WWE no longer offering Blu-Ray or DVD releases in America

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
No I meant why do you regret selling them

Because nostalgia.

ECW intro songs were a huge deal. Hearing that Natural Born Killaz loop hit as a fan got you so excited for the mayhem that was coming next, something kids who only see ECW on Peacock will never know...

I'm sure that some of the more violent moments have also been edited out too.

Sure it's nice being able to just press a few buttons on a remote and being able to watch any ECW PPV ever but having all those VHS boxes lines up on shelves was a point of pride. It was the final product of all the hard work going out and tracking them all down and buying them all.

Having to pay for a single piece of media was an adventure. You would spend hours in a store looking through all the tapes, seeing what matches were on there and deciding which to buy, then all the way home you'd be looking over the case, salivating in anticipation building up to the huge payoff when you got home and finally got to watch it.

now you just click a couple of buttons, decide you don't wanna watch it any more, and click something else.

The whole experience of buying home media is gone now and that sucks because it really was an experience that most kids today will never know.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Because nostalgia.

ECW intro songs were a huge deal. Hearing that Natural Born Killaz loop hit as a fan got you so excited for the mayhem that was coming next, something kids who only see ECW on Peacock will never know...

I'm sure that some of the more violent moments have also been edited out too.

Sure it's nice being able to just press a few buttons on a remote and being able to watch any ECW PPV ever but having all those VHS boxes lines up on shelves was a point of pride. It was the final product of all the hard work going out and tracking them all down and buying them all.

Having to pay for a single piece of media was an adventure. You would spend hours in a store looking through all the tapes, seeing what matches were on there and deciding which to buy, then all the way home you'd be looking over the case, salivating in anticipation building up to the huge payoff when you got home and finally got to watch it.

now you just click a couple of buttons, decide you don't wanna watch it any more, and click something else.

The whole experience of buying home media is gone now and that sucks because it really was an experience that most kids today will never know.

Yeah I feel that. When I was buying wwe dvds I would always feel really good afterwards knowing I had that superstars story and matches in my hands.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Just went on Ebay thinking about buying some ECW VHS tapes...

$30 a tape! My regret just got 100% worse :(

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:pour Royalties for evergone they've ever had under contract.

Just went full music industry.

Thats what this means to me, streaming platforms pay little to nothing in royalty fees, hope yall knew that.

Reactions: Chris

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Just went on Ebay thinking about buying some ECW VHS tapes. $30 a tape!

When I used to shop at Big Lots, ECW was $2.99 per tape. Brand New.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I used to have the first five wrestlemanias on VHS. Got them at a tag sale when I was like 7. That’s what got me into wrestling. So funny enough I got into wrestling with 80s wrestling instead of current :lol

Those VHS tapes were the first to go because my family got a tv that didn’t have a VCR anymore and I started collecting DVDs but goddamn I must have watched those shits 100 times.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
At one point, I had every single WrestleMania on DVD. It’s when they came out with that HUGE ass collection of them all, and even ended up over the next couple years or so after, I got more and more of them to keep it going.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
As an avid blu ray collector, that saddens me even though I only own like two or three wrestling blu rays.