WWE NXT Talents Reportedly Told To "Lay It In" During Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
An edict issued by WWE officials may explain why there are so many minor injuries, and some significant injuries, on the WWE NXT brand.

It was noted on Wrestling Observer Live by Bryan Alvarez that NXT talents have been told to "lay it in" on each other for some time now. There's no word on when the rule was passed down, but it was noted that this was done before AEW really got off the ground and brought the competition on Wednesday nights.

It's often said by viewers that NXT matches appear to be more hard-hitting than what we see on RAW and SmackDown, and that some of the in-ring work is more aggressive. Some may chalk it up to the up & coming NXT Superstars fighting for their spots, but it sounds like there's more to it as the roster has been told to "lay it in" when they're performing in the ring.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...s-reportedly-told-to-lay-it-in-during-666424/

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How is this a bad thing?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
NXT has always had that fire at a higher level than Raw and Smackdown and when 205 Live was cooking when they had all that talent it was at the same level at times like NXT. No shock to hear that everyone is upping their Game, all eyes on them and AEW talent of course you want to bring your best to move up in the World.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How is this a bad thing?

I mean the injuries could be for one, but it's a trade-off either way bc the quality of the show is higher as well.

I think this was also obvious too bc in the live threads every week we talk about how they're killin' themselves. And I mean I'm entertained, so I hate complaining about that, but a part of me does worry about the longevity of these guys' careers at this sort of level.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wrestlin' is supposed to be dangerous. I don't want people half-assin' it just so their friend who they're feudin' with doesn't get hurt. Men should act like men and women if they wanna be treated as equal should want to throw hands like them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thought we been through this when some guy leaked the PC rules sheet back in 14?15?

I remember Lance Storm talking about it around that time, but for the life of me I can't find that tweet.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Meh. It doesn't mean much to me honestly. I think it would be speculative to say that this direction is the cause of injuries. I'd want to see some kind of data comparing NXT injury frequency to the main roster, and then to other companies as well. I feel like most of these people in NXT are pretty damn good at what they do, and working stiff or not, you're not top likely to get hurt if you're good at what you're doing in there.

Puro guys murder each other and themselves several times a week, generally, and they have just as good longevity as people in WWE's system.

Luchadores be flying all over the place, taking crazy spills for decades. Those guys are wrestling into their 50s and 60s.

The one thing about that is they have a lot of multi man tags to cut down on the ring time for those guys but most NXT wrestlers aren't wrestling every week. Some of these guys might wrestle once a month on TV. And I doubt they're going balls to the wall at every house show.

I guess at the end of the day, I'm not gonna assume that being told to "lay it in" is going to result in more injuries or notably shortened careers.