WWE Not Too High On Sheamus These Days...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sheamus, who wants to turn heel, does not appear to be a priority for the top brass of the WWE. Also, there is a contempt for him among some of his peers due to how he works inside the ring.

Credit Wade Keller, PWTorch Newsletter

Those wishing to see him fight Brock Lesnar sometime in the near future, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Many feel he'd make a better filler opponent for Lesnar than Big Show would come next month (and Sheamus has supposedly been pulling for a match with Lesnar with WWE officials since last August), but I wouldn't bet on it. Also, they'd make the perfect adversaries, seeing as how they're both stiff in the ring. Just throw 'em in there and let them stiff the fuck out of each other for twenty minutes.

At least he wants to turn heel. Kinda funny though (but also completely
unsurprising) that WWE doesn't consider one of their champions to be a top priority.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Sucks for him. He was never as bad as his haters made him out to be, and WWE really ruined a chance to do some cool shit with him. The face turn proved disastrous for him

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm confused by this, "Also, there is a contempt for him among some of his peers due to how he works inside the ring." Wtf does that mean?!?!?!

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm confused by this, "Also, there is a contempt for him among some of his peers due to how he works inside the ring." Wtf does that mean?!?!?!

He has a hard-hitting style and is said to be stiff in the ring. That's why I think he and Brock Lesnar would make the ideal opponents for one another.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is Sheamus a botcher or just stiff? I can't remember him really having anything bad happen in matches. Guys just don't want to take hard punches and kicks right?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He has a hard-hitting style and is said to be stiff in the ring. That's why I think he and Brock Lesnar would make the ideal opponents for one another.
oh I didn't know what they meant by that. Well, yeah, isn't he kinda supposed to be smash mouth in your face? Him and Lesnar would be 100 times better than him and Big Show...hell, I'd rather see a Diva fight Lesnar than Show.

So WWE is criticizing Sheamus for his stiff style?.....but their WWE World Champ is stiff and throws people on their necks when he suplexes them?.....makes total sense

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Is Sheamus a botcher or just stiff? I can't remember him really having anything bad happen in matches. Guys just don't want to take hard punches and kicks right?
that seems to be it. I've heard he was stiff...like he's too hard hitting all the time. Not fluid.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
that seems to be it. I've heard he was stiff...like he's too hard hitting all the time. Not fluid.
I would much rather watch Brock or Sheamus wrestle than the redundant ass ROH style that has taken over WWE lately.

Every show has 10 suicide dives now

Reactions: edge4ever

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sheamus isn't known for botching to my knowledge, just for being a bit rough in the ring. But brawling is his preferred style of wrestling, so it's to be expected. The same goes for a lot of other guys, including Cesaro. He's delivered some pretty stiff shots of his own at times. I even remember a thread here awhile back here where someone was hoping to see a match between Sheamus and Cesaro because they wanted to see them stiff each other back and forth for fifteen minutes (same reason some folks wanted to see Brock vs Cesaro, too.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sheamus isn't known for botching to my knowledge, just for being a bit rough in the ring. But brawling is his preferred style of wrestling, so it's to be expected. The same goes for a lot of other guys, including Cesaro. He's delivered some pretty stiff shots of his own at times. I even remember a thread here awhile back here where someone was hoping to see a match between Sheamus and Cesaro because they wanted to see them stiff each other back and forth for fifteen minutes (same reason some folks wanted to see Brock vs Cesaro, too.)
I was on the Sheamus vs Cesaro bandwagon!!!

Hurray!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would much rather watch Brock or Sheamus wrestle than the redundant ass ROH style that has taken over WWE lately.

I agree.....at this point, it makes perfect sense to have a Brock and Sheamus feud.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I like Sheamus, I just don't really like how the WWE is utilizing him.. although this Cesaro vs Sheamus showdown should be pretty good.
Personally I don't think he should be holding the US Title though.. I would give it to Sami Zayn A.S.A.P! Ginger vs Ginger, lock it up.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Even I'll agree with you to a point... as a midcarder who isn't overexposed he's been a nice change of pace. :)

And 5 of those Suicide Dives are Luke Harper, so it's fine.