WWE Just Made The Same Mistake As 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Look, Equating Cody as the best IC champ in 11 years does not mean i am going the extra step and putting him in the same catagory as SCSA, Rock, HHH, Hulk Hogan, Taker, Orton, HBK, And John Cena. Those guys constitute "True Superstars".

You can hear what you want to hear, and play "follow the crowd" all you want in taking everything I say out of context. But I have never placed him in a superstar view.

Ive made specific post adressing this. Dividing legends, Superstars, Stars, Fillers, and FE. I put Cody in the star list.

I have been very consistant.
Hold on didn't you say Cody would be the new face of the company just a few days ago? Dick.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Hold on didn't you say Cody would be the new face of the company just a few days ago? Dick.

Absoloutely not. I would ask you to quote me, when making such claims instead of, again, taking everything I say and exagerating it.

Find a quote were I specificly said Cody would become the new face of the company?

Now I have stated he would make a great "Public" face for the company, much like Mizz, in doing the late night shows. That was specifically aimed at a much larger "Non" WWE audience. But that is quite different than saying he will be the face of the entire WWE as it's top superstar, in the context of the actuall WWE audience.

Reaction score
Sheamus does get a warm affection from the crowd, and despite him being overseas he was a great choice to win the rumble. The Rumble though was flawed. 30 men competing is fine....but not if 10 of them don't wrestle on a regular basis. If WWE is going to do that....then make it a 40 men rumble.

Cody Rhodes did hold up great in the match though, unfortunatley for him the spotlight was taken by the five or six legends that would enter the ring one after another.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
New guy gets a push..............But it's not the one someone wants it to be always litter these places.

Sheamus is over with the demo that WWE is going for. Jericho is a non factor for wining the Rumble, what does he have to gain from it?

Cody doesn't need it.

Orton is overflated and needs to be relegated to HBK duty from now on, he doesn't need mainevents to be over.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I think chad is just cranky that cody "big lips" Rhodes didn't win nor should he the right guy won the rumble end of story.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Couldn't disagree more with the OP.

I'm happy to say i've been a Sheamus fan since his ECW debut and i've been calling that he would win the Rumble for months, it was obvious.

The guy is an actual fucking star unlike your prescious Cody as he's the one appearing on talk shows, PPV posters, advertising campaigns etc etc.

Saying the WWE decided to push him because he's Irish is totally naive. How about they're pushing him because the fans really like him hence them shockingly turning him face? The guy isn't monsterly over, but he's still over more than 95% of the other guys and that's only gonna increase over the coming months.

People just like to focus on the fact that he's pale and ginger and totally disregard that guy is an extremely solid worker and can work several different styles which is another plus.

For once the WWE is actually pushing someone who is in the right place to be pushed.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It would only be a mistake if Sheamus wasn't over and didn't seem like he couldn't handle being a main eventer but he is one of the more over guys right now which is amazing considering he does short feuds with the likes of piss ons like Jinder. He seems to handle doing PR work well and think he can handle what comes with being a main eventer.

That said I'm kind of expecting the idea that got brought up that he uses it to challenge Taker which will kind of suck since we all know who wins that. But if he uses it for a title shot then he will for sure win the title off of Bryan.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm proud of Cody, and what he has been able to do. But I don't confuse him with a true superstar. He will have an awesome year with a WHC run, but he'll never be a true superstar.

Sheamus is an Irish Hacksaw Jim Duggen. That's it. Great for international buy. It has everything to do with that. You want to argue my business points, but when I tell you how it works, you'll be crying foul. And I'll get infracted for educating you.

I'm moving on, it's done. It's over. It is what it is. And there is nothing I can do.

I'd be interested in what you could 'educate' me about, considering you've been on this forum a week making all sorts of outlandish claims and outright lies turning yourself into a laughing stock. I'm not really sure what your deal is, whether you're a troll or just dense enought to believe your own delusions. Just skip the subtle "I'm superior to all of you" act though, because I can assure you that you aren't.

As for comparing Sheamus to Jim Duggan, its just another ridiculous nugget from you.

Sheamus is a great worker, over with fans, unique and good with the media side outside the ring. Duggan was a career midcarder who acted like a spastic.

Zen

Reaction score
You know, That's just not true. You are right about the WM PPV it's self being sold on Rock vs Cena and Taker Vs HHH, and that will be enough to get a 2.45 PPV BR.

False. Wrestlemania has always been sold on the back of the biggest stars, and even wrestling in some instances. For example, despite their mad "wrestling skillz", the WCW CW division wasn't the selling point of WCW, Hogan, the NWO and the other big stars were. This is simply how it has always been done. Cena is the biggest star in the company, and Rocky is an even bigger star than him, with plenty of mainstream following to boot and an equally popular career in wrestling. At this stage the World Heavyweight title will be FOURTH on the card at the very least(after Rocky/Cena, WWE Title Match, HHH/Taker), if not even further down the card. Needless to say, most people won't be buying tickets for that. It(WHC match) is a nice supplementary bout, but nothing more than that. Most WWE stars are not "draws" in a meaningful sense, only the people at the top and the WWE brand itself is.

But I truely dont want to shell out $65 to see a 4 hour PPV with just 2 matches to look forward to. I love Shaq so if he gets Big Show, That would be an added bonus but not what I would buy WM for.

A really good Mania has one great match, maybe 2 good matches and everything else is usually average or sub-par, if that. Wrestlemania is more about marketing, the spectacle and the commercial extravaganza, not the premier event with solid wrestling. Then of course there are the Manias that aren't even that. It has always been overpriced.
That is fine
Cody, or Dolph made a lot more scence to win the RR, if your talking about a card where you can put guys in championship matches B/C they can afford to.

Sheamus is more over, more credible and far more ready to ascend to the top than either Cody or Dolph. Sheamus is a great in ring worker, has above average charisma, has a name value and what not. He is the one who should be given an opportunity this year. His previous WWE title wins and feuds were merely a glimpse into a Main Event career, his next reign will solidify that status. It would be another thing if you were to claim that you personally prefer those two to Sheamus, but to say that those two choices make more sense is simply not true at this stage.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sheamus has a lot in common with Batista. Turned by the fans, so over that they went with him winning, and has a unique look and hard working personality to give their their faith. He also passes the one true test that makes even the casual love him, as Batista has said time and time again, unlike most on the roster he looks like he can really kick a mans ass with his body, facial expression, and every move he makes which gives him the sheer believability factor that guys like Taker, Kane, HHH, and so on have

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Idk if he got turned by the fans as he didn't get face reactions by a heel but when they did turn him they bought into him more as time went on.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Idk if he got turned by the fans as he didn't get face reactions by a heel but when they did turn him they bought into him more as time went on.
You mean Sheamus or Batista?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
My bad was talking about Sheamus not Batista. Batista was indeed a pure case of the fans turning him while they kept teasing tension between him and Evolution.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ok well the fans deffo turned Sheamus face that's for sure and it all started at MITB when he powerbombed Sin Cara through that ladder if you remember? Granted it was a smark card beings it was in Chicago but he was still getting cheered afterwards and those cheers grew when he wanted to fight Henry I believe?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kind of more saw that powerbomb on Cara thing to them reacting more so to the fact that it was an awesome spot than it was than them taking a liking to Sheamus. Plus like you said it was in a smart town. I wasn't really counting the Henry thing as by then it became obvious they wanted him to be face and the fans started to buy into it since at the time Henry was starting his big heel run.