WWE interested in NJPW Star

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE officials are reportedly very interested in bringing current New Japan Pro Wrestling star Prince Devitt, who may or may not be contracted to the promotion.

The story goes that Adrian Neville (the former Pac) was signed by WWE because William Regal brought a tape of Neville vs. Devitt to Triple H. This led to WWE going right after Pac.

The interest in Devitt continues. His name keeps coming up within WWE in regards to names who they would like to reach out to.

:mark: I would fucking mark out so hard for Devitt. One of my favorite wrestlers in NJPW, amazing guy with amazing talent.

Those who don't know him, just watch this match;

[video=youtube;W9ju3HcitdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ju3HcitdI[/video]

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Maybe Triple H having a greater role in the company will lead to more signings like this if it does happen of course.

Have been very impressed with Devitt from what I have seen. His match with Jushin Liger I saw in London this year is one of my favourite of the year so far. Actually think he is better than Pac overall.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Easily better than PAC without a doubt.

I really love Devitt and he is a talented wrestler, hope HHH signs him.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
How did the last two signings from NJPW go? Wasn't Yoshi Tatsu and Giant Bernard just workin' there? It's not like they don't have talent. I'll wait to see how they utilize him as well as they have the US Indy talent they've got lately but first WWE has to throw a bunch a money at him.

I would really enjoy seeing this guy in WWE under the right circumstances of course.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Devitt & PAC would make an interesting Tag Team in NXT, should PAC split from Cory Graves if Devitt signs. Or a PAC/Devitt feud would be really good to see.

But i'd like to see him get signed. He's a great talent and has done well in NJPW for a number of years.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Too small.

At least he's not a Jap though. Might have a decent career on nXt.

Scorpionking

Banned
Reaction score
It would be nice to Jushin Thunder Liger come to the WWE, he's a legend in the wrestling industry and is a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame. It would be nice to see him in a match with a high flyer like Rey Mysterio or Justin Gabriel.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Seen little but heard a lot about this guy so it's hard for me to give any thoughts on him. He could end up having a good career, I think he could easily get over whether it's in a tag team or solo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Seen little but heard a lot about this guy so it's hard for me to give any thoughts on him. He could end up having a good career, I think he could easily get over whether it's in a tag team or solo.

I think he is already on his way to a great career with or without WWE's help.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think he is already on his way to a great career with or without WWE's help.

I know NJPW is doing great at the moment but unless Japanese wrestling gets back close to where they were in the 90s then his career won't be great unless he has a good WWE run because they're the only global wrestling promotion in the world. Having an enjoyable career and a great career are two different things. One's based on how he's perceived, the other is based on success in the business (and no, not championships)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I know NJPW is doing great at the moment but unless Japanese wrestling gets back close to where they were in the 90s then his career won't be great unless he has a good WWE run because they're the only global wrestling promotion in the world. Having an enjoyable career and a great career are two different things. One's based on how he's perceived, the other is based on success in the business (and no, not championships)

I get that, but then if WWE waste him in the undercard then his run there could be forgotten in a blink. I hope he gets the chance to shine there, but its wait and see at this point.

Weez

Reaction score
What in the hell is it with these indy guys and their obsession with the goddamn double stomp? You're 145 lbs. It doesn't hurt. Just sharing my thoughts with you halfway through this match. So far it been very bland. If this crowd is any indication, the Japanese crowd may be changing. They're a lot less reserved than many matches I've watched over the years. Will edit when done with the match lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What in the hell is it with these indy guys and their obsession with the goddamn double stomp? You're 145 lbs. It doesn't hurt. Just sharing my thoughts with you halfway through this match. So far it been very bland. If this crowd is any indication, the Japanese crowd may be changing. They're a lot less reserved than many matches I've watched over the years. Will edit when done with the match lol

A 145 pound guy jumping full weight on your chest (unless you're real big like Henry or Show maybe) would still hurt quite a lot. I don't care for the move much at all, but realistically it's a good one, I just don't like watching it.

Weez

Reaction score
A 145 pound guy jumping full weight on your chest (unless you're real big like Henry or Show maybe) would still hurt quite a lot. I don't care for the move much at all, but realistically it's a good one, I just don't like watching it.

It's a good move that always looks fake as all hell. Its only a good move if it looks like it hurts. I respect safety of the performers, but if it looks like you're trying to not hurt them, you're doing it wrong.

Okay, so I thought I was halfway through it, turns out there was just 9 minutes of celebrating that I didn't watch. Sorry, nothing about this match jumped out at me as "Special." Both guys were athletic, I didn't see any blown spots, but it was just kinda meh.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Now that's interesting news.

I think someone like Devitt would fit in perfectly with WWE. He has a good build, appealing moveset, and is used to the slower pace seen in the WWE thanks to his many years in New Japan.

Don't know if it'll happen, or if it'd be a good career choice for him, so I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Since when is being under contract with the biggest promotion in Japan "indy"? That doesn't make any sense.

The move is fine as well, and actually suits someone who is around that weight. You can't have heavy wrestlers doing moves like that because they'd probably hurt their opponent and break their ankles in the process.