WWE Money in the Bank 2023 press conference notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
tripleh.webp

WWE held a press conference following Money in the Bank.

Several WWE stars, as well as Chief Content Officer of WWE Triple H, took questions from the media following Saturday’s Money in the Bank event. Here are the highlights.

Cody Rhodes

• When asked about WrestleMania in London, Rhodes said there’s so many potential markets. He hopes it happens, saying John Cena may know something we don’t know.
  • Regarding the crowd at tonight’s show, he said if the crowd wants to play, let them. Let it ride.
  • Says that while winning the World Heavyweight title would be “outstanding”, it would not be finishing the story. He said that finishing the story was always winning the title that his dad didn’t get. Says you’ll probably hear more about the story in his upcoming documentary soon.
Damian Priest & IYO SKY (w/Bayley)

• Regarding the finish to the Money in the Bank ladder match, SKY said that “we won”, referring to herself and Bayley.
  • When asked about the finish to the World Heavyweight title match, Priest said that he and Balor are brothers, everything is good. He said that the goal wasn’t to cash in. He wanted Seth to feel the pressure and for Balor to win. “He didn’t, and there’s nothing I could do about that,” he said.
Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez

• After listing a number of NXT and main roster talent, Morgan said the options are “endless” regarding who they would like to face next.
  • Morgan said regarding Baszler’s turn on Rousey that they went over every single scenario leading to the match and “we didn’t consider that”.
Seth Rollins

• Mentions Carmelo Hayes as super talented, would love to get into the ring with him. He also put over Nathan Frazer, saying he has come a long way.
Triple H

• Regarding the crowd at tonight’s event, he said that the crowd is the star. The crowd is what makes the excitement.
  • He said Money in the Bank was the highest grossing arena event in the history of WWE. Friday’s SmackDown was the highest grossing SmackDown in WWE history.
  • Triple H said that the only injury that took place at Money in the Bank was someone on their way backstage rolling their ankle on the stage. Didn’t say who.
  • He was first asked about the potential of WrestleMania in London. He thanked John Cena, saying he put him “in an unenviable position.” He said that having WrestleMania in London would be tough, saying “I wish it was that easy.” However, their recent international success with other pay-per-view events this year “bodes well for international”. He finished by saying never say never, and the intent is there.
  • Regarding Drew McIntyre and reports of his status in WWE, Triple H said “If Drew had an issue, it’s news to me.” He said McIntyre was out with an injury and wanted to fix something else while he was gone. He called McIntyre one of the highlight superstars of this timeframe in this era.
  • When asked about NXT Europe, he said the acquisition by Endeavor slowed down the process. He said they’d love to explore that and give local European talent an opportunity, but it just takes time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just can't see us getting a WrestleMania over here purely because of the scheduling reasons and not the timezone that also used to be a factor. I'm 90% sure Wembley would be free from any events around that time but it just all depends on the weather. Anywhere else in London (since they specified London and not Wembley) wouldn't be feasible since they will be booked up for Football.

If Wembley is the intent then it would most likely have to be a SummerSlam, else it's going back to Cardiff and under the roof for any PLE at any time of the year they want I guess.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it's more likely they give another show at a different time of the year "WrestleMania" branding on top of the April shows

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Most likely. Despite what they say, I honestly don't think they want to take WrestleMania outside of the US/Canada unless they got a dumb offer from the Saudi's.