• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JDBengal

Reaction score

Smackdown.png

Friday Night Smackdown
February 10th, 2023
Mohegan Sum Arena | Uncasville, CT

We are welcomed to Uncasville, CT. by Michael Cole and Pat McAfee as they run down what to expect tonight, including Bobby Lashley call out to Brock Lesnar; Alpha Academy’s tryouts; and the #1 Contenders Main Event between Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins. But first, we get started with the Intercontinental Championship.

Match 1: Gunther (c) vs Karrion Kross for the Intercontinental Championship

This is a brutal affair between two powerhouses. Karrion Kross is looking to etch his destiny in stone by winning the Intercontinental Championship, while Gunther attempts to become the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion of the millenia. Kross is accompanied by Scarlett, while Gunther left the rest of Imperium in the back.

The match starts off as you’d expect between these two as Gunther powerfully chops Kross’ chest. Kross responds with a punch to the head. Gunther absorbs it and hits back with another devastating chop. They repeat the cycle two more times, but Gunther’s first chop staggers Kross back towards the turnbuckle. Gunther follows, and keeps delivering devastating chops. Kross’ chest is already getting red! Gunther keeps hammering him with chops. Kross is able to slide down to avoid one, and Gunther nearly breaks his hand on the turnbuckle! Kross slides his head between Gunther’s legs and lifts him up, then dropping him with a powerbomb! He follows this up with some powerful kicks to his gut. Kross locks in a Cross Jacket, but Gunther is able to stand up. Still in the chokehold, Gunther runs backwards, knocking Kross into the turnbuckle. With the hold weakened, Gunther slings Kross forward, breaking the hold. Gunther would reach down to pick him up, but Kross knees him in the head, sending him back into a seated position in the corner. Kross gets up and sends a flurry of kicks his way. Gunther catches one of the kicks, and crawls out to the ring apron. While still holding the foot, he falls down to ringside, snapping Kross’ leg against the bottom rope.Gunther climbs up to the top rope and leaps off, crashing down on Kross’ leg. He turns Kross on his stomach, grabs his knee and slams it into the ground. Gunther’s working on that knee.

After a few holds weakening the knee, Gunther feels that he has worn down enough for a Boston Crab. Kross screams, reaching for the ropes. Scarlett jumps onto the ring apron and tries to undo one of the cushions. The ref sees this, but doesn’t fall for the bait. He stays fixated on the submission move. Scarlett runs around to the nearest rope and pushes it towards Kross, who grabs it to break the hold. Gunther keeps it on until 4, and then breaks it. With the hold broken, the ref goes to fix the turnbuckle. Scarlett stealthily hands a brass knuckles to him. Kross puts it on and throws a punch at Gunther as he goes to pick him up. But Gunther catches his arm! He takes the brass knuckles off of Kross’ hand and examines it. The ref turns around and sees Gunther holding the brass knuckles and assumes the worst. Gunther tells him he hasn’t used it, but stopped Karrion from using it. When asked, Kross falls down and acts as if he’s been hit with the knuckles. The ref ignores this, and lets the match continue. He hands the knuckles to someone at ringside. While the ref is again distracted, Scarlett PEPPER SPRAYS GUNTHER THROUGH THE ROPES. She quickly slips the spray back into her tights. When the ref turns around, Kross hits Gunther with a Kross Hammer! He goes for the pin, but GUNTHER KICKS OUT! GUNTHER IS BLIND BUT IS STILL FIGHTING. Kross grabs Gunther into a choke hold, and HE LOCKS IN THE KROSS JACKET! WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION! Gunther can’t see where the ropes are. He either has to break out of the hold or tap out! Gunther summons all of his strength and gets on all fours. He starts to crawl around but collapses. The ref goes to check to see if he’s still conscious. The ref is about to call the match, when Gunther gets up to his knees. HE GETS TO HIS FEET. Gunther feels around for Kross’ head, and RAKES HIS EYES. Kross breaks the hold but now neither man can see! Kross feels around and finds Gunther, but Gunther that means Gunther’s found him now. Gunther hits him with a devastating chop that sounds around the arena. He picks Kross up and hits him with a Last Symphony! That’ll do it! 1. 2. 3!

Winner: Gunther by pinfall

=====

“Titan” plays to a big pop as "The Almighty" Bobby Lashley comes out to the ring. He grabs a microphone and gets straight to business.

Bobby Lashley
Brock Lesnar! I’m tired of this *censored*.

Censors are already working hard tonight.

Bobby Lashley
I want you at the Elimination Chamber. One-on-One. Let’s finish this.

The crowd starts to stir as Brock Lesnar jumps out of the crowd behind Lashley. Lashley knows what’s coming, and Brock Lesnar is met with a spear so vicious that his cowboy hat flies into the stands. Bobby picks Brock up and hits him with a Dominator! He’s not done though. He gets Brock in a Hurt Lock! Brock can’t break free! He starts to faint, when Bobby breaks the hold.

Bobby Lashley
That’s just a taste of what’s to come at Elimination Chamber, bub.

Message sent, and the WWE Universe is here for it.

=====

Backstage, Cody Rhodes prepares for his match tonight.

Cody Rhodes
I was devastated when I tore my pec last year, but I still gave it my all to deal with Seth the way I’ve always dealt with people like Seth. He exploited my injury though. He may have the WWE Universe fooled, but not me. Tonight, I’m going to beat him. And then I’m going to expose him as the self-centered bastard he actually is.

=====

Toxic Attraction awaits us in the ring.

Gigi Dolin
Jacy, I think we need to introduce ourselves to this backwater known as Uncasville. Whatever the hell that even means.

Jacy Jayne
I think so. These people probably don’t even have television sets. So we’ll show them what they’ve been missing.

Gigi Dolin
My name is Gigi Dolin, and this is Jacy Jayne. We are.

Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne
Toxic Attraction!

The crowd boos, unhappy with their insults.

Jacy Jayne
Or as you will soon know us as, The Indefinite Smackdown Women’s Championship.

Gigi Dolin
We’ve dominated NXT for a year and a half, and we only felt it appropriate to leave those losers behind to come prove ourselves with the big girls on the main roster.

Jacy Jayne
I’m not going to lie, we were a bit nervous. I mean, we’ve looked up to people like Charlotte Flair, Asuka, Bayley, Natalya, and Becky Lynch. Now that we’re here, we’re not impressed by what we’ve seen.

Gigi Dolin
So we’re clearly the next natural challenger to the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

“Celtic Invasion” plays to a big ovation. Becky Lynch makes her way down to the ring. She looks at Toxic Attraction, puzzled.

Becky Lynch
I think I need to get security on the phone. They let a couple of fans in the ring. Who are you guys again?

Jacy Jayne
I said we’re Toxic Attraction!

Becky Lynch
No, no. I heard that. What I meant was *who* are you? Like what are your accomplishments or qualifications? The way I see you, you both lost to Roxanne Perez on Saturday; you both got your asses whooped by Bayley and her bozos last week. So what have you done to deserve the title that is RIGHTFULLY MINE?!

Lacey Evans comes out next to stake her claim to the championship.

Lacey Evans
You nasties think you have what it takes to represent women? Gigi and Jacy, you’re just little girls running around masquerading as women. Becky, you even call yourself a man. None of you have the right to compete for the Women’s Championship.

Bianca Belair is next.

Bianca Belair
Well Lacey’s right about one thing: none of you have the right to compete for the Championship, cause it’s mine. Alexa Bliss never pinned me cleanly, without the help of Uncle Howdy. So if anyone has a claim to the Title, it’s the person who never lost it.

The women exchange words in the ring until Alexa Bliss makes her appearance. Belt around her waist, Little Miss Bliss smiles at the top of the ramp.

Alexa Bliss
I have something to say to all of you, one way or the other, but I’ll blanket it for you guys. You’re all going to get a shot. Because I’ve gotten permission from Stephanie McMahon to defend the Smackdown Women’s Championship inside of the Elimination Chamber! We were going to hold qualifying matches, but I think I like this lineup better.

The match is set as the women stare down each other in the ring.

=====
Match 2: Edge vs Rusev

Edge begins to show his age here. Rusev abuses him during the early parts of the match, with his size just being too much for him. In the past, Edge’s speed would be able to get the best of Rusev, but he’s not what he once was. This doesn’t mean that Edge was never in the match, though. He may not be in the best physical shape of his life, but Edge is still as cunning and ruthless as always.

With Edge sat down in the corner of the ring, Rusev charged at him. Edge dodges, sending Rusev crashing into the turnbuckles. Edge quickly gets up and runs the rope, hitting a spear on Rusev, but Rusev lands too close to the ropes. Edge has to move the big brute. By the time he rolls him over and goes for a pin, Rusev kicks out at 2. Edge has momentum now. He goes to the corner and prepares for another spear, but Rusev rolls out. Edge sees his chance and runs the rope. Rusev sees and thinks Edge is going for a suicide dive, so he runs forward, towards the ring to avoid it. Edge instead baseball slides, kicking Rusev in the head.

Outside of the ring, Edge begins his rampage. He has something to prove, after losing to Finn last week on Monday Night Raw. He has to pick up this win. He throws Rusev against the barricade and against the steps. He goes to bash Rusev’s head against the ring post, but Rusev counters and sends Edge face first into the post. He picks Edge up and throws him back in the ring. As Rusev gets back in, Edge stands up. Rusev goes for a Machka Kick, but Edge dodges under it. He rebounds against the ropes and goes for a spear, but Rusev side steps it, sending Edge back into the ropes. He rebounds again and is hit by the Machka Kick! Rusev goes for the pin but gets a 2 count! Edge kicked out of the Machka Kick. Tired of Edge’s resilience. Rusev gets on Edge’s back and locks in the Accolade. Edge tries to weasel his way out of it, even freeing his arm, but Rusev is too much for him, locking the move back in. Edge gives in and taps.

Winner: Rusev by submission

=====

Backstage, Sasha Banks is approached by Kayla Braxton.

Kayla Braxton
Excuse me, Sasha. I assume you’ve heard the news about the Women’s Elimination Chamber Match. Do you have any thoughts on what it might do to your Wrestlemania decision? Have you made your decision yet?

Sasha Banks
Kayla, you know me. I’m like a snake hiding in the grass, biding my time. I want to wait out Elimination Chamber to see which Champion is worthy of being my prey. But it makes no difference. Whether it’s Charlotte, Alexa, Bianca, Liv, Becky… They will all fall to me at Wrestlemania.

=====

A video package highlights last week’s exciting Smackdown Women’s Championship match, which saw Bray Wyatt stop Uncle Howdy from hitting a Sister Abigail on Alexa Bliss. When the package finishes, Bray Wyatt is in the ring.

Bray Wyatt
Now, you have to understand that I’ve never been in this kind of a situation. You see, I’ve fought monsters before. Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Kane, Goldberg, Finn Balor. But I’ve never fought this kind of monster. This kind of nightmare. Uncle Howdy has shaken me to my very core. Not because he’s this terrifying creature. No, I handled him last week. But because he’s me. And I am terrified of me.

Bray seems very unnerved. It’s off putting.

Bray Wyatt
I’m terrified that I don’t know what he’s willing to do. He went after Alexa Bliss. He went after one of my best friends, just to get to me. I’m terrified that he’s going to push me too far. To a place that I don’t want to go back to.

Bray suddenly changes his demeanor.

Bray Wyatt
But I’ve conquered monsters before. And if I have to conquer myself, sobeit. But Howdy, you’ve got my attention. At Elimination Chamber, I want to see what you’ve got. I want a match.

A screech is heard through the arena. The lights go out, and the video screen turns completely white. A blinding white. As the light fades, we hear a distorted version of the “Firefly Funhouse Theme”. The image becomes clearer, and we can see the inside of the Firefly Funhouse. All of Bray Wyatt’s friends are there, but they’re scared. They’re terrified.

BANG. BANG. BANG.

There’s a knock at the door, followed by a sinister growl.

Uncle Howdy

Let me in.

=====

We are backstage in Stephanie McMahon’s office as Drew McIntyre and Sheamus walk in. Stephanie is on the phone.

Stephanie McMahon
Yes. That works out. Thanks. Yep, I’ll let them know. Alright, bye.

She turns around and sees them.

Stephanie McMahon
Just who I wanted to see! What do you guys want?

Drew McIntyre
We noticed that we’re not on the card for tonight.

Sheamus
We’re your Smackdown Tag Team Champions, and we want to defend our championships!

Drew McIntyre
We’re going to be fighting champions.

Stephanie McMahon
Well that’s great, because I just got off the phone with Shawn Michaels. The Usos are cashing in their rematch clause for next week.

Stephanie’s friendly demeanor sharply changes.

Stephanie McMahon
So take this week off to prepare for that, because we are keeping those titles on this brand. You hear me?

They nod, and walk out, leaving Stephanie alone in her office.

=====

Back in the ring, The Miz is scheduled to take on Shinsuke Nakamura. Before the bell could ring though, the two are jumped by Gunther and Imperium. They start to destroy their victims, but the crowd pops when Rey Mysterio runs out, causing Imperium to scatter. He checks on Shinsuke before moving on to the Miz, who scoffs at Rey and refuses his help.

Gunther, at the top of the ramp, has a microphone.

Gunther
Let this be known to the entire locker room. This is day 245 of my Intercontinental Championship reign. I do not intend for that to end. Shinsuke Nakamura, Rey Mysterio, Miz, there is no reason to compete any longer. You have no chance.

=====

Backstage, The New Day and the Street Profits are laughing it up when Kayla Braxton comes up to them.

Xavier Woods
HEY! It’s Kayla! What’s up, girl?

Kayla Braxton
Hey, guys. I just have a quick couple of questions. With news that Drew McIntyre and Sheamus are going to be fighting champions, do you guys intend on competing for the Championship?

Montez Ford
Not only do we intend on competing, we intend on winning, Kayla.

Kofi Kingston
Woah, woah. Who says that you get to compete first?

Angelo Dawkins
Uh, we do. We're gonna get that gold.

Xavier Woods
How about we settle this by looking at the draft order. Let’s see.

Xavier starts to count on his fingers.

Xavier Woods
Yeah, we were picked first!

Kofi Kingston
Boom!

Angelo Dawkins
How about we go by head-to-head record…

Montez starts counting on his fingers.

Montez Ford
Yeah! You’ve never beat us!

The two teams begin to argue, before Los Lotharios enter the frame.

Angel
How about instead of fighting amongst yourselves, you stop to think “maybe neither of us are deserving, maybe Los Lotharios deserve the match more than we do”.

The Street Profits and the New Day stop their bickering to focus on the new entity in the mix.

Xavier Woods
Or maybe, we think we need to knock the NXT rust off of us with a match. Against you.

Montez Ford
Yeah, beat the New Day and maybe then you can claim that you deserve a championship match.

Los Lotharios walk away as The New Day and Street Profits laugh, and then stare down each other.

=====

Seth Rollins sits backstage, prepping for the main event.

Seth Rollins
Cody Rhodes, I admire your commitment to your father. He changed my life, and I will always be grateful to your family for that. But I don’t appreciate you getting in my way of becoming WWE Champion again. You think you’ve seen what I’m capable of, but if you try to stand in my way, you’ll see what I’m truly capable of.

=====

After both teams are in the ring, The Street Profits come out to watch the match from commentary.
Match 3: The New Day vs Los Lotharios

The New Day fool around and end up losing steam early in the match. Angel and Humberto control the pace early on, while hammering Xavier and keeping him away from a potential tag in. The dam breaks eventually, and Kofi gets a hot tag. He clears the ring as Xavier gets a needed rest.

Things start to get chippy when Kofi hits Angel with a SOS. He goes for the pin, but Humberto breaks it up. Kofi tries to throw Humberto over the ropes, but Humberto lands on the ring apron, but is met with a TROUBLE IN PARADISE! Humberto falls to the ground as Xavier Woods climbs and hits Angel with a Elbow Drop! Kofi goes for a pin and the New Day win!

Winners: The New Day by pinfall

After the match, Los Lotharios tries to catch the New Day off guard, but the Street Profits come in and scare them out. Dawkins tries to grab Xavier, but he breaks out of it. The teams try to hit each other with multiple different moves, but dodge each one in an exciting sequence. It ends with Dawkins and Xavier squaring up, but they laugh and shake hands. For now.

=====

When we return from commercials, we are at the WWE Performance Center in Florida. Chad Gable watches on, proud of his work, as Otis passionately coaches tryouts.

Otis
Come on! I can do a better Canadian Destroyer than that!

Chad Gable
So, Otis. See any standouts? Anyone who screams “Alpha Academy”?

Otis
None of these pipsqueaks scream “Alpha Academy” boss. It’s embarrassing.

Chad Gable turns around and looks in a different ring.

Chad Gable
What about this guy? Hey you! Come here!

Otis is shocked when the competitor is revealed to be Tucker.

Otis
TUCKY! It’s good to see you!

The former members of Heavy Machinery hug, and the embrace gets a massive ovation from the Connecticut crowd.

Tucker
It’s good to see you too, Otis. I’m glad you still got it.

Chad Gable
You look incredible Tucker. Where have you been? What have you been doing?

Tucker
I’ve been training with someone. Someone good. I think you might know him.

JASON JORDAN walks onto the screen.

Jason Jordan
Hey, bud.

Now it’s American Alpha’s turn to embrace, to an even bigger pop.

Chad Gable
Jason! I thought you retired.

Jason Jordan
I did, but that doesn’t mean I can’t coach. I saw what you were doing and thought that I’d be pretty good at it too. Well, what do you think? Do you think Tucker is Alpha Academy material.

Chad Gable
No, unfortunately I don’t… I think he’s American Alpha Material. If you’re willing to join the team that is.

Jason smiles.

Chad Gable
Welcome back, bud.

=====

Back in the arena, Katana Chance and Kayden Carter, now going by KC Squared, make their way to the ring. A video package shows Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai interfering in their match at NXT Vengeance Day, costing them their NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship. They watch on the video screen from the ring.

Katana Chance
You know what, Uncasville? That disgusts me. Two women so insecure about their own titles, that they have to come and cost us ours? That doesn’t sit right with me.

Kayden Carter
You’re right. It’s wrong, and embarrassing. They are supposed to be ambassadors to this company, and that’s how they act. If they hadn’t gotten suspended this week, we would show them exactly what we thought of them. Instead, we’re asking Stephanie McMahon to give us a chance. They took our titles, we want to take theirs.

Katana Chance
We want a match against them next week!

Bayley and Cora Jade walk out of the tunnel.

Bayley
Girls, girls. It’s okay. You simply misunderstand what Dakota and Iyo’s purpose was there. They don’t care about your Championships. Well, your former Championships. They were only there for you. You see, we don’t think you deserve to be here. At all. I’m pretty sure the entire WWE Universe doesn’t think you belong here.

Bayley asks the crowd, who rains down on her with boos.

Bayley
Ah, shut up. Who asked you anyway? Back to what I was saying. You don’t belong on Smackdown, so they just visited you back at NXT and tried to send you a message that I guess you’re too dumb to understand. Go back to NXT and stay there.

Kayden Carter
Listen here. You might have been a big deal back then, but now you’re nothing but a small child hiding behind more talented women. You couldn’t do anything on your own, so you had to go get Dakota and Iyo. They weren’t getting it done, so you brought in reinforcements. It’s a joke. You’re a joke.

Kayden and Katana are clearly baiting Bayley at this point.

Katana Chance
Yeah, if anyone doesn’t belong here, it’s you!

Bayley
Shut up! Shut up! You know what, you want to prove yourselves so badly. Do it next week. Beat us, and Dakota and Iyo will give you a match at Elimination Chamber!

Kayden Carter
You got it! But we’re not going to wait until next week to show you that we belong on Smackdown.

Kayden and Katana exit the ring and storm up the ramp, ready for a fight. Stephanie McMahon rushes out of the tunnel and in between them.

Stephanie McMahon
Ladies, Ladies! This is not how we do it on Smackdown. Bayley has given you her terms and you’ve accepted them, so save it for next week. You have your match!

The crowd cheers, ready for KC Squared’s first actual match on the main roster.

=====

A video begins to play, opening with a blue screen that reads “This preview is approved for only the most fashionable eyes out there”. We see an establishing shot of a city, sirens sound off. There’s a car chase. A voice sounds off saying “Nothing else is working! We’ve got to call them in”. “It’s too dangerous! They’re loose cannons!”, a voice replies.. A person wearing boots, with long strips of leather coming out of the top, steps out of a police car. Another person steps out of a police car, wearing long tights that loosen around his feet. The voice says, “They’re all we got” and a title card flashes.

Fashion Police 2: Very Fatal Attraction. February 24th, 2023. The crowd erupts with the return of a fan favorite gimmick. Another card flashes that says, “Written, directed, and produced by Breezango. Starring Breezango as well. Costumes definitely done by Breezango. All stunts done by stunt actors. We don’t do our own stunt.”

=====

Pat McAfee
Does that mean we should expect to see Breezango return on February 24th, Cole?

Michael Cole
I don’t know what we should expect then, but I can tell you to expect a Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match between Drew McIntyre and Sheamus, versus the Usos, next week on Smackdown.

Pat McAfee
Not only that, but we also have Bayley and Cora Jade against KC Squared. If KC Squared wins, they will take on Damage CTRL at Elimination Chamber.

Michael Cole
But before we get to next week, we’ve still got a main event here. Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins is next!

=====

Main Event: Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins

Seth and Cody take in the excitement among the crowd as they circle around each other. They begin exchanging grapples and holds. Cody pushes Rollins into the ropes, and jumps over Seth on the rebound. Seth catches himself as Cody jumps off of his feet for a drop kick. As Cody gets up, Seth sees an opportunity and goes for a quick Curb Stomp! Cody avoids it, gets up and kicks Seth to the groin. He grabs him in position for a Cross Rhodes but Seth gets out of it, and the two stare at each other smiling. The crowd is eating it up.

The match would only get more exciting from there. Seth sees an opportunity to take a breather and he rolls out of the ring. He starts to pace around, and doesn’t see that Cody has leapt over the top rope. Tope Suicida! He quickly gets up and screams as the crowd cheers him on! With Seth laying at ringside, Cody looks up at the turnbuckle. He climbs to the top and looks around, feeling the crowd’s excitement. He turns around, he’s going to go for a moonsault! But Seth was playing opossum. He quickly gets up, grabs Cody’s foot and sends Cody crashing down into the turnbuckle. He slowly falls down into the ring and sits against the turnbuckle, trying to find the breath that was knocked out of him. Seth lines himself in the opposite corner, and runs at Cody, hitting him with a drop kick to the chest. No, to the torn pec! Cody grasps it. Seth starts to take aim at the torn pec, but then realizes what could happen and decides to target elsewhere. He gets Cody up and lifts him in the air for a Falcon’s Arrow, but Cody squirms out and grabs Seth for a Cross Rhodes! HE HITS THE CROSS RHODES! As Seth’s head hits the mat, Roman Reigns’ music hits and the Head of the Table marches out. Roman Reigns is on Friday Night Smackdown! Cody stares at him before realizing that his moment has passed. He tries to pin Seth, but Seth kicks out at 2. But Cody now has control.

The referee keeps a close eye on Roman, telling him that we don’t use his antics on Smackdown. Roman claims he’s just there to watch. In the ring, Cody and Seth are trading moves. Cody goes for a Cody Cutter, but Seth escapes and tries to hit Cody with a DDT. Cody gets out of that one too. Then Cody raises his leg for a superkick, but so does Seth! They both hit superkicks at the same time! A “Fight Forever” chant breaks out as Roman Reigns sarcastically claps at ringside. Cody gets to his feet first, and climbs to the top rope for another attempt at a moonsault. But Seth again gets up too quickly! He climbs up to the rope and tries for a superplex, but Cody hangs on. Seth gets tired of being fancy, and instead PUSHES CODY OFF! Cody hits the barrier at ringside. Seth climbs down and gets Cody up. He tosses him in the ring. Seth has a momentary staredown with Roman, and climbs back in the ring. But Cody is springboarding off the middle rope and connects with a Cody cutter! 1. 2. No! Seth kicks out. Third time must be the charm. Cody climbs up the ropes for a moonsault, and it connects! But he rolls over on Rollins, who rolls him up! 1. 2. No! Cody kicks out of the roll-up. But he is met by a CURB STOMP as he tries to get up! Seth gets the pin. 1. 2. 3!

Seth will move on to face Roman Reigns at Elimination Chamber!

Winner: Seth Rollins by pinfall

As Seth comes up from the pin, he’s hit with a Superman punch from Roman, followed by a vicious spear! He starts to beat down Seth, but Cody is up now and hits him with a Cross Rhodes! Roman rolls out of the ring and onto his feet at ringside, he slowly walks backwards up the ramp while Cody yells at him from the ring,

Cody helps Seth to his feet, and the two shake hands as the show goes off air.

=====

Elimination Chamber.png

Current Elimination Chamber Card:

WWE Universal Championship Elimination Chamber Match:
Roman Reigns (c) vs Johnny Gargano vs AJ Styles vs Finn Balor vs ??? vs ???

WWE Heavyweight Championship Match
Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins

Smackdown Women's Championship Elimination Chamber Match:
Alexa Bliss (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair vs Gigi Dolin vs Jacy Jayne vs Lacey Evans

Raw Women's Championship Match
Charlotte Flair (c) vs Liv Morgan

Raw Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs Legado Del Fantasma

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Mustang

JDBengal

Reaction score
Bookers Note: I’m changing up the formulas for my shows. I’m not going to put as much detail into most of the matches and a lot of the smaller backstage segments so that you guys don’t have to read every single line that’s spoken. I'll still do all of the in-ring promos and the important storylines. The matches will also be mostly quick summaries outside of some of the bigger matches. But I will always include the major moments of the match. This is because I feel like I’m blowing my load on a lot of things on TV and not having anything left for PPV matches. Let me know how you feel about these changes!

=====

Raw.png

Monday Night Raw
February 13th, 2023
Barclays Center | Brooklyn, New York

Mauro Ranallo welcomes us to Monday Night Raw from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York! “Head of the Table” plays, and Roman Reigns will open the show. Paul Heyman, the Usos, Solo Sikoa, and Sami Zayn are behind him, showing solidarity for the first time in weeks.

Roman stands in the ring, microphone in hand, as he absorbs the boos and jeers from the crowd. Paul Heyman steps from the corner.

Paul Heyman
Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman! And I serve as the Special Counsel and the Wise Man to YOUR Tribal Chief; the Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Universal Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns! Tonight, the Tribal Chief has something he wants to say.

Roman Reigns
This is not something that I usually do, and it’s not something that I particularly like doing. But this is something I need to do. After sitting down with the Wise Man and the rest of the Bloodline. I need to apologize to you, Sami Zayn.

Sami stands in the corner of the ring, surprised.

Roman Reigns
For the past few months, you’ve been as much of a family to me as my actual blood has been. Jey helped me to see that. You’ve come in clutch in multiple situations, the Wise Man has helped me see that. My vision has been clouded by judgements I made about you years ago, and I apologize.

Sami thanks Roman, putting his hand together and bowing to him.

Roman Reigns
I understand that I sent you to do some business with Shawn Michaels last week, correct?

Sami nods his head.

Roman Reigns
And that business was?

Sami Zayn
I got him to schedule a match with me against Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber, which he accepted. I renounced my WrestleMania match to him, which he accepted. And I apologized to him on behalf of the entire Bloodline.

Roman Reigns
Which he accepted?

Sami hesitates to answer. Roman begins to walk towards Sami, his anger getting the better of him. “Sexy Boy” hits, saving Sami from Roman’s wrath.

The Heartbreak Kid walks down the ramp with microphone in hand.

Shawn Michaels
Don’t be upset at the kid, Roman. He did exactly what you said. I just didn’t feel like it was enough coming from him.

Shawn gets in the ring. Roman orders the Bloodline to create a circle around him.

Shawn Michaels
Listen, son. I’ve gone face-to-face with the Undertaker. You don’t scare me.

Roman Reigns
I ended the Undertaker.

Shawn Michaels
Fair enough. I’ve not come out here to fight or measure our heehaws. I came out here for you to apologize to me. Your weekend may depend on whether or not you do so.

Roman Reigns
*I* should apologize? I was wrong to even send Sami. You’re making me defend my titles twice on the same night. I’m not going to apologize for injustice. I’m going to unleash my justice onto you.

Sami Zayn butts in.

Sami Zayn
Hold on. Hold on. Let’s let cooler temperaments prevail here. Roman, I didn’t tell you this, but Shawn said that if you didn’t apologize, that your match with Seth Rollins would have…

Sami shudders thinking about what Roman might do to the messenger. Shawn cuts in.

Shawn Michaels
If you don’t apologize, I’m going to be your special guest referee!

Solo starts to move closer to Shawn.

Shawn Michaels
Woahhhh there, big guy. If I don’t make it to Elimination Chamber, then your match will be forfeited, and Seth Rollins would become WWE Champion!

Roman Reigns is livid, steaming even.

Roman Reigns
You will make it to Elimination Chamber, but that doesn’t mean I can’t do some damage tonight.

“Rebel Heart” plays and Johnny Gargano storms out of the tunnel. He gets in front of Shawn and RIGHT IN ROMAN’S FACE. The balls on Gargano! Johnny is about to get jumped when AJ Styles and the OC come out of the tunnel.

AJ Styles
Now, Johnny. You’ve got to share the fun a little. Me and my boys here are really looking forward to getting our shots in before I take the Universal Championship off of Roman this weekend.

The ring now consists of the Bloodline, The OC, Johnny Gargano, and Shawn Michaels. Paul Heyman has slithered out of the ring to avoid any contact.

Roman Reigns
AJ? AJ Styles? Man, I thought you retired months ago. You’re still here?

AJ Styles
Laugh it up, big dog. We’ll see who’s laughing come Saturday Night.

The ring is about to fill out some more as The Judgment Day come out.

Finn Balor
Oh please, AJ. Give it a rest. You don’t even deserve a spot in the match this weekend. You knew you couldn’t pin me last week, so you had to make it a draw.

Luke Gallows
You’re really going to come out here after what you did to us last week? After you cost us in the Tag Team Gauntlet? I’m gonna break that pretty face of yours.

Tensions are at an all time high in the packed ring right now.

Shawn Michaels
Hold on! How about we get a preview of the Elimination Chamber Match this weekend and have ourselves a tag team match right now. Finn Balor and Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles and Johnny Gargano! Let’s do this!

=====
Match 1: Finn Balor and Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles and Johnny Gargano

The OC, Bloodline, and Judgment Day are all at ringside, but surprisingly stay out of the way of the contest. AJ and Gargano make a surprisingly good team, while Finn and Roman keep showboating and getting in each other’s way.

The match really builds up to AJ and Finn one-on-one. Another “fight forever” chant lets loose, following their bout last week. AJ stretches out his hands for a lock-up, but Finn turns around and slaps Roman on the chest for the tag. Roman gets in Finn’s face, upset about the tag, when AJ rolls him up. With AJ’s back facing the corner turnbuckle, Finn climbs to the top and hits AJ with a Coup de Grace to break up the pin! Finn rolls through the impact and hits Gargano, who has reentered the ring to break up a follow up pin, with a slingblade! Roman crawls over to AJ, also feeling the effect of the Coup de Grace, and places his arm on AJ. 1. 2. 3.

Winners: Finn Balor and Roman Reigns by pinfall

After the match, Finn Balor realizes he is standing tall. Judgment Day climb in the ring with him to show the other factions that they are the dominant one in WWE.

=====

Santos Escobar is in the locker room with Cruz del Toro and Joaquin Wilde. They’re strategizing ahead of their championship match against The Usos at Elimination Chamber. Santos hypes them up, saying that they’ve waited their whole careers for a moment like this. The Bloodline are fracturing before their eyes and are on the verge of breaking. They’re going to be the final crack that breaks the dam.

=====

Braun Strowman waits in the ring as MVP and Omos come out from the tunnel. MVP says that he’s supposed to wrestling for a spot in the Elimination Chamber, but that he thinks it’s his boy’s time to shine and subs in Omos.
Match 2: Omos vs Braun Strowman (Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match)

A fight between two absolute monsters. It’s slow and painful, as you’d imagine. Braun Strowman spends the whole match fighting both Omos and interference from MVP. The CEO of the Hurt Business gets involved when he grabs a referee as Braun goes for a pin attempt. Braun walks over to MVP, who releases the ref. Omos runs from behind Braun, looking to take him out, but Braun slides out of the way, sending Omos crashing into MVP. While distracted, Braun uses his inhuman strength to PICK UP OMOS. He slams him to the ground and picks up the victory!

Winner: Braun Strowman by pinfall

=====

Backstage, JBL and Baron Corbin talk about the loss last week. JBL tells him that they can bounce back. He’s lost matches before and always bounced back. Baron Corbin gets a text message. After reading it, he fires JBL. “Sorry, I found a new partner”.

=====

“Liv Gone Mad” plays and the #1 Contender to the Raw Women’s Championship walks down the ramp, high fiving fans on her way. She’s got a massive smile on her face. She grabs a microphone and addresses the NYC crowd.

Liv Morgan
How are we doing tonight?!

She keeps on hyping the crowd.

Liv Morgan
As much as I’d love to just stand here and do this with you all, I came out here for a reason. Over the past week, some people have been in the locker room, you can probably guess who, talking crap about me and how I don’t deserve a Championship Match. I’m here tonight to let them and everyone else know just how deserving I am! Wanna hear some facts? I entered first in the Royal Rumble this year. I was eliminated last. I lasted 52 freaking minutes, twice as long as some people, yet I can’t get the respect I deserve. I won the Smackdown Women’s Championship just last year, but was told it was a fluke. At Elimination Chamber this weekend, I am going…

She keeps talking, but is interrupted by Damage CTRL.

Bayley
You can use these “facts” all you want, but that doesn’t take away from the *fact* that you’re not as deserving as me! Just because one self-titled brat says that you can compete for the Championship, doesn’t mean you should?

Bayley looks around at the crowd, talking over her boos.

Bayley
That’s not how democracy works! I thought this was America! How about this, let me ask the WWE Universe. Do you think Liv deserves a Championship match?

The crowd overwhelms Bayley with a yes!

Bayley
That’s why your opinions do not matter! You aren’t in this locker room every day, so you wouldn’t know. Let’s take a vote of actual WWE Superstars.

Bayley individually asks each of Damage CTRL who should fight Charlotte at Elimination Chamber, each responding with Bayley. The crowd begins to cheer louder as she runs down the list.

Bayley
See! You guys are beginning to see the results of a free election!

But they’re not cheering for her. Charlotte Flair is now standing behind Damage CTRL!

Charlotte Flair
You didn’t ask for my vote Bayley.

Charlotte’s presence surprises Damage CTRL, who flee to the ring, only to meet a very angry Liv Morgan.

Bayley
Wait, wait! I think you guys need a warm up before this weekend. How about a match.

Liv Morgan
Oh I’ve been dying to fight you.

Bayley
Well it can’t be me. Cora and I have a match on Friday so we’ve got to be 100% for that! Iyo and Dakota will fight you!

Dakota is a bit taken aback, but Iyo doesn’t shy away from a fight. Charlotte and Liv agree and the match begins.

=====
Match 3: Charlotte Flair and Liv Morgan vs Damage CTRL (Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai)

Unlike Finn and Roman earlier in the night, Charlotte and Liv are much more of a complete unit, despite their upcoming match. The two clearly respect one another, and want to hold off on any hostilities until Saturday. Commentary makes a note, however, that it seems that they’re not going as quickly. Perhaps trying not to show all of their cards. Damage CTRL has a lot of control because of this.

It only takes one slip up when you’re dealing with the Queen, though. Charlotte takes advantage of a miscommunication between the Tag Team Champions and locks in the Figure Eight on Dakota Kai. With Dakota Kai about to tap, Bayley and Cora rush the ring and attack Charlotte. Liv comes in but is taken down by Iyo. The bell rings, and Charlotte and Liv win by disqualification.

Winners: Charlotte and Liv by DQ

After the match is ruled a DQ, the four women from Damage CTRL beatdown on the Champion and her challenger. They scatter when KC Squared come out to clear the ring. Katana checks on the women while Kayden barks at the fleeing women from the ring.

=====

We get a backstage segment from Carmella, hyping up her return from injury. She promises that she’s going to be the first ever Women’s Intercontinental Champion, and you can bet on that because “Mella is Money”.

=====

Back at ringside, Austin Theory is introduced. Bron Breakker waits for him in the ring. If Bron Breakker wins, he will get a United States Championship match sometime in the future.
Match 4: Bron Breakker vs Austin Theory

Austin Theory tries every possibly slimy way to win this match. From holding the tights on a roll up, to using his feet on the ropes during a pin, and even hitting a low blow at one point. But Bron Breakker is able to kick out everything he has. Breakker has Theory ready for a powerslam, when Baron Corbin’s music hits. Bron Breakker drops Theory to ready himself for an attack from Baron. Baron slides in the ring, and ducks a clothesline from Bron. He rebounds off the ropes and hits a clothesline to… Theory?! Baron Corbin has just attacked Austin Theory? The ref calls for the bell and Theory is declared the winner of the match.

Winner: Austin Theory by DQ

Bron Breakker is beside himself, also not able to comprehend what’s going on. Baron Corbin quickly runs from the ring and up the ramp, followed by Austin Theory. The two shake hands! Austin Theory and Baron Corbin have formed an alliance!

Bron Breakker’s US Title Match will have to wait a bit longer.

=====

We are welcomed back from a commercial break by “Fight” and Kevin Owens.

Kevin Owens
I want to give a little history about me and my friend Sami Zayn. Twenty years ago, we started wrestling in bingo halls around Canada. No matter how hard one of us tries to get away from the other, we end up together. Ring of Honor, NXT, WWE, it doesn’t matter. We’ve had battles and wars together. We’ve fought battles and wars against each other. We hate each other, but deep down we love each other too. Sami’s my brother. More so than Roman Reigns and his crew of brainwashed henchmen.

Kevin turns towards the ramp and starts talking directly to Sami.

Kevin Owens
Sami, I know you want to try to get rid of me once and for all. But it’s destiny. I’m just going to keep coming back. So why don’t we just skip to the end? At Elimination Chamber, in our hometown of Montreal, I’m going to prove to you that you are nothing to Roman Reigns. When you’re laying on the floor of this ring, bloodied and lifeless, you’re going to wonder where your Tribal Chief is. But he ain’t gonna be there. He’s going to be backstage, looking after his own sorry ass.

Suddenly, the Usos slide in from the announce table area and start beating down Kevin Owens. Sami Zayn is with him. He calls off the Usos.

Sami Zayn
That’s enough. We don’t want to hurt him. That’s for Saturday. We just wanted to let you know what me and *my brothers* are capable of.

=====

We get a backstage segment for Ember Moon, discussing how she’s been overshadowed by Asuka her whole career. She respects Asuka, but the disrespect for Ember Moon ends now.

=====

Bron Breakker walks into Shawn Michaels, demanding a rematch against Austin Theory. Michaels says he knows how guys like Theory operate. He used to be like him. He tells Bron to be patient, keep being himself, and his opportunity will come.

=====

LA Knight, on his way down the ramp, cuts a scathing promo, insulting New York City, Ricochet, and the entire WWE locker room. He calls out Ricochet’s ability to make the crowd fall in love with him with his flips and tricks, but “doesn’t seem to have the ability to win”. Ricochet comes out flying and attacks LA Knight as he’s getting in the ring.
Match 5: LA Knight vs Ricochet (Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match)

This match would prove LA Knight mostly right. Ricochet puts on a show with multiple high flying maneuvers. This controls most of the match, but LA Knight is able to get one counter, and straps Ricochet to his back for a Gravy Train. That’s it for Ricochet.

Winner: LA Knight by pinfall

=====

Asuka gets the final backstage segment of the night. Instead of cutting a promo, Asuka just laughs.

=====

Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves run down what’s to come this weekend at Elimination Chamber from Monday Night Raw, including the confirmed six participants in the WWE Universal Championship Elimination Chamber match; Charlotte Flair vs Liv Morgan; Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens; and The Usos vs Legado del Fantasma. But first, we have to crown a Women’s Intercontinental Champion.

=====
Main Event: Carmella vs Ember Moon vs Asuka for the Women’s Intercontinental Championship

The three women clash as soon as the bell rings, each fighting to make WWE History as the first ever Women’s Intercontinental Champion. The fight quickly spills out of the ring. Carmella realizes that Ember and Asuka are going at each other, so she stays back a bit out of the way. During their brawl, both women realize what Carmella is doing, so they team up on her. Asuka ends up throwing her over the announce table, spilling into the announce team. “This is the best day of my life!”, announces Corey Graves.

With Carmella incapacitated at ringside, Asuka and Ember eventually make their way back to the ring. The two ladies show their wrestling prowess, as they trade moves back and forth. The momentum swings into Asuka’s favor when she knocks Ember Moon out with a strong kick to the face. She gets Ember in for an Asuka Lock, but Ember is able to get to the ropes to break it. Ember retreats to the ropes, and begins to sit up. Asuka runs from the opposite corner and slams her butt into Ember’s face. But Ember dodged it at the last second! Asuka went flying into the turnbuckle. Ember then hits her in the groin, grabs Asuka’s head in her left hand, and her arm in her right hand, and suplexes her! Ember goes up to the top rope and CONNECTS WITH AN ECLIPSE. Before she can get the cover, though, Carmella runs back in the ring, tosses Ember out, and climbs on top of Asuka. She even uses her feet on the rope for leverage! It’s still not enough as Ember Moon recovers quickly and grabs her feet, breaking the pin. As Ember tries to pull Carmella through the ropes, Asuka locks in the Asuka Lock! Carmella is being held through the ropes in the submission maneuver, her legs hanging out of the ring. Ember climbs up to the ring apron and springboards over the ropes, onto Asuka to break the submission. Carmella rolls out of the ring again.

Ember feels the momentum in her favor and tries to climb up to the rope for an Eclipse, but Asuka catches her with a Spin Kick while she’s on the rope. Asuka tries to catch her to ensure that she falls inside the ring, but she collapses to ringside! Just out of Asuka’s hands. While she looks at Ember’s corpse at ringside, Carmella’s back in the ring and hits Asuka with a Mella Buster! 1. 2. No! Asuka kicks out! Carmella can’t believe it! She was so close to making history! She gets Asuka in a Code of Silence! Asuka’s going to tap! But Ember is on the top rope now. Carmella has her neck sticking out perfectly, and it hits the ground due to an ECLIPSE! Ember goes for the pin: 1. 2. 3! No, Asuka broke the pin just in time! Ember gets up and helps Asuka to her feet, she tries to grapple her but Asuka counters and tosses her over the ropes. Ember catches herself, but is met with a butt to the groin, sending Ember to ringside. CARMELLA ROLLS ASUKA UP. 1. 2… No! Asuka kicks out, and immediately hits Carmella with a spin kick! She locks in the Asuka Lock! Carmella is holding on. Ember is back on her feet at ringside! She slides in, but Carmella taps before she can break the pin!w

Winner: Asuka by submission

While Asuka is celebrating, Ember Moon is staring her down from the corner. Ember stands up and goes to congratulate Asuka, but then points to the championship. “I’m not done coming for that. And for you.”

Asuka leaves the ring and walks up to the stage, her eyes never leaving Ember’s. Asuka raises the championship up as the show goes to black.

=====

Elimination Chamber.png

Roman Reigns (c) vs Johnny Gargano vs AJ Styles vs Finn Balor vs LA Knight vs Braun Strowman

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

Alexa Bliss (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair vs Gigi Dolin vs Jacy Jayne vs Lacey Evans

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

JDBengal

Reaction score

Smackdown.png

Friday Night Smackdown
February 17th, 2023
Bell Centre | Montreal, Quebec

The show starts off with a video package highlighting last week’s #1 Contenders Match. Michael Cole then shares that tonight, we will have a Contract Signing, making Seth Rollins’ and Roman Reigns’ WWE Championship match at Elimination Chamber official! But before we get to that, The Uso’s will be challenging for their recently lost Smackdown Tag Team Championships.
Match 1: Drew McIntyre and Sheamus (c) vs The Usos for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships

The Usos come out without the rest of the Bloodline in tow. They showboat their Raw Tag Team Championships, hoping to reunite them with their Smackdown brethren. Drew and Sheamus come out, The Bangers, as they’ve decided to be called. Sheamus and Jey start off the match, and Sheamus goes to work, immediately knocking Jey off of his feet with a clothesline.

Sheamus controls the match for a couple of minutes, before the tides turn for the Bangers. Jey ends up on the ring apron and Sheamus grabs him for a Beat of the Bodhran, but Jey is able to reach up to grab his head, and falls off of the ring apron, sending Sheamus’ neck into the ropes. Sheamus falls back, while Jey immediately slides back in the ring. Sheamus gets to his knees but is hit by a superkick! Jey tags Jimmy in, who goes up to the rope and hits a splash! 1. 2. Drew breaks up the pin. The Bangers hang on to their tag team titles for just a bit longer.

The complexion of the match has changed now. The Usos gain the upper hand, just punishing Sheamus with a series of holds and double team moves. They are doing everything they can to prevent Sheamus from tagging in Drew. This strategy would fail, however. As Sheamus crawls, Jimmy grabs his foot to pull him back. Sheamus is able to turn this into a roll-up, and Jey enters the ring to try to break up any pin. Instead of holding the pin, Sheamus bursts out and gets the hot tag to Drew. Drew comes in and clears the ring, hitting Jimmy with a big boot and Jey with a spinebuster. Jey doesn’t stay down long though, as Drew gets up and is hit by a superkick. Drew falls backwards onto Jimmy, who is legal. The ref starts to count when Jey has to break up the pin. Almost cost them there.

After a couple of minutes of back and forth action, Drew and Jey Uso end up as the legal men, outside of the ring. Jimmy tries to get in on the action and goes for a superkick on Drew, who ducks. THE KICK CONNECTS WITH JEY USO. Jimmy can’t believe he just kicked his own brother. He doesn’t have time to think before Sheamus nails him with a Brogue Kick at ringside! Drew slides Jey back in the ring, waits for him to get up, and hits him with a Claymore!
1. 2. 3!

Winners and still Smackdown Tag Team Champions: Drew McIntyre and Sheamus

The Bangers retain their tag team championships! The Usos regroup in the ring. Jimmy apologizes to Jey, who accepts it. “It’s alright, Uce. It’s alright.”

=====

“Kingdom” plays as Cody Rhodes is welcomed to Montreal to a big ovation. He makes his way down to the ring, soaking in the cheers.

Cody Rhodes
I appreciate it, guys. I really do. But let me tell you, I sure don’t feel like I deserve it. Last week, I got too sure of myself. Seth and I had a history. I beat him at Wrestlemania, I beat him at Backlash, I beat him at Hell in a Cell. Last week, the only time it mattered, I came up short. Now I’m not going to lie, I was in a dark place for a few days. I expected to come out here tonight and be the old Cody Rhodes. The self-centered egomaniac that I used to be. The self-centered egomaniac that Seth Rollins *used* to be.

Cody takes a deep breath, reflecting on his past self.

Cody Rhodes
But as I walked down that ramp. I heard “Hard times breed better men”. That line in my song is a reference to, I’m sure you can guess it, by father’s “Hard Times” promo.

A “Dusty” chant breaks out, Cody waits for it to die out.

Cody Rhodes
So I decided, as I stepped in this ring, that I’m not going to be what I used to be. I’m going to be the man that my father made me. So I’m here tonight to tell Seth Rollins… That he earned my respect last week. That’s what my father would want me to do. So Seth, I want you to go out there tomorrow night, and give Roman Reigns hell like he’s never seen before.

Cody takes a beat, his demeanor changes.

Cody Rhodes
But I want you to know that I’m still coming after the WWE Championship. I’m still coming after my “American Dream”. And whether it’s you or Roman Reigns, be warned. Because beating me last week unleashed something. It made me *desperate*. And nothing can stop a desperate Rhodes.

=====

Back from commercial break, Ezekiel stands in the ring, mic in hand. He introduces himself to the Smackdown audience, who may not be familiar with him after his time on Raw, as “Ezekiel, Elias’ younger brother”. He regrets to inform the audience that Elias was injured during the Royal Rumble. They were slated to be a tag team, but now plans have changed. Ezekiel is going to stake his claim in the singles division by defeating whoever his next opponent is. “Now let’s see who’s ready to Speak With Zeke!”

Ezekiel’s joy turns to terror as “Titan” sounds from the speakers, signifying that his opponent will be Bobby Lashley.
Match 2: Bobby Lashley vs Ezekiel

Ezekiel’s time as a singles competitor does not get off to a hot start, as Lashley handles him with ease. Bobby makes Elias’ younger brother tap to a Dominator.

Winner: Bobby Lashley

With Ezekiel dispatched, Bobby Lashley grabs a microphone to call out Brock Lesnar.

Bobby Lashley
Hey Brock! I sent a challenge your way last week and I’m waiting to hear back from you. I know you’re here, so come out here and let me get my shots in.

Lashley is answered from the video screen. Brock Lesnar, donning his signature cowboy hat, is seen soaking in an ice bath.

Brock Lesnar
Gee, I sure am sorry Bobby. I’m not in Montreal yet. I forgot that you’re required to be at Smackdown every week, but I negotiated my contract so that I can show up whenever I feel like it. And quite frankly, I didn’t feel like coming in and whooping your ass again. But rest assured, I’ll be waiting for you tomorrow night.

The call ends and Bobby smiles, psyched up for his chance at Brock Lesnar. Cole takes over from commentary, confirming that Brock Lesar vs Bobby Lashley will take place tomorrow night at Elimination Chamber. Pat McAfee then leads us into our next segment: Sasha Banks will be interviewing the Women’s Elimination Chamber competitors throughout the night, and it begins next.

=====

First up in Sasha Bank’s interviews is Smackdown Women’s Champion, Alexa Bliss. Bianca asks her how it feels to be Women’s Champion; how it feels knowing that she’s going to lose it to her at Wrestlemania, or Elimination Chamber; and asks her who the hell is Uncle Howdy. Throughout the interview, we see shots of black fireflies, a burning Firefly Funhouse, and shots of Alexa during her creepy phase. Alexa declares that she is Women’s Champion because she earned it, and she’ll continue to earn it at Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania. Uncle Howdy’s creepy laugh can be heard, and Sasha ends the interview.

=====

Backstage, Kayla Braxton is interviewing new Women’s United States Champion, Candice LeRae. Kayla congratulates her on her win two weeks ago, earning her a week off last week. Candice says that now that she’s back, she’s looking for a challenger. As the words leave her mouth, Alba Fyre appears, saying that she’ll be happy to take the belt off of Candice, if she’s up to the fight.

=====

The Usos are recovering backstage, alongside Paul Heyman. The Usos press Heyman about why Roman wasn’t out there to help them tonight. “As many times as we’ve put ourselves on the line for him, the least he can do is do it for us,”. Heyman advises them to change their way of thinking. He says that Roman told Solo and Sami not to come tonight, because he needs to do the contract signing alone. He also asked Heyman to tell the Usos to leave as well. Heyman says “think of what you just asked me, and ask yourself if you would ask that same question to Roman.”

=====

Chad Gable, Jason Jordan, Otis, and Tucker come out, giving Gable and Jordan an opportunity to see their new tag team first hand.
Match 3: American Alpha Academy (Otis and Tucker) vs Two Local Wrestlers

Otis and Tucker look phenomenal in their first match as a tag team in years, with Tucker showing absolutely no rust. They pick up the win with a Compactor.

Winners: American Alpha Academy

=====

Backstage, Sasha Banks sits with Lacey Evans. Sasha congratulates her for qualifying for the Elimination Chamber. She gives her a few tips on surviving the demonic structure, but Lacey tells her that she doesn’t need any tips. Her time in the marines prepared her for anything that the WWE will throw at her including Elimination Chambers and, potentially, Sasha Banks. Sasha finishes by telling her to not win the match, because “wrestling me at Wrestlemania would be worse than wrestling in a hundred Elimination Chambers.”

=====

A quick video recap gets us up to speed regarding Bray Wyatt calling out Uncle Howdy last week on Smackdown. Uncle Howdy knocks on the door of the Firefly Funhouse.

Live, we see Bray Wyatt wandering around an abandoned studio. In front of him is the set of a house, with the “Firefly Funhouse” logo above the door. He looks at the camera man.

Bray Wyatt
You shouldn’t come in here with me. I don’t know what we’re going to see.

The camera man nods the camera and Bray Wyatt walks through the door. We see the opening graphic for the Firefly Funhouse, accompanied by the theme song.

We’re really glad that you’re our friend, and this is a friendship that will never ever ennnnddddd.

The familiar theme song to the Firefly Funhouse begins to distort as the graphic begins to burn and melt. Bray Wyatt is now in the Firefly Funhouse. We see from the static camera in the funhouse that it’s dark, devoid of color. None of his friends are there. The TV turns on, and Uncle Howdy is on the screen.

Uncle Howdy
Hello, Bray. Welcome to my funhouse. I brought you here, to show you what your life is going to be like, very shortly. The pig, the bird, the pest, the witch, and the bitch. All will perish at my hands, because of your sins. Tomorrow, I will give you a taste of what to expect in the coming weeks. Pain, misery, helplessness. Tomorrow night, I begin my crusade. I’m here.

The TV goes to static and the lights in Funhouse turn off. Bray jumps as there’s a loud bang from the door. He opens it, but only the camera man is there.

Michael Cole is flabbergasted, wondering if this means Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy is confirmed for tomorrow night. Pat hopes it’s not, saying that this doesn’t happen when he calls football games.

=====

We come back from commercials and Sasha Banks is interviewing the next competitor: Bianca Belair. These two have some history, being the first two black superstars to ever main event Wrestlemania together. Sasha tries to open up the interview but Bianca interrupts her, asking her if she enjoyed her vacation. Banks tells her that she’s forgotten about Bianca’s history, because she was never important enough to remember. This gets to Bianca, who tells her that Round 2 isn’t going to go much easier after she reclaims her Women’s Championship.

=====

Next us is KC Squared vs Bayley and Cora Jade. If KC Squared wins, they will face Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky for the Women’s Tag Team Championships at Elimination Chamber. Katana and Kayden are out first, followed by all four women of Damage CTRL who are accompanied by a chorus of boos.
Match 4: KC Squared (Katana Chance and Kayden Carter) vs Damage CTRL (Bayley and Cora Jade)

Star making match for KC Squared, who haven’t quite been able to prove themselves on the main roster yet. The heel work from Damage CTRL, particularly Bayley, gave the crowd a reason to cheer for KC Squared. And the excitement boils over throughout much of the match, with the match constantly being interfered with by Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky. The interferences came to a halt when Dakota Kai stood on the ring apron, arguing with the ref. Iyo Sky runs in from behind and tries to take out Kayden Carter with her title, but she ducks out of the way. Katana pulls the ref out of the way of Iyo’s charge, and she nails Dakota with the belt! Bayley leaves her spot by the ropes to go check on her comrades, as Katana leaps over the ropes for a suicide dive! While Kayden watches on, Cora Jade grabs her, but Kayden counters and hits her with a superkick! She gets her up and holds her by her neck, as Katana climbs the ropes and comes down with the 450 splash/neck breaker combo! Kayden gets the pin and they are moving on to Elimination Chamber!

Winners: KC Squared

Bayley and her girls retreat up the ramp, while Kayden and Katana yell at them from the ring, “We’ll see you tomorrow!”

====

Gunther and the rest of Imperium are backstage with Kayla Braxton, who asks him about his challenge to the locker room. Gunther first says that Ludwig and Giovanni are putting the tag division on notice as well. Imperium have been patient for too long, and it’s time for them to get the gold they deserve. Gunther then declares that he’s defending his Championship again next week, and needs someone to step up to the challenge. He’s approached by Shinsuke Nakamura, who says “I accept,” before walking off.

=====​

Match 5: The Street Profits vs Los Lotharios

After Los Lotharios’ loss to the New Day last week, they want to try to improve their place in the tag team division with a win over the Street Profits. It will go pretty much the same way, with Los Lotharios impressing, but ultimately coming up short.

Winners: The Street Profits

The drama happens after the match, however. Los Lotharios, not happy with how their match went, attacks the Street Profits. The New Day come to make the save, but are set upon by Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci, who lay waste to everyone in the ring.

=====

Michael Cole sends us backstage for the Sasha Bank’s final interview. When we get there, Becky Lynch is beating down Sasha! The animosity between these two have not calmed and something seemed to make Becky come unhinged. The two are separated by security, but Becky breaks free! She picks Sasha up and slams her through a production table! Security finally holds Becky back, as Sasha lays knocked out on the rubble.

=====

Before moving on to our main event, Michael Cole and Pat McAfee update us on where the card stands for Elimination Chamber after tonight’s events. On the Smackdown side we have the Smackdown Women’s Championship Elimination Chamber Match, Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley, Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy, and KC Squared vs Damage CTRL for the Women’s Tag Team Championships.

While the duo talked, Smackdown GM Stephanie McMahon made her way to the ring. “Sexy Boy” plays next, and Raw GM Shawn Michaels joins her in the carpeted ring. Seth Rollins dances down the ramp and into the ring next, shaking hands with Stephanie and Shawn as he enters. Boos erupt as Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman are next. They take their time entering the ring. Roman sits down across a table from Seth. Shawn Michaels fills the spot in the center of the ring.

Shawn Michaels
Are you two ready to get star—-

Paul grabs the microphone out of Shawn’s hands.

Paul Heyman
My name is Paul —-

SUPERKICK. SHAWN MICHAELS JUST SUPERKICKED PAUL HEYMAN! Roman gets up in Michaels’ face but is pushed off by Seth. The two are about to brawl but Stephanie stands in the way.

Stephanie McMahon
No, no, no. We’re not doing that tonight. Shawn, get a hold of yourself.

Shawn Michaels
Sorry, Steph. I know this is your show. I just wanted to show Roman and the Bloodline that I’m still capable of taking care of myself, if something were to happen tomorrow night.

Stephanie McMahon
Well you proved your point. I asked you to come out here because you’re the special guest referee, not a combatant. So hopefully we’ll see a nice clean match called tomorrow?

Shawn nods his head, and asks Stephanie to take over.

Stephanie McMahon
I understand you’ve had both of your people look at this and made sure everything is in order? Then let’s sign it and get this over with.

She tosses a pin and booklet to Seth Rollins who signs it, cackles, then asks for a microphone.

Seth Rollins
Feels weird to be on the other side of the table. Usually I’m the asshole of these contract signings between us. Go ahead and sign this paper so that I can start preparing for you ass whooping.

Seth passes the paper and pen to Roman, who looks at it. He grabs a microphone.

Roman Reigns
If I sign this, I am defending one title against Seth Rollins?

Stephanie nods her head.

Roman Reigns
And I’m defending my other title in Elimination Chamber?

Stephanie nods her head again.

Roman Reigns
And if I don’t sign it?

Stephanie McMahon
If you do not compete against Seth Rollins tomorrow night, you will vacate your WWE Championship.

Roman Reigns
You see, I don’t think you’d do that. I’m freaking Roman Reigns. I’m the only reason anyone is going to show up tomorrow. I’m the reason anyone is going to tune in tomorrow. I’m the reason anyone gives a shit.

Censors pick up on the curse word, but Stephanie McMahon looks shocked, and livid.

Roman Reigns
So I’m going to call your bluff. I’ll compete twice tomorrow night. On one condition: At Wrestlemania, I’m defending the Undisputed Championship only. No more of this two time nonsense. I’m the draw, and you need me at 100%.

Seth looks on, interested to see where this goes.

Roman Reigns
So I don’t care what USA or Fox want. I don’t think you care. You need to make me happy, and right now, I am not happy. So agree to my terms, or you can shove this contract down your throat. Your networks will see the drop in ratings when I don’t show up.

Stephanie and Shawn look at each other and agree. Roman signs it.

Roman Reigns
One more thing before I go…

He leaps over the table at Shawn Michaels! Stephanie hurries out of the ring as Seth Rollins pulls Roman off of Shawn. Roman retaliates with a Superman Punch, but is met with a swift superkick! Seth gets Roman while he’s down with a Curb Stomp!

Seth and Shawn stand tall in the ring as the WWE Universe looks at a Bloodline-less Roman Reigns, lying on the mat, as the show comes to a close.

=====

Elimination Chamber.png

Roman Reigns (c) vs Johnny Gargano vs AJ Styles vs Finn Balor vs LA Knight vs Braun Strowman

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley

Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy

Women's Tag Team Championship

Damage CTRL (c) vs KC Squared

Last edited:

JDBengal

Reaction score

Elimination Chamber Preview

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins.png

WWE Championship Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins

WWE received word from their Networks that both Fox and USA want champions at the top of their cards. Henceforth, Roman Reigns will defend both the WWE Championship and the Universal Championship on the same night. He took exception to this, spawning a short feud with Raw GM Shawn Michaels, who inserted himself into this match as Special Guest Referee.

Smackdown’s challenger was decided in a contest between their first two draft picks: Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins. Seth Rollins would go on to win, earning the respect of “the American Nightmare”. During a contract signing gone awry on the Smackdown Go Home show, Seth would come to Shawn Michaels’ aid, hitting Roman with a Curb Stomp.

Also on Roman’s mind is the splintering Bloodline. The addition of Sami Zayn has made the Usos distrustful of Roman Reigns and his Island of Relevancy. Roman hasn’t been able to trust Sami Zayn who has only been looking for a family of his own. Following two beatdowns at the Royal Rumble, Jey Uso stepped in, protecting the Honorary Uce. How will the Usos and Sami Zayn be involved in the WWE Championship Match?

Universal Championship EC Match.png

Universal Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs AJ Styles vs Finn Balor vs LA Knight vs Braun Strowman vs Johnny Gargano

On the Raw side of things, Roman Reigns has been dealing with Johnny Gargano, qualifying for this match by defeating Baron Corbin, and his crusade against bullies. Gargano believes Roman to be the lead bully in the WWE and plans to put a stop to it at Elimination Chamber. He’ll have to contend against Finn Balor, a representative of Raw’s resident bullies, Judgment Day.

Judgment Day has been in their own war with the OC, led by AJ Styles, who will also appear in this match. Balor and Styles’ issues spilt over into the ring during an Elimination Chamber qualifying match, when both men would be counted out when AJ Styles leaped from the top rope onto Finn at the announce table. Shawn Michaels would send word down that both men would qualify for the match, the perfect setting for the blood rivalry between the two.

Also qualifying for the match are LA Knight, looking to make a statement to the Raw audience after spending his first few months on Smackdown. He defeated Ricochet to earn a spot in the match. The final spot is filled by Braun Strowman, who’s looking to bounce back after a disappointing loss to Bron Breakker in his main roster debut. He defeated Omos to qualify.

Womens Elimination Chamber.png

Smackdown Womens’ Championship Elimination Chamber Match: Alexa Bliss (c) vs Bianca Belair vs Becky Lynch vs Gigi Dolin vs Jacy Jayne vs Lacey Evans

This match was set by Alexa Bliss after the other five women staked their claim at the Championship. Bianca Belair believes that her title was unfairly taken from her after multiple Uncle Howdy interferences, helping Alexa Bliss win the title at the Royal Rumble. The following week, Alexa would overcome both Bianca Belair and Uncle Howdy, with the help of Bray Wyatt. Bianca believes she’s going to retake the title that is rightfully hers.

On the other side of Elimination Chamber is WrestleMania, and Sasha Banks awaits the winner of this match. Her and Becky Lynch have some bad blood between the two, so Becky desperately wants to win the Championship to get her shot at the Boss. This past Friday, Becky Lynch showed Sasha Banks what she’s been missing out on since leaving the company last summer, slamming her through a table.

NXT newcomers Toxic Attraction are sure to have an alliance in this match, but only one can win. Their friendship may be on the line, as well as the Women’s Championship. Lacey Evans is also in the match, hoping that she can break through and capture her first Championship in her career.

Charlotte vs Liv.png

Raw Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs Liv Morgan

When holding court to decide who would challenge her at Elimination Chamber, Charlotte Flair hand picked Liv Morgan over the likes of Bayley, Ronda Rousey, and Shayna Baszler. Liv Morgan had just proved herself in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match, starting first and being the last eliminated. Charlotte felt that Liv earned a chance to prove herself again. Bayley would take great exception to this, claiming that she is the only clear choice to challenge for the Championship. Could her and her new protege, Cora Jade, involve themselves in this match?

Brock vs Lashley.png

This blood feud has been going on since Brock Lesnar cost Bobby Lashley his US Championship in October of 2022. Brock would return to cost Lashley another shot at the US Championship at Raw is 30. Since then, the two have been at each other’s throat looking to take a shot at each other. Expect this one to be a brutal barnburner.

Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy.png

Uncle Howdy has been terrorizing Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss for weeks. The turmoil really started when Uncle Howdy interfered in Alexa Bliss’ Smackdown Women’s Championship Match at the Royal Rumble. In the rematch on Smackdown, Howdy would try to get involved again, before being rebuked by Alexa. He would then show up to try to cost Alexa, before Bray would save the day. Howdy retaliated against Bray by attacking the Firefly Funhouse and kidnapping Bray’s Funhouse Friends, threatening to see them perish one-by-one, and starting the job at Elimination Chamber.

Sami vs Kevin.png

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens believes his friend Sami Zayn has fallen in with the wrong crowd. He believes he’s grasping for any semblance of relevance that he’s pushing away the people who actually care for him, like Kevin. Owens has tried to convince Sami that Roman does not care for him, and is only self-interested in keeping his titles, despite what it does for his family.

Kevin vowed to prove to Sami that Roman does not care for him when, at Elimination Chamber, Kevin Owens will unleash a fury that Sami Zayn has never seen before. Will Roman answer the call?

DamageCTRL vs KC Squared.png

Women’s Tag Team Championships: Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai and Iyo Skye) (c) vs KC Squared (Katana Chance and Kayden Carter)

Since arriving on the main roster, Damage CTRL has been a thorn in KC Squared sides. They attacked them during their debut match against Toxic Attraction on Smackdown, and followed it up with an attack at Vengeance Day. The latter cost them their NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships. The next week, they would call out Damage CTRL, but would be answered by Bayley and Cora, who challenged KC Squared to a match. KC Squared defeated the duo, solidifying their spot in the Championship Match.

Usos vs LDF.png

Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) vs Legado del Fantasma

Legado del Fantasma are hoping to make a big splash and cement their place in WWE history by winning their first Championship. Santos Escobar has been hyping his boys, Cruz del Toro and Joaquin Wilde up, hoping they can capitalize on the Bloodline’s collapse as the catalyst they need to win the Championship.

=============================================================================

I don't know how much traction this will get but if you guys want to, we can do a Predictions Contest. I'm going to have at least one Cyber Sunday-esque show later this year (I'll talk about that later) and the winner of the Prediction Series at the time could have an advantage in the voting. We'll do 1 point for correct winner, and 1 point per bonus question. Here's a template:

WWE Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs AJ Styles vs Braun Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Johnny Gargano vs LA Knight

Smackdown Women's Championship

Raw Women's Championship

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) vs Legado del Fantasma

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Bonus Questions:
What match opens the night?
What match closes the night?
Who are the final two in the Men's Chamber?
Who are the final two in the Women's Chamber?

=============================================================================

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
WWE Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs AJ Styles vs Braun Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Johnny Gargano vs LA Knight

Smackdown Women's Championship

Raw Women's Championship

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) vs Legado del Fantasma

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Bonus Questions:
What match opens the night? Men's Chamber
What match closes the night? Roman vs Rollins
Who are the final two in the Men's Chamber? Roman and Gargano
Who are the final two in the Women's Chamber? Alexa Bliss and Bianca Bel-Air

JDBengal

Reaction score
Elimination Chamber.png

Elimination Chamber 2023
February 18th, 2023
Bell Centre | Montreal, Quebec

A video package begins the night showcasing highlights from the past month as superstars try to pave their way to WrestleMania. A roadblock stands in the way of many, though: The Elimination Chamber. The hellacious structure has the potential to end careers, but can also kickstart them. Tonight, 12 men and women will enter Elimination Chambers. How many will survive?

We now see the Montreal crowd standing to their feet awaiting the first match. The Elimination Chamber already sits atop the ring, but will it be the men’s or women’s match?

“Head of the Table” plays and the show opens up with the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, Roman Reigns. Alone, carrying only his Universal Championship, he completely ignores the hellscape that stands in front of him as he enters the Chamber and his pod.

Mauro Ranallo
First up we have the WWE Universal Championship Elimination Chamber Match! And there he is, our Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, the Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns. I’m joined here by my Raw broadcast partner, Corey Graves!

Corey Graves
Great to be here, Mauro. You know who isn’t here, though? The Bloodline. The Usos and Sami Zayn are all preparing for matches later tonight. It’s a busy night for the Bloodline.

Mauro Ranallo
There’s not much use in having them out here tonight, though. Roman will be locked inside the Elimination Chamber with no way for the Bloodline to get to him.

Mauro is cut off by the annoying blabber of the next competitor, LA Knight, who brings a microphone down to the ring.

LA Knight
Montreal! Lemme talk to ya! This is the Elimination Chamber, huh?

LA Knight has a look of terror, but doesn’t want the audience to know that.

LA Knight
Doesn’t look like much to me. Of course, LA Knight ain’t scared of the Elimination Chamber, or Roman Reigns, or Finn Balor, or…

BRAUNNNNNN

Braun Strowman
comes out next, interrupting LA Knight. The referee takes the microphone from LA Knight as he enters his pod. He awkwardly bundles his jacket up and places it inside the pod with him.

Mauro Ranallo
LA Knight just hid something in his jacket. What does he have there?

Corey Graves
LA Knight is a savvy man, Mauro. Whatever he has, I’m sure will give him a competitive edge in this match.

Braun is in the ring now and stares into both LA Knight and Roman Reign’s pod before entering his.

“Rebel Heart” plays and Johnny Gargano is introduced.

Corey Graves
Now look at this idiot. Johnny Gargano thinks that he’s able to keep up with the likes of Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman? This kid is going to get eaten alive out here!

Mauro Ranallo
Never underestimate the heart of Johnny Gargano, especially when he has a cause. He’s called out Roman Reigns and Finn Balor’s recent behavior, so I’m sure he will be at the top of his game tonight. Speaking of Finn Balor:

Finn Balor is next. He walks straight down to the cell and embraces it. Ready to unleash punishment onto his opponents.

Corey Graves
Now this guy is not afraid of anything. Finn Balor is looking to prove that he and the Judgment Day are the dominant faction in the WWE, not the Bloodline.

Mauro Ranallo
Well he’ll have to do it by getting past AJ Styles, who he’s had some history with. AJ returned at the Royal Rumble after missing a few weeks of action due to the Judgment Day. He’s came back with a vengeance, and I’m sure he’s looking to spill some blood.

“Phenomenal” hits as AJ Styles sprints out of the tunnel. He goes straight into the Chamber and attacks Finn Balor. The bell rings and the match begins!

Universal Championship EC Match.png

Match 1: WWE Universal Championship Elimination Chamber Match

AJ and Finn continue their war as the first two competitors. The two brawl for a bit in the ring before spilling out to ringside. Finn rakes AJ’s face against the mesh before slamming his face into Gargano’s pod. Finn taunts him a bit before getting back in the ring to prepare for the first pod to open. After the countdown it’s Johnny Gargano!

Gargano comes in and takes a leaping knee strike to Finn, who ducks underneath it. Gargano then narrowly avoids a Phenomenal Forearm from a leaping AJ Styles. He gets up and Finn tries to connect with a Slingblade, but AJ spins out of it, sending Finn flying to the other side of the ring. The three men square up from the ring, to the delight of the crowd. The crowd’s cheers ultimately turn to boos as LA Knight digs out a microphone from his jacket! The sleazeball has snuck a microphone into his pod and is cutting a promo! He taunts the Montreal crowd and the other competitors. Braun is livid inside his pod as the next countdown begins.

Braun Strowman’s pod opens up and he goes to LA Knights Pod and tries to break it down, to no avail. LA Knight gets the message and shuts up, though. With that out of the way, Braun is able to clear the ring, hitting Finn and AJ with Big Boots before taking down Johnny with a Fallaway Slam. Braun screams out to the crowd, towards the hard camera. Behind him, Finn and AJ creep up behind him. They nod their heads and both start attacking him from behind. They get Strowman out of the ring as the next competitor is revealed to be Roman Reigns.

Reigns comes out firing. He hits Finn and AJ with clotheslines, a scoop slam to Johnny, before meeting Braun in the ring with a Spear! He goes for a pin but Braun rolls underneath the ropes. Mauro Ranallo notes that Roman is a different kind of pissed off tonight, and that’s not a good thing for anybody. For the next couple of minutes, Roman unleashes punishment on everyone in the ring.

LA Knight begins to talk again, calling out the other competitors, particularly Braun Strowman. Braun gets back to his feet and has had enough. He walks over to LA Knight’s cage and begins kicking it down! He makes a hole in the plastic and reaches in to pull Knight out, but Knight hits him with the microphone! This staggers him, as AJ clears the top rope and finally connects with the Phenomenal Forearm! He tosses him back in the ring where he’s met with a Spear as Finn climbs to the top rope. He hits him with a Coup de Grace, eliminating the Monster Among Men.

Braun Strowman eliminated by Finn Balor

LA Knight is out of the ring now and puts on an impressive performance. He gets momentum and hits AJ with a neckbreaker, before following it up with a springboard moonsault. He goes for a pin but AJ kicks out at 2. Roman then picks him off and the two start trading blows before Roman throws him out of the ring. The attention goes to AJ and Finn, who are back at it after combining to elimination Braun. Their fight made their way to the top rope. They’re trading punches, when Roman Reigns comes from underneath. He grabs one with each hand and brings them down hard for a double powerbomb! He goes for a pin on AJ but he kicks out.

Johnny is back in the ring now and sets his sights on Roman, who chuckles. Gargano is able to surprise Roman by getting the upper hand on him with a series of kicks. Roman eventually gets free and tosses him over the ropes. Before Roman can follow him to ringside, Gargano connects with a high kick to the face, staggering Roman. Gargano leaps over the rope and hits Roman with a Thunderstruck! He goes for the pin! 1. 2. Roman kicks out! Gargano was *this close* to eliminating the Tribal Chief! He gets Roman back up and props him against the ropes. But LA Knight is behind Gargano and rolls him up. 1. 2. No! Gargano kicks out and is met by a vicious spear! Roman goes for the pin and knocks LA Knight out of the match.

LA Knight eliminated by Roman Reigns

Reigns stands up after the pin and surveys the ring, but is hit by an enziguri by Gargano! Roman falls to his feet, knocked out, and Gargano gets him a hurt lock! Roman is out cold! Is the ref going to call it! AJ and Finn watch on from ringside, amazed that the Tribal Chief is about to get eliminated! The ref goes to check on him, but Roman starts to stir. He’s able to roll around on his back the ref starts the pin count! Gargano is forced to break the hold to avoid getting pinned. Unbeknownst to Gargano, he just unleashed a hatred inside of Reigns that we’ve never seen before. Gargano tries to kick him in the groin, but Roman grabs it. He flips Gargano over and gets him on the mat. Roman gets on top of Johnny and starts to beat him down with fists. It’s too much! AJ comes in and pulls it off of him, afraid of what he’s going to do. Roman shakes AJ off and goes back towards Gargano, WHO ROLLS HIM UP! 1. 2. NO! So close! Gargano almost had Roman done! The breakout sends Gargano through the ropes where he’s met with a kick to the face by Finn, knocking him back in the ring. He gets him by a Superman Punch by Roman and falls to the ground! Roman ignores the pin and wants to inflict more damage on him. He goes to the corner to do his roar, and then delivers a massive spear to Gargano. The Johnny Gargano underdog story ends.

Johnny Gargano eliminated by Roman Reigns

AJ, Finn, and Roman are the last three left. Arguably the three top stars on Raw are going at each other, but Roman has the edge on the others. The tides turn after Roman tosses AJ out of the ring to focus on Finn. Roman turns around and takes a dropkick to the chest, sending him into the turnbuckle and setting him up perfectly for a Coup de Grace. He climbs up to the top turnbuckle but AJ follows him. They two fight, and eventually end up on top of a pod! Roman joins the fray and all three men are on top of the pod! Roman smacks AJ’s head against the plastic wall, and grabs Finn Balor and POWERSLAMS HIM ONTO THE STEEL FLOORING. He looks down over the left side of the pod at the damage he’s done to Finn, but is kicked in the groin by AJ who gets him in position for a STYLES CLASH. AJ JUMPS OFF THE POD, SENDING ROMAN CRASHING INTO THE GROUND FROM THE STYLES CLASH! All three men lay on the steel flooring as a “This is Awesome” chant breaks out. But we’re not done yet!

AJ gets to his feet, followed by Finn Balor. After trading blows, Finn hits AJ with a 1916! AJ lays at the base of the same pod that he just Style Clashed Roman Reigns off of. Finn gets a bit too greedy, and climbs back up on top of the pod! He looks down, and AJ is still laying at the foot of the pod. Finn takes flight, diving feet first down on AJ for a Coup de Grace, BUT ROMAN REIGNS CATCHES HIM IN MID AIR FOR A SPEAR! HE CRASHES THROUGH THE PLASTIC WALL ON THE POD. As Jim Ross would say, Finn Balor is broken in half!

Finn’s not moving in the destroyed pod, as medical officials rush in to check on him, pulling Roman out of the way. Roman gets back in the ring, still looking at what he just did to Finn Balor, when AJ ROLLS HIM UP. 1. 2. NO! Roman Reigns is still alive! He gets out of the pin and is met with a boot to the face by AJ. AJ goes to the top rope and tries for a moonsault, but Roman rolls out of the way. AJ rolls to get back to his feet and is met by a SUPERMAN PUNCH! He goes for the pin but AJ kicks out. Roman is beside himself. He still has another match to wrestle tonight! He goes to the corner and waits for AJ to get up before hitting him with a spear! And just to be safe, he does it again! This will do in AJ.

AJ Styles eliminated by Roman Reigns

Roman gets the pin as the crowd erupts. Not for Roman, but because Finn has pushed off the medical personnel and is back in the ring! He hits Roman with a slingblade and then a dropkick before finally connecting on a Coup de Grace! We’re gonna have a new champion! No! Roman kicks out at 2.99! What else does Finn have to do?! Finn tries for another pin, but Roman kicks out again. Finn repositions Roman for another Coup de Grace, but Roman is able to get to his feet and climb up after him, the two trade punches on the top rope until Roman gets the advantage and grapples onto Finn. He falls backwards for a SUPERPLEX. Both men are unable to get to their feet for a bit. Roman is the first, followed closely by Finn. Roman grabs Finn by the face and tells him that he is the champion. No matter how many guys Shawn Michaels and Stephanie McMahon makes him fight, HE is and will remain the Undisputed Champion. During his tirade, Finn punches Roman and rolls him up! THIS IS IT. No! Roman kicks out, and immediately follows it up with a Spear that sends Finn flying out of his boots. 1. 2. 3. There it is!

Winner and STILL Universal Champion: Roman Reigns last eliminating Finn Balor

Mauro Ranallo
That right there is the early front runner for Match of the Year, and can you believe that we still have eight matches ahead of it?

Corey Graves
I certainly can’t. My major question, however, is how is Roman going to hold on to his WWE Championship tonight when he faces Seth Rollins in our main event, especially after that grueling affair.

Mauro Ranallo
That’s a question he’ll have to answer tonight. For now, Roman Reigns is still Universal Champion.

=====

Backstage, United States Champion Austin Theory and Baron Corbin are interviewed by Byron Saxton. Theory says Corbin was in a rut, and thought that he needed someone to learn from. Who better than the United States Champion? Corbin says he’s honored to help out Theory and keep him away from the maniac Bron Breakker.

=====

Michael Cole
Good evening to you all, I am Michael Cole, Smackdown play-by-play commentator. I’m joined here at commentary by Raw color commentator, Corey Graves.

Corey Graves
Good to see you Cole. The reason for our unusual pairing is that we have a cross brand contest up next.

Michael Cole
You’re absolutely right! The Women’s Tag Team Championships are on the line tonight as Damage CTRL takes on KC Squared. Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky have been massive pains in the ass for Katana Chance and Kayden Carter ever since they were drafted to Smackdown.

Corey Graves
They cost them their NXT Tag Team Championships at Vengeance Day, and now KC Squared are looking to get some vengeance of their own.

KC Squared make their way to the ring first, before all four members of Damage CTRL come out to a rain of boos.

DamageCTRL vs KC Squared.png

Match 2: Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky) (c) vs KC Squared (Katana Chance and Kayden Carter) for the Women’s Tag Team Championships

Katana starts off against Dakota as the two grapple and chain wrestle for a bit. Kai gets her in a headlock, but Katana slips out of it. At ringside, Bayley screeches insults at the rookies while also bickering with fans at ringside. The match in the ring picks up a bit as Dakota lunges at Katana for a clothesline, but Katana ducks it and returns the favor with a quick enziguri. Dakota falls backwards through the ropes and spills out into ringside. Bayley and Cora go check on her and help her up, as Katana takes charge in the ring. She goes for a suicide dive but is stopped when Iyo Sky comes into the ring, delivering a knee to the right side of Katana’s skull. This gives Kai a chance to get back in the ring and take complete control.

Damage CTRL does a good job of cutting the ring in half and preventing Katana from getting a tag in to Kayden. Iyo and Dakota take turns delivering kicks while she’s on the mat. Iyo gets Katana up and tries to set her up for a suplex but Katana wiggles away, pushing Iyo to the ropes. Iyo springboards off for a drop kick, but Katana has already tagged Kayden in, who hits Iyo with three consecutives chop blocks, bringing Iyo to the floor. She would go on to tackle Dakota Kai, sending her flying to ringside before climbing to the top rope and hitting Iyo with a flying crossbody. She goes for a pin but Iyo kicks out at 2. A pissed off Bayley is now on the bottom ring apron arguing with the referees. As she’s chewing him out, Katana climbs to the bottom left turnbuckle and leaps off, hitting Bayley with a hurricanrana! Katana gets up and lets out a battle cry before she gets bonked in the head by Dakota Kai. Kai laughs as Bayley starts to get up. Kai, Bayley, and Cora stand at ringside together, but are brought down as Kayden Carter hits a suicide dive on the three of them!

The match goes back and forth for a few more minutes. The finish comes when Katana hits Satellite DDT and goes for a pin. Iyo kicks out, but is met with a Missile Dropkick as she gets to her feet. She hits the mat again and Katana climbs up the turnbuckle. Iyo springs up and knocks her off the turnbuckle to ringside! Dakota Kai jumps down to check on her when Bayley and Cora start antagonizing the two. Kayden helps Katana into the ring when Bayley starts to get closer. The referee leaves the ring to get between the two and ejects Bayley and Cora! The two are besides themselves, having the most cartoonish hissy fit imaginable. Back in the ring, Dakota Kai hits a distracted Katana in the groin, followed by a Kai-ropractor! Iyo climbs up to the top rope and hits a moonsault. 1. 2. Kayden is going to break up the pin, but Kai tackles her before she can get there! 3!

Winners and STILL Women’s Tag Team Champions: Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky)

Kayden and Katana get a solid ovation as they recover in the ring.

=====

We get a promo for Wrestlemania 39, coming April 1st-2nd, 2023.

1677087890741.png

=====

“Next Big Thing” hits and Brock Lesnar stomps out of the tunnel, ready for action. As he reaches the bottom of the ramp, the crowd erupts as Bobby Lashley sprints out the tunnel and lunges at Brock Lesnar! He tries to spear Lesnar, but Lashley sidesteps him, sending Lashley crashing into the side of the ring. Brock ignores the referee’s request to get in the ring, instead tossing Lashley into the steel steps. Lesnar continues walking Lashley around the ring to the other steps, sending Lashley through those as well. Lesnar starts to clear off the announce table.

Michael Cole
This is the most barbaric thing I’ve ever seen! The bell hasn’t even rung and Lesnar is clearing off our announce table!

Pat McAfee
I love it! I’m not even sure these two want to have a match at this point!

Lesnar finishes throwing off the monitors, but one lands at Lashley’s feet. Lashley grabs it, gets to his feet, and nails Brock to the head with it! Brock staggers over towards the barricade, but Lashley spears Brock through it and into the crowd! The two fight all around the arena, trading blows. Lashley grabs a nearby chair and tries to hit Lesnar with it, but Lesnar catches the blow and takes it out of Lashley’s hands. He in turn nails Lashley in the head with the chair. The two end up working their way around the floor section of the crowd and back to the barrier on the other side. This time, Lashley gets speared through the barricade and back into ringside. Lesnar finally drags Lashley into the ring and the bell dings.

Brock vs Lashley.png

Match 3: Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley

Both men are groggy in the ring. Lesnar climbs in but is immediately grabbed by Lashley and put in a Hurt Lock! Lashley has it locked in and Lesnar can’t escape! Lesnar uses some innovation as he bends down, and lunges for the ropes! The two spill out, landing face first at ringside. The ref runs down to check on them, as Lesnar gets up and throws Lashley back in the ring. Lashley gets to his feet and throws a punch, but Lesnar ducks underneath it, wrapping his arms around Lashley and suplexing him!

After a fourth visit to Suplex City, Lashley is able to grab Lesnar’s head on his way down and turn it into an inverted DDT of some sorts! Lashley and Lesnar both slowly get to their feet, where Lashley hits Lesnar with a right hand. Lesnar returns the favor. The two trade blows until Lashley gets Lesnar with a fallaway slam. Lashley gets up to feel the energy from the crowd. He crouches in the corner and goes for a Spear, and it connects! He goes for a pin but Brock kicks out. Lashley gets up and hits another spear! Brock kicks out again! Lashley gets Brock to his feet and lifts him up for a Dominator! Brock worms his way out of it and grabs Lashley for a F5! Lashley slides out of it from behind and locks in the Hurt Lock! Brock has nowhere to go! He tries the strategy from earlier, but Lesnar drops to the ground, still holding the lock in place. The ref starts to count, but Lashley is able to tilt his body to avoid losing the same way that he did at Crown Jewel. Brock tries to kick towards the ropes but can’t, he can’t do anything. Lesnar passes out and the referee calls it.

Winner: Bobby Lashley

After the match, Bobby looks at Lesnar’s unconscious body… and picks it up! He hits him with a Dominator in the center of the ring! He kicks Lesnar underneath the ropes and at ringside. He then powerbombs Lesnar through the announce table! Lashley walks back to the stage smiling at the damage done.

=====

“Done With That” blares and the Usos make their way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo
Well here comes the Uso’s, barely twenty-four hours removed from losing their rematch against Drew McIntyre and Sheamus on last night’s Smackdown.

Corey Graves
I know one thing, Ranallo. The Bloodline may not be 100% on the same wavelength at the moment, but the Usos always shine when the lights are the brightest and times are the toughest. They’ll be ready to go tonight.

“Soul March” plays and Legado del Fantasma hop out of the tunnel, amped up for the Championship opportunity. Santos Escobar comes out with Joaquin Wilde and Cruz del Toro, but heads backstage before the match begins.

Mauro Ranallo
Legado del Fantasma earned their way into this match by winning a Tag Team Turmoil match on Raw earlier this month, and have largely flown under the radar due to the Bloodline’s lingering problems. Clearly the underdogs, what are Legado del Fantasma’s chances tonight, Corey?

Corey Graves
Well like I said, the Bloodline are not in a good spot right now. There’s dissent on the Island of Relevancy. If LDF can capitalize on the errors that the Usos made just last night, they have a real shot here.

Usos vs LDF.png

Match 4: The Usos (c) vs Legado del Fantasma for the Raw Tag Team Championships

The match begins with Jey Uso and Cruz del Toro in the ring. Jey taunts Cruz, ushering him closer. The Uso goes for a quick superkick but Cruz expects it, and drops to the ground. Cruz grabs Jey’s other leg mid-kick and brings him down. Cruz climbs on top of him and the two begin a good minute of chain wrestling. Jey eventually gets the upper hand after he hits Cruz with a cheeky uppercut. Cruz hits the ground as Jey bounces off the ropes and splashes onto Cruz. He goes for a quick pin, but Cruz kicks out. The Usos definitely want to finish this match early.

The next couple of minutes are The Usos preventing Cruz from tagging in Joaquin. Cruz gets away from Jimmy, who grabs him by the shorts and brings him back for a suplex. Jimmy bridges into a pin, but Cruz breaks out of it. Jimmy picks Cruz back up, but Cruz breaks free and hits him with a step-up enziguri. Both men are on the ground and reaching for their partners. As Cruz nears Joaquin, Jey runs into the ring untagged and dropkicks Wilde, preventing another tag. Cruz retreats to his corner, but is met by a series of quick kicks to the face by Jey. The ref breaks this up, as Jey has been in the ring for too long untagged, but Jimmy continues the beatdown while Wilde recovers outside of the ring. Jimmy lifts Cruz up and tries to whip him to the other end but Cruz counters, beginning to send Jimmy into the other turnbuckle, before realizing that Jey could make a tag. He keeps hold of his arm and brings him back, hitting him with a clothesline. For the first time of the match, Legado del Fantasma has control!

After a couple of different kicks and holds, Cruz tries a springboard splash. Jimmy slides away and tags in Jey who comes in swinging. Cruz ducks underneath a clothesline and wraps his arms around Jimmy’s waist and sends him overhead for a German suplex. Cruz goes for a pin but Jimmy slides out of the ring by the ramp. Cruz tries to grab him but doesn’t realize that Jey has worked his way to the top rope, however. Joaquin calls it out, and Cruz is able to connect a mid-air drop kick to Jey, who slides out of the ring to the top ringside, looking at the hard cam. Cruz tags in Joaquin, who climbs to the top rope. Cruz runs the ropes and leaps over them for a Tope Suicida on Jey Uso and Joaquin dives off of the top rope with a front flip, hitting Jimmy! The crowd eats it up! They’re buying into Legado del Fantasma. Cruz tosses Jey back into the ring as Joaquin makes his way back up to the top rope. Jey quickly gets up and hits Cruz with a superkick before climbing up and hitting Joaquin with a right hand. They trade blows, but Jey falls as Cruz delivers a kick to his head, using the ropes as stairs to get the height. Joaquin leaps off for a Senton but Jey avoids it. He gets to his feet and superkicks Joaquin as he gets up! Before he can get the pin, Cruz grabs him and hits him with a Spanish Fly! The ref has lost all semblance of control here as Cruz, the nonlegal man, climbs to the top rope. Jimmy, the nonlegal Uso, climbs up to the ring apron from ringside and nails Cruz with a superkick to his knee. Cruz buckles and falls off the rope to ringside. Jimmy and Jey climb to the top corners of the ring and connect Joaquin with a double splash, getting the pin and the win.

Winners and STILL Raw Tag Team Champions: The Usos

The Usos hold their titles in the center of the ring, as the crowd gives an ovation to Joaquin and Cruz. The Usos look to the stage, as Sami comes out to celebrate. Sami holds their hands and belts high, but Jey still looks on towards the stage.

=====

Backstage, Kayla Braxton is with Sasha Banks. She says that she’s going to be at ringside tonight and will be watching and scouting for whoever her opponent at Wrestlemania is. When asked about Becky Lynch’s actions, she says she’s not concerned with her. Last night was an anomaly, and Becky won’t get the upper hand on her again.

=====

"Liv Gone Mad” blasts from the speakers, but is drowned out by a big reaction. Liv Morgan eats it up, bouncing her way to the ring giving high fives to the crowd. She’s joined by Charlotte Flair, the Raw Women’s Champion.

Mauro Ranallo
Raw has another championship on the line, as “The Queen” Charlotte Flair defends her Raw Women’s Championship against Liv Morgan. What do you expect from this bout Corey?

Corey Graves
I know there’s not been any kind of animosity between these two, hell I’d do as far as even call them friends, but it can get weird inside the squared circle especially when Charlotte Flair is involved. I expect things could get a bit heated.

Charlotte vs Liv.png

Match 5: Charlotte Flair (c) vs Liv Morgan for the Raw Women’s Championship

The match starts off pretty cordially, with Charlotte nodding her head at Liv. They lock hands and do some chain wrestling to start the match. Charlotte starts working on Liv’s legs. Seems like The Queen has come into this contest with a strategy. Liv is clearly aware of this, and avoids any attempt by Charlotte to attack her lower body. With Liv on the mat, Charlotte tries to grab her leg. Liv reaches up and grabs Charlotte by the neck, bringing her down for a cheeky pin. Charlotte immediately kicks out. She slyly smiles and says “so this is how we’re going to play it”. The two lock up again before as Charlotte locks Liv up from behind. She pushes Liv into the ropes and hits her with a big boot to the face as she rebounds. She bends down to grab Liv, but Morgan again counters and throws her face first into the bottom turnbuckle. Charlotte woozily turns around, sitting against the turnbuckle as Liv connects another kick to the face, plus three more before the ref makes her pull back. Liv stands Charlotte up in the corner and whips her to the other side, but Charlotte reverses and sends Liv into the corner instead. Charlotte charges at her and splashes her, nearly squishing the tiny challenger. Charlotte connects with a couple of chops and now she firmly has control of the match.

Charlotte has now worn down Liv over the last few minutes, to the point that Liv is having trouble standing. Charlotte tries to get Liv in a Figure Eight to seal the deal, but Liv kicks her in the butt as she turns, sending her through the ropes and to ringside. Charlotte quickly recovers and climbs up to the ring apron, but is hit by a Liv Morgan drop kick! Liv climbs up to the ring apron and tries to hit her with a flying cross body, but Charlotte catches her! Charlotte runs her face first into the ring post. Still holding onto Liv, she slams her legs into the ring post! Liv squirms in pain at ringside as Charlotte lifts her up and slides her back into the ring. She pulls her leg from ringside and wraps it around the ring post. She grabs her right leg and slams into the post again! Liv crawls into the middle of the as Charlotte re-enters. She kicks Liv to the head, making sure she’s out. Charlotte climbs to the top rope but Liv recovers and follows her up. Liv goes for a suplex from the second rope, but her knee buckles and she falls to the ground. Charlotte launches backwards off the ropes for a Moonsault, but Liv slides out of the way. Charlotte rolls to recover but is met with a kick to the knee, bringing Charlotte down to her knee. Liv rebounds off the ropes and hits a running two handed bulldog. She goes for a pin but the Queen kicks out.

After a few more moves from Liv to get Charlotte in a pinnable condition, Liv tries to whip Charlotte to the ropes. She quickly follows, hoping to hit an ObLIVion, but Charlotte counters with a boot. With Liv on the ground, she takes her chance with a Figure Four, and locks it in! Liv is fighting and crawling to the ropes but can’t make it. Charlotte begins to bridge it into a Figure Eight, but Liv is able to bend forward and strike at her stomach. One singular moment of weakness let’s Liv flip around and turn the pressure on Charlotte. Screaming in pain, Charlotte is able to crawl to the ropes to break the hold. Charlotte uses the ropes to stand up, but is hit by an OBLIVION! Liv climbs on top of Charlotte as the ref counts 1. 2. Charlotte hasn’t moved, but there’s no three count? Bayley ran to the ring and pulled the ref out of the ring to break up the pin. She slides in the ring and immediately clotheslines Liv. Then her and the rest of Damage CTRL attack the Raw Women’s Champion.

Winner by DQ: Liv Morgan

Bayley and Damage CTRL continue their beat down of the two. Bayley cries out “this should have been me! I should be Champion!” She leaves Liv and Charlotte lifeless in the ring as security comes out to break them up.

=====

A video package showing the buildup to the Women’s Elimination Chamber Match airs, showing Sasha Banks winning the Royal Rumble as the winner of this match awaits their destiny at Wrestlemania.

The Smackdown Women’s Champion, Alexa Bliss is out first! Followed by Gigi Dolin, Lacey Evans, and Bianca Belair. The four women all enter their pods. Becky Lynch and Jacy Jayne, the first two competitors, are last.

Womens Elimination Chamber.png

Match 6: Smackdown Women’s Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Becky Lynch wastes no time getting the match started. She quickly starts jabbing at Jacy, who retreats back to the turnbuckle. She turns to look at Gigi in her pod, who gives her a quick word of advice. Gigi shouts at Jacy to turn around, but it’s too late as Becky crashes into her with a forearm to the head. Becky dominates the first segment of the match, as Jacy has no counter to her.

Jacy’s luck would turn when Gigi Dolin is revealed as the next entrant. Gigi and Jacy are able to turn the tables on Becky and take control of the match. They clear Becky out of the ring and Gigi goes to throw a punch at Jacy, but stops herself. She apologizes and they agree to hold off until they’re the final two. The onslaught on Becky continues as Jacy rakes her face against the cage, while Gigi throws insults her way.

The countdown begins again as the crowd anxiously awaits the next participant. When the countdown ends, the lights turn out.

“I got the whole world in my hands. I’ve got the whole world in my hands”.

The darkness continues through a creepy rendition of the song, akin to Bray Wyatt’s return from last year. Finally,

“I’ve got his whole world in my… hands.”

A spotlight shines on Alexa Bliss’ pod and UNCLE HOWDY IS INSIDE IT WITH HER. He grabs her as the lights turn off again. When the light returns, Alexa Bliss is gone. The pod opens, signaling that she was the next contestant, but no one is there.

Jacy and Gigi cower against each other in the corner of the ring. When they’ve realized what’s happened, they begin attacking Becky again. Becky uses the moment of hesitation to her advantage and takes Gigi out using a dropkick. Jacy swings at Becky, who ducks underneath her and hits with a Bex-Plex! Becky spends the next segment fighting off Toxic Attraction until backup arrives with Bianca Belair’s name getting called. The EST of WWE comes in swinging at Jacy and knocks her out of the ring. Bianca continues her fight out of the ring. She lifts Jacy to her feet and slams her into the pod door. Jacy bounces off and Bianca does it again. On the third try, Jacy reverses it and sends Bianca bouncing off the door instead. Jacy demands that the ref open the pod door. She places Bianca’s arm inside the doorway and slams the door shut on it! Biana writhes in pain as Jacy continues to attack the arm. Meanwhile, it’s a different story between the two redheads in the ring as Becky has complete control over Gigi. Becky has Gigi in the corner, and goes for a Flying Fire-arm, but Gigi ducks out of the way and tries to escape the ring. Becky grabs her, but Gigi swiftly kicks her head and crawls out of the ring and starts to climb up the Chamber wall. Becky follows her, and tries to bring her down. But Gigi is able to absorb a punch from Becky and grab her head, slamming it into the cage. Becky drops down to the ground. Gigi is able to get onto a support beam and decides to leap off, hitting Becky with a crossbody as she gets up!

Lacey Evans is finally allowed into the ring and immediately goes after Jacy, the only one who’s still up at this moment. She gets Jacy in the ring and, after a few counters, hits her with a Woman’s Right! Before she can get the pin, however, Bianca runs in and hits Lacey with a KOD. She’s then hit by a Becksploder from Becky, who is met by a Mark of the Beast by Gigi. All of the women are able to showcase their finishing moves in quick succession. Jacy gets to her feet and stands face-to-face with Gigi. Gigi shrugs and attacks Jacy! Jacy gets away and runs the ropes, and hits a monstrous Discus Big Boot on Gigi. She gets the pin: 1. 2. 3! Jacy Jayne eliminated her best friend Gigi Dolin!

Gigi Dolin eliminated by Jacy Jayne

Jacy apologizes, ensures that it’s every woman for herself. She stands up as she watches Gigi be escorted out of the cage by the refs. The crowd lets out a cheer, as Bianca gets to her feet behind Jacy. She hits her with a KOD and gets the pin on Jacy!

Jacy Jayne eliminated by Bianca Belair

With Toxic Attraction gone, and Alexa Bliss MIA, that leaves Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair, and Lacey Evans in the ring. Bianca climbs to the top rope as Becky chases after her. The fight takes Bianca up on top of a pod, but Becky is grabbed by Lacey and slammed to the mat. Lacey pulls Becky by the hair and slings her through the ropes onto to the floor by ringside. She slams Becky’s face into the cage, and then grabs her head. Lacey jumps up and bounces off of a pod door, falling down and hitting Becky with a springboard cutter! Lacey gets a bit greedy and climbs up the pod, she turn around and leaps off for a moonsault, and it connects! Before she can react though, BIANCA FLIES OFF OF THE OTHER POD WITH A 450 SPLASH! It inflicts as much pain on Bianca as it does Lacey. Bianca gets up and kicks Lacey into the ring. As Bianca goes through the ropes, Lacey gets up and tries to hit a Woman’s Right, but Bianca ducked underneath it and grabs Lacey. She gets her in torture rack. She brings her up and hits her with a KOD. 1. 2. 3! Lacey is gone.

Lacey Evans eliminated by Bianca Belair

Before Bianca can realize it, Becky is in the ring and tackles Bianca. She grabs her by her arm, the arm that Jacy Jayne nearly broke earlier in the match, and locks in a Dis-Arm-Her! Bianca tries to break out, to get to the ropes, anything, but can’t do it. She has to tap!

Winner and NEW Smackdown Women’s Champion: Becky Lynch!

While Becky Lynch celebrates her 5th Smackdown Women’s Championship, Sasha Banks’ music hits as the Boss stands atop the stage, watching her Wrestlemania opponent celebrate in the Chamber.

=====

After a short ad break, Michael Cole introduces a Tag Team Tournament that will start this week on Smackdown, to determine who will be the #1 Contender for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships. Before he can go into detail, he is told of an urgent matter backstage.

We go backstage, where Rusev is attacking The Street Profits. Rusev hits Angelo Dawkins with a Mackha Kick, then locks in The Accolade to Montez Ford. With the hold secured, he tells the camera to get in his face. Rusev proclaims that it’s a joke that he wasn’t on the card tonight, and that he is going to start creating opportunities for himself if he doesn’t start getting the respect he deserves from management. The New Day runs in, causing Rusev to break the hold and retreat. Xavier checks on the Profits while Kofi runs Rusev off.

=====

A video package highlighting the history of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, our next match. The package showcases their time in the indies, in NXT, and on the main roster. It then introduces Sami’s participation in the Bloodline and his blind loyalty to Roman Reigns. It ends with the reminder that Kevin Owens isn’t going to win this match, he’s going to leave Sami Zayn “bloodied and lifeless”.

Sami Zayn makes his way to the ring under the Bloodline’s music. Kevin Owens is next and storms down to the ring. He slides into the ring and immediately starts throwing strikes at Sami, who returns with dueling punches. Both hometown heroes get massive ovations.

Sami vs Kevin.png

Match 7: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

A fast paced match between Kevin, who is trying to prove a point, and Sami, who is fighting someone he truly despises. Early in the match, Sami connects with a drop kick that sends KO staggered into the corner. Sami capitalizes on this with an attempted Helluva Kick but KO catches him and hits him with a pop-up powerbomb. He doesn’t pin Sami though. KO tells him that’s not what this is about. Roman isn’t going to help him.

KO punishes Sami for the next few minutes before Sami turns the tables. KO lifts Sami for another powerbomb, but Sami punches KO’s head, causing him to drop him. Sami jumps up and hits KO with another dropkick, sending through the ropes and to ringside. Sami takes flight and suicide dives through the ropes, turning it into a Tornado DDT! Sami throws KO back into the ring and tries for a pin but Kevin kicks out. Sami climbs the rope and goes for a diving crossbody, but KO catches him and slams him to the ground! KO springboards off the middle turnbuckle and connects with a moonsault! KO still doesn’t go for the pin.

KO, now satisfied by the damage output, rolls out of the ring and grabs a steel chair. He rolls back in but is met with a BLUE THUNDER BOMB! The chair flies across the ring as KO’s body thuds into the mat. Sami lifts him up and hits him with an exploder suplex into the turnbuckle. Sami goes to the opposite corner and waits for KO to get up. Sami charges at him for a Helluva Kick, but KO superkicks him first! Sami falls to the ground and KO climbs to the top rope for a Bullfrog Splash! He lifts Sami up, who can barely stand. Kevin cries out “He’s not coming for you, Sami. He doesn’t care about you. You’re nothing to him!” KO kicks him in the groin and turns around for a stunner, but SAMI ROLLS HIM UP. 1. 2. 3!

Winner: Sami Zayn

Despite winning the match, Sami cannot get back to his feet. Kevin Owens, now irate, grabs the chair and starts wailing on Sami, repeatedly asking where Roman is. The Usos storm to the ring for help, but KO is able to connect a chairshot to Jey before hitting Jimmy with a pop-up powerbomb. He wails on the Usos as well, asking them why Roman isn’t helping them either. Why he wasn’t there against Drew and Sheamus, why they lost their Smackdown Tag Team Championships. Kevin, tears in his eyes, turns to Sami and says “I don’t want to do this, Sami. You’re my brother,” before hitting him with a final stunner and exiting the ring, leaving the Montreal Crowd in silence.

=====

Backstage, Kayla Braxton interviews Edge, asking him about his recent losing streak. Edge responds that it’s just a bump in the road, but is interrupted by Karrion Kross. Kross tells him that Edge was a role model of his growing up, and he hates seeing Edge this way. Kross says that a team-up may be the thing that shakes both of them out of their slumps, and that entering the #1 Contenders Tournament may be just what they need.

=====

“Live in Fear”, Bray Wyatt’s old theme plays, but Bray Wyatt is not who comes out. Uncle Howdy emerges from the tunnel, holding Bray’s signature lantern. He slowly walks down to the ring before blowing out the lantern in the ring.

When the lights turn back on, Bray Wyatt is already in the ring. He tries to hit Howdy with a Sister Abigail but Howdy escapes.

Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy.png

Match 8: Bray Wyatt vs Uncle Howdy

Bray yells out “Where is Alexa!”, to which Howdy only responds with a laugh. Bray lunges at Howdy, ducks underneath and bends over backwards, into the spidercrawl that Bray does. Bray responds accordingly, kicking Howdy in the face, before beating down Howdy.

This is a slow back-and-forth match, but is mostly Howdy playing with Bray, who is fighting for Alexa Bliss, wherever she is. Bray and Howdy showcase all of their moves, many of which of Howdy’s are just mirrors of Bray’s.

The finish comes when Howdy hits a springboard bulldog on Bray. Bray kicks out of the following pin, but Howdy shoves his hand down Bray’s throat for a mandible claw! Bray squirms, but is able to get his hands to Howdy’s face and TEARS OFF THE MASK. IT’S BO DALLAS! Bray Wyatt’s real life brother! Howdy starts to freak out, as Bray stares in confusion and disbelief. Bo puts the mask back on but Bray snaps out of it. He hits his brother with a Sister Abigail and gets the pin.

Winner: Bray Wyatt

After the match, Bray presses Bo, who repeatedly responds with “Bo is dead.” Bray kicks him. “And soon she will be,”. Bray picks Bo up, begging him to tell him where Alexa Bliss is. The lights go out, and a sinister laugh sounds over the area, along with the creepy rendition of “He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands”. The lights come back on and neither Uncle Howdy or Bray Wyatt is in the ring.

=====
Michael Cole highlights the Bloodline’s night so far, with Roman Reigns and The Usos retaining their Universal Championship and Raw Tag Team Championships, along with the attack at the hands of Kevin Owens just moments ago.

Michael Cole
But Roman has one more roadblock on the road to Wrestlemania: his longtime rival, Seth Rollins.

Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels is the first to hit the ring. He’s promised a fair fight tonight, and is just here to ensure the Bloodline can not get in the way. “Visionary” plays next, as Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins dances his way to the ring, accompanied by a chorus of the crowd singing his song. The song quickly turns to boo’s as Roman Reigns arrives for the second time tonight, accompanied by Paul Heyman and his WWE Championship.

With the three men standing in the ring, Samantha Irvin introduces the match.

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins.png

Main Event: Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship

The match starts fast paced, or at least as fast as Roman can move. He lunges at Seth, hoping to catch him off guard. But after defending his title in an Elimination Chamber match earlier in the night, Roman is a bit exhausted and moves slower than usual. This gives Seth a chance to execute his strategy early on. Seth stays away from the extra aggressive Roman, and wears him out. He hits him with an early buckle bomb and a springboard splash. Seth climbs to the ropes but before he can hit a move, Paul Heyman ushers Roman to slide out of the ring. Roman does, and regroups with his Wise Man. Seth looks out at the crowd and cackles. He leaps off of the top rope, but Roman dodges it. SETH LANDS ON PAUL HEYMAN. PAUL HEYMAN IS DOWN.

Shawn Michaels laughs in the ring at the Wise Man’s demise, but quickly refocuses on the match outside as he begins to count. Roman is able to hit Seth with a quick punch while he’s getting off of Heyman. Roman continues the offense, throwing Seth hard into the stairs. He gets Seth over by the announce table and lifts him up for a powerbomb. Seth squirms out of it, and lands on the table. Seth quickly kicks Roman, staggering him backwards, and leaps off of the table with a diving high knee. Seth gets him back in the ring and goes for a pin, but Roman kicks out. Seth goes to the ring apron and springboards off the top rope, but Roman connects with a vicious uppercut. Seth retreats to the corner, where Roman unleashes a series of kicks. Michaels makes Roman break the combo, and argues with him as Seth gets up. Roman pushes Shawn out of the way and lunges at Seth for a clothesline. Seth ricochets off the turnbuckle, straight into Roman for a Niagara Driver. He follows it up with a pin, but Seth kicks out. Roman argues with Shawn, not happy with a slower than usual count. He grabs Seth by the hair and shoves him into the turnbuckle.

As Seth dangles from the middle rope, Roman exits the ring. He takes a running go and jumps up for a drive by! But Seth moved! Roman kicks the ringpost, and thumps down against the ring apron, and falls to the floor. Seth takes quick advantage of this and goes for a suicide dive, but Roman meets it with an uppercut! Seth flops to the floor. Roman gets Seth up for another attempt at the powerbomb through the table, but Seth breaks out of it again. He gets to the floor and superkicks Roman, who somehow still stands. Seth lifts him up and powerbombs him through the table! Seth then gets Roman up again, and PEDIGREES HIM on the rubble! He rolls Roman in the ring and hits him with a CURB STOMP. WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!

1. 2. NO!

How did Roman kick out of that? A Curb Stomp, a Pedigree, and a Powerbomb through the announce table! Seth can’t believe it. Shawn can’t believe it. What’s it going to take to finish this dude off? Seth waits for Roman to get to his knees before he goes for another curb stomp. Roman dodges it and meets Seth on a rope rebound for a Superman Punch! He does his war cry and hits Seth with a spear! 1. 2. No! Seth kicked out. Roman is irate at the guest referee, claiming it was clearly three. He pushes Shawn, who PUSHES ROMAN BACK! Roman turns around and laughs, before lunging back at Shawn for a Superman Punch. BUT SHAWN MEETS HIM WITH A SWEET CHIN MUSIC. Seth immediately follows up with a Pedigree. Surely this has to do it!

1. 2….. ???

Solo Sikoa pulls Shawn out of the ring to break the pin. Shawn returns with a Sweet Chin Music! He looks around but the entire Bloodline is out there now. The Usos and Sami Zayn look at him. In the ring, a distracted Rollins gets hit by a SPEAR. Shawn hesitates and gets back in the ring for a count. But Seth kicks out at 2.99!

Shawn, knowing what’s about to come, is already prepped for another Sweet Chin Music. Roman charges at him, but ducks under the kick, rebounds off the ropes and Spears Shawn Michaels! He orders The Usos and Sami into the ring to work on the men. The Usos think about it and starts beating up on Seth. Roman props Shawn up in the corner for Sami to deliver a Helluva Kick, much like he did on Raw a few weeks ago. Sami looks on from the opposite corner. He looks down at the Usos, who watches him. Roman holds Shawn in place as Sami takes off. His boot connects… WITH ROMAN REIGNS. SAMI ZAYN HAS HELLUVA KICKED ROMAN REIGNS. The entire ring is stunned. Roman is stunned against the ropes. Shawn slyly slides out of the ring, avoiding the conflict that’s about to erupt. Sami pleads his case with the Usos when Solo Sikoa enters the ring, now recovered from the Sweet Chin Music. Solo grabs Sami and nails him with a Samoan Spike. Jimmy and Jey watch as Solo helps Roman up. Roman belts out orders to the Usos to attack Sami, while Solo works on Seth. This match is now officially out of hand, but Shawn is watching everything play out at ringside. The Usos look at Sami, pleading on the ground, and they both SUPERKICK ROMAN. THE USOS HAVE TURNED ON ROMAN REIGNS. Solo is enraged. He runs at the Usos who duck under his attack, and respond with a Double Superkick on the rebound. Solo falls backwards, through the ropes, as the Usos chase after him, brawling with him at ringside. Sami gets back to his feet and waits as Roman stands back up in the corner, and hits him with another Helluva Kick! Roman staggers towards the center of the ring, but is hit with a Shawn Michaels Sweet Chin Music! Roman falls his knees, and is met by a Seth Rollins’ Curb Stomp. Seth gets the pin.

1. 2….. 3!

WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!

WINNER AND NEW WWE CHAMPION: SETH ‘FREAKIN’ ROLLINS

The Montreal Crowd is in an uproar. The Bloodline has fractured in two and the Tribal Chief has just eaten his first pinfall in over three years! His WWE Championship reign ends at 321 days!

Seth gets his belt as Shawn Michaels raises his hand. He shortly celebrates with the crowd before scurrying to the back. Sami Zayn and the Usos have also retreated and are standing on the stage, looking down at Solo and Paul in the ring tending to Roman Reigns as the show fades to black.

=====​