• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE is considering moving SummerSlam to a large boat or the beach

Dale

Super Moderator
As of this writing, WWE SummerSlam is set for the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida but company officials are considering moving the event to another location.

In a PWInsider Elite update, Mike Johnson reported that at least one outdoor location is in consideration.

Johnson said that talks have been going on regarding moving the show to the beach or on a boat with two sources confirming talks about the boat being home for some or all matches.

There is no word on what has been decided but presumably, a decision will come soon since they would want to announce this on WWE television. An outdoor venue would greatly reduce the chances of COVID-19 exposure so that’s another reason to move the show out of the PC.

WCW held Bash at the Beach events on the beach in the mid-90s. As recently as this year, AEW taped Dynamite on Chris Jericho’s cruise.
Please do this, it would be a much needed break from the PC shows.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'd prefer a beach to a boat just bc Jericho has his boat thing, that said the boat idea is super cool so they can steal it.

Beach might be more practical, but either way WWE has gotten so good at setting up their default arenas that I worry this shit might still look like the PC :lmao

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
I was gonna say... if they do a boat, I can't wait till people start moaning that they're stealing ideas from AEW :lmao

I'm gonna be salty about Summerslam no matter where it's held cos I should be there dammit lol. But a different venue than the PC could be nice.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Good luck trying with the boat theme since August - September are the peaks of Hurricane season. I give them A for thought effort.