio his whole gimmick points towards heel, just like JBL's did, and so that is why it has helped a lot that he has Riccardo by his side. He has done well so far though during his face turn and they have worked it quite well.