WWE News: Hurricane Helms, Batista Changes His Tune On The Great Khali, Kofi-Oktoberf

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
-- As seen on last night's show, Gregory Helms made his first appearance on SmackDown since April 2007 (due to neck fusion surgery). He did indeed refer to himself as "Hurricane Helms" during his first promo (which popped up as a small circle on the screen), so it looks like that's going to be his new ring name upon his return. And no, he wasn't wearing a Hurricane mask. Still no word on when he'll be able to return to the ring, but it shouldn't be too far off.

-- Batista was interviewed by MeriNews.com during his recent trip to India to promote WWE. Batista discussed his wrestling career, working with The Great Khali, as well as his interest in possibly starring opposite Aishwarya Rai, a popular Bollywood actress. Batista has ripped Khali a few times in the past, basically saying he's not a good wrestler and that he didn't deserve to hold the World Heavyweight Championship last year. However, in his interview with the India news site, Batista changes his tune by saying that Khali is a great competitor, as well as a great friend outside WWE. Here is what was said in the article: "When asked about who is the fiercest competitor that Batista had faced, he named the great Khali as his biggest enemy in the ring. He also went on to add that though Khali was a great competitor in the ring, he was a great friend outside it. Batista admitted that he was once chopped so badly by Khali that he feared that his spine was broken into half." {Batista - the animal has a soft corner for Aishwarya}

-- Kofi Kingston is scheduled to appear at Oktoberfest tomorrow afternoon from 1 to 3 p.m. The event is located at 5th Street between Race Street and Broadway) in Downtown Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.

from lords of pain

seX-Power

^ no comment?

But it is great to see Helms back and he looked like he may be a face and hinted at a feud with Shelton Benjamin. Rofl at Batista, like hes gonna tell the hordes of Indians that Khali cant work a match.

This Guy

the only reason Batista put Khali over was because it was India. Khali is like a God to them. You can't burry Khali in India.

Acideyez

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Thisguy. And if he's currently in a feud with him, he'd probably also try to do kayfabe about it, so the angle looks good.

chessarmy

He's coming back as a babyface it seems. His gimmick is a mix of The Hurricane and Gregory Helms, it looks like it will be comical. I'm looking forward to seeing him back soon though, he's been gone forever

Travis40

I thought the name Hurricane Helms was awesome...I never liked The Hurricane or Gregory Helms. This looks like it'll be good, I can't wait for his return. I think I will start watching SD again.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I noticed he said "I'm just sayin" in his little promos the other night, so it looks like a comedic maybe sarcastic role he's going with when he returns.

C4

the only reason Batista put Khali over was because it was India. Khali is like a God to them. You can't burry Khali in India.

Exactly, that would hurt his popularity in India and Batista had to put him over. Batista should go for Indian Movies with the actress, let's see how well he can do it! :shifty:

Great to see Gregory Helms return, but sad to see him not return with the Cruiserweight Championship/ The Hurricane Mask.

Great One

This new turn for Hurricane Helms actually kinda made me interested. Fuck the CW title, just go straight for the US title, which should either be put on R-Truth or Helms himself when he returns, unless they're wanting to keep Shelton in midcard.

seX-Power

^ that would be absolutely great for both Shelton and Helms/Truth

C4

Shelton/ Helms and Truth for the US Championship at No Mercy.

Sounds great in my opinion :thumbsup: