WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (August 8, 2011)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Agree with Axis about Miz/Kofi being better than it should have been.

Miz's promo was nice as well... generated a LOT of heat. Shame they weren't in San Diego with him doing that in front of Rey's hometown, but it still got a massive reaction.

Punk and Cena were both incredible. Punk with his anti-kayfabe approach is awesome... and Cena mocking the IWC was classic. The Rock video was perfect as it enhanced THAT feud yet still asserted Punk's POV this entire time. Punk vs. Ace was awesome as well. I died when he said Cena's fans piss their pajamas over Cena, lmao! You could tell Cena was entertained by Punk's promo the entire time as well... as was Triple H at times looking like "fuck, this guy is brilliant".

Then the kick to Johnny Ace and Cena knocking Trips over... and Trips/Cena standing in the ring and Punk asking them if they already wrote it out like this and if the deck is stacked.

I also like that Triple H didn't say he was going to be partial, and that he'll not make a mistake and the outcome will be what he wants. I like how he leaves it open for a screwjob... and while some have expressed dislike of this dynamic... I challenge you to guarantee me that there's no way he screws Cena. The Punk vs. Del Rio shit easily tells me they could develop a feud over Punk's title while Cena and Triple H establish a feud over the coming months... meanwhile Triple H has every reason to screw Punk and start their feud and have Cena vs. Del Rio as advertised all along finally.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Triple H has every reason to screw Punk and start their feud and have Cena vs. Del Rio as advertised all along finally.

Exactly. Which is what is going to happen now with this stupid ass HHH involvement. He's such a poison to this company when he's active. He even admitted that he was the biggest guy in the company in his promo.

Reaction score
Agree with Axis about Miz/Kofi being better than it should have been.

Why? It's not like it was Show-Mark Henry. Such a misconception that Kofi is awful in ring. His character...week old bread. His ability...above average. Miz is no slouch either. What's surprising about two decent workers having a fun tv match?

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Ending segment was awesome, it had everything and Punk was fuckin awesome as usual, raped HHH about his movie lol. Good set up to Summerslam, not sure what to think about Trips being ref for the match, everyone thinks hes gonna screw Punk but I'm not too sure, I think he could just as easily screw Cena out of the championship which would be good. Miz attacking Rey pretty much means we'll be seeing them face off at Summerslam, hopefully anyway I couldnt thinkof many better matches to have at the ppv.

Axis

Reaction score
Why? It's not like it was Show-Mark Henry. Such a misconception that Kofi is awful in ring. His character...week old bread. His ability...above average. Miz is no slouch either. What's surprising about two decent workers having a fun tv match?

I find Kofi average and Miz slightly above average. The match was better than the sum of their parts. Simple as that.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Kofi's not horrible in the ring, but his best matches come against guys who can carry him in a match... oddly enough I still find his best match was with Jack Swagger in the KOTR tourney.. that's just where I stand with him, just to give you some insight... its not that I dislike him, think he's terrible, or not a good worker... just that I don't think he's anything credible in the ring really.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ I think Kofi is good as a midcard mainstay, but please don't try and push him again (at least with his current gimmick).

As usual, by the time I see Raw, everythings already been said, but...

I thought it was a great show.