WWE international presence

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Markz

Reaction score
It has come to a point where WWE have no room to grow larger...within America.

I feel that WWE should have a stronger international presence, I think it should broacast more shows from different locations around the world, this way the crowd presence will be better and also it would be anouther step forward for the wrestling organisation we all know and love.
At the same time this could benefit the smaller companys throughout the world, if WWE is drawing a bigger crowd within a country, more people will be willing to watch the more regular shows from their home country. Therefore helping the wrestling organisation as a whole.

Thoughts?

HHHforever

Reaction score
I'm so tired of every American sport or whatever trying to leave the country and expand more and more. The WWE is an American company, that's where it came from and that's where it should stay. I have no problem with all the house shows and the live shows they do a couple times a year, actually I think it's a great idea. But anything past that isn't necissary in my opinion and in the long run would hurt more than it would help.

Edit: The international base they currently have is more than enough I think anyway.

Markz

Reaction score
But you have to think what is good for business, also WWE is getting better crowds and PPV buys outside of the USA, more than they ever had before!

Airfixx

@ HHFever... American made n'all that... ;o]

C'mon due you've been UNSUCCESFULLY been trying to export your sports since day zero... At least the rest of the world WANTS pro-wrestling. LOL

Based on the fact that SSlam 92 was one of the WWF/WWEs biggest ever draws, I'd say they fucked up by not following up with a proeper regular UK-based PPV (Not insurrextion and such... Something that actually continues the path of the current fueds and where you might, just might, get a title change into the bargain...)

Generally, since '92 the best we've had over here has been the equivalent of raw/sd matches. Keeps us sweet, but meh.....

HHHforever

Reaction score
Mehh, I'm still not sold that international PPV's and such would make that much more money for the WWE, no offense to you guys that live out of the states.

The fact is that the schedule on these wrestlers is tough enough already without making them travel out of the country for PPV's on a regular basis. If they were going to try something like this, I still don't think it's that great of an idea but hypothetically speaking, they would have have to stay there for a week or two which is asking a lot of the wrestlers. They'd have to do a Raw show in that country then stay there for that week and do house shows then have the PPV there on Sunday. Personally I don't think it'd work and it'd take to much of an unnessicary tole on the wrestlers, but if they were to do it that's how I'd do it.

kingovkings

Reaction score
well i live in UK and personally i don't think that having a ppv every year say over here in the long run would benefit the wwe. For 1 the wrestlers have a rough arse schedule as it is with out flying out the country for extra days or a week away from home. I think it would leave the wrestlers tired which in turn would lead to injuries no doubt which would mess up story lines and shit. Yeah it might make a bit more money but at the expense of wrestlers. And i really enjoy and get hyped up when wwe is due in the UK for like wrestle mania revenge tour or survivor series tour. yeah i wouldn't mind a ppv done over here once in awhile but not every year its better and more exciting when its not as frequent. my opinion anyways i guess other international fans wont agree :p

Airfixx

2 points...

They come over on tour every year anyway.

I concur it wouldn't make that much difference over night, but harking back to what I said earlier, if they have followed up the success of SSlam 92 they might be in a different position right now.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^As I said they would have to do it during the week they were there, but trust me this would totally change their schedules around. I seriously don't think that doing a PPV a year would make the WWE that much more money than a PPV in America and would be nothing more than an unnecissary inconvience to the wrestlers.