WWE Network susbscriber numbers released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
We're not in the long run though. Not sure why your gut feeling got a mention there.

Because I felt like mentioning it? Not sure I see the issue in mentioning that I've had a gut feeling since the Network was launched that it wouldn't end up being the success that they had hoped it would be.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Because I felt like mentioning it? Not sure I see the issue in mentioning that I've had a gut feeling since the Network was launched that it wouldn't end up being the success that they had hoped it would be.
Just seems like a look at me moment you know ?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just seems like a look at me moment you know ?

I'm sorry, but... what?

I was responding to someone's post and made a mention in passing how I figured it wouldn't be successful from the get-go. I fail to see how anyone can interpret that as a grab for attention unless they're just digging for reasons to criticize someone.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but... what?

I was responding to someone's post and made a mention in passing how I figured it wouldn't be successful from the get-go. I fail to see how anyone can interpret that as a grab for attention unless they're just digging for reasons to criticize someone.

Bro it happens repeatedly. You predict everything ha.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
In all honesty, what did WWE think was gonna happen? In what world will half an audience stand up and shove $10 monthly to watch a mediocre product? They have at least 4M viewers weekly and they expect half of that to buy the Network? Start small and work your way up.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Month to month at 10 bucks is the casual fans dream that only buys the big ppvs. 30 bucks for mania, s.s. And r.r. Seems like they will lose more money to me.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I see the WWE Network hitting a plateau myself. It will succeed short term but really get stale and unprofitable as time moves forward.
None of the programming is intelligent or thought provoking.

I see people getting bored of it until they realize wrestling is a special attraction and not something people want consuming their lives on an hourly/daily basis.

mrchew1234

Jobber
Reaction score
731000 x $10 is $7.3m a month, that's within 12 months of launch, they're almost making $90m a year on it. Dropping it would be madness.

best434

Jobber
Reaction score
It's not a horrible number. That's Meltzer talking.

The network is a long term investment. It needs to be allowed to grow in the long term. It makes them money so why pull the plug on it? That would be losing money.

WWE has seen a growth of $40 million this year alone.
Dumb comment

It is a bad number, that's why there has been so many cuts.

Is there some mental meltzer denier on every board?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dumb comment

It is a bad number, that's why there has been so many cuts.

Is there some mental meltzer denier on every board?
Well compared to what WWE was aiming for when they launched it, sure it is bad.

But saying that having 731 000 subscribers to your less than a year old streaming service is bad is imo just silly. That is in itself a good number, not as good as they were aiming for but still very good.