WWE is on fire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Jericho hasnt main evented Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania X8 its about time hes back in the main event hopefully he retains and keeps the feud going

xtremebadass

The Rumble Winner hasn't won the belt at Mania since WM23...I think Edge pretty much is locked to win this.

Although if this isn't the main event I could possibly see Jericho weaseling his way to a victory.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I really wouldn't say they're on fire. After all, they did have a pillow fight last longer than 2 qualifier matches for Mania. As for the build-up, it's alright. I don't like how they are setting up some of the matches though. I mean why did Mysterio distract Punk so he wouldn't get in the MitB? He pinned Punk in the Chamber match. Shouldn't Punk have attacked Mysterio? Sheamus randomly appears and attacks Triple H? Tista doesn't like Cena because he's "the company man" yet Tista has alligned himself with the guy that runs the company. I could care less about Hart/Vince.

MitB is shaping up real nicely though. :) No Miz, Kingston, Morrison, or Truth so either they'll still get in or they'll have singles/tag match.

Areoplex

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that they are fire but they are putting on some good shows and got me interested in WM a lot! I too wasn't very interested in seeing HBK vs Undertaker part II but now the add stipulation of HBK's retiring if he loses I am really looking forward to it especially with that awesome video package they had.

Edge vs Jericho shall be an awesome match and I am happy to see Jericho featured in a high profile, his first since about WM 19. Edge and Jericho will be able to put on a fantastic match that could be match of the night. I would love to see Jericho come out as the winner but Edge will probably win but I won't be that down if he does.

MITB looks pretty good as new people are getting a chance to showcase themselves, I doubt it will be anything new but it will still be a fun match to watch and with Christian looking the odds on favourite it gets even better.

Cena vs Batista has gotten really good I think. I used to hate Batista but his heel turn has been entertaining and he plays it much better. Cena has played his role and it seems as if Cena will have no way to win but ofcourse he will.

Punk vs Mysterio will be amazing. An awesome midcard since about WM 20 which was ofcourse Christian vs Jericho. They already showed us how great they could be in the Chamber, imagine that in a longer match on the greatest PPV ever.

Vince vs Bret is not as good any more but I am glad they aren't as attached to the Cena vs Batista feud. I doubt it will stick as a singles match for very long and I see it turning into a street fight which could be mildly entertaining as Vince still puts in some big bumps.

If Triple H and Sheamus have a match, I am looking forward to that, Sheamus proved to me he wasn't all that shit and Triple H can put people ever if needed. They could put on a entertaining match.

I'm looking forward to Orton vs Ted Dibiase or Cody which ever one they have. I could see them having a Triple Threat with Cody possibly turning on Ted. Whichever way it should be good.

So this WM looks packed full of good matches, especially Single matches! Plus we have got to add an Intercontinental match or a US title match and possibly the tag titles. I'd still be happy with this card and I can't wait until WM now.

Klide

I'm satisfied with the effort, WWE is HOT.

This year's Wrestlemania is shaping up to be the most stacked card in recent momory, there's so much going on, so many storylines to follow, it just makes each show feel like a "can't miss" event and I'm happy about it. RAW tonight, barring some awful guest host segments, made me wish Wrestlemania was tomorrow because there's so much to look forward to. Taker/HBK, Bret/Vince, Punk/Rey, Trips/Sheamus, Cena/Batista, Orton/Legacy, Jericho/Edge, and MITB...ALL ON ONE CARD!!!

On top of ALL this, WWE is set to bring in "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to guest host RAW, who knows what they have planned for that show. Could we see the return of Jim Ross? Will Austin have something to say about the ongoing Vince/Bret saga?

WWE's done a lot wrong over the past few months, but with this month being the final home stretch before Mania, I have to admit they've got me hook line and sinker. I just hope they can keep this up AFTER Mania as well, its great to finally enjoy WWE again.

TNA on the other hand....ugh.

Thoughts?

Agreed like WM XIX this years WM has 4 main event type matches

Reaction score
Apparently this is the last Raw Guest Host too, couldn't have a better fit host to be the last one.

They've already announced the stars of Hot Tub Time Machine as hosting the night after Mania. Don't stop believing though man.

Jericho finally is getting to "main event" Wrestlemania which he is imo more then deserving.

Jericho was in the main event of WMX8.....

straight_edge76

I know that he main evented Wrestlemania X8 but since his return he has done more then enough imo to be headlining Mania with a good program (which he is NOT getting) my mistake I should have rephrased my statement.