WWE Insight: Week 1:The Current State of the WWE (#HEELRaghe)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
wwe.jpg

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has enjoyed their week. #HEELRaghe here, and this is my first time posting an article, I hope to do this every week. And for this week is extra special, as we are analyzing the current state of the WWE. Basically what we are going to be doing is analyzing what the WWE has planned so far for MITB,and what they are planning to do come Summerslam. I'll give you my insight,critique, and suggestions on whether or not the WWE has hit a green light, or hit it right into left field. Enjoy!

WWE Money in the Bank.jpg
Money in the Bank is set for July 15th and so far we have 2 matches currently on the card, with the exception of Smackdown spoilers. The WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match that will feature: John Cena, Kane,Chris Jericho, and Big Show, as well as the WWE Championship match itself that will consist of the two best technical wrestlers in the WWE: CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Both matches are set to be great but I have a BIG problem with the WWE Championship Money in the Bank match. Vikkie Guerrero said on RAW, that only ex WWE Champions can partake in the Money in the Bank match.... Woah. Last time I checked, Money in the Bank is to push younger talent, and to create emerging stars. Whether the WWE likes it or not, the amount of star power in this match is great, but limiting the match to only former champions makes the future of the WWE even more bleak then ever. I mean, what better way then to create a new star, this is how you created Daniel Bryan,The Miz, this is how you elevated CM Punk's career on Smackdown, the Money in the Bank, makes champions, restricting it to Cena,Kane,Show,and Jericho. At the end of the day you can narrow it down and you will eventually know who is going to win. So I'm pretty bummed, as I wanted to see Ziggler win the WWE Championship Money in the Bank, I can still have that fantasy of Ziggler winning a briefcase if he's inserted into the WHC Money in the Bank. Althoiugh I wanted Cody to win, you gotta pick your poison.

Reaction:
Yellow Light

wwe mitb.jpg
CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan is slated for Money in the Bank, and it is going to be a classic. Their chemistry of course has been built since ROH, but their classic match at Over the Limit is already being regarded as Match of the Year! Their match at No Way Out was above average with the cluster-fuck of Kane, but now that the WWE is focusing on Bryan and Punk for Money in the Bank it should be a 5 star match. I think Daniel Bryan will walk out of Phoenix with the WWE Championship. WWE Officials have been contemplating giving Daniel Bryan the Championship for the 2nd straight PPV. At both Over the Limit and No Way Out, WWE Officials were wondering if giving Bryan the Championship was a good idea, ultimately they decided against it, but Punk should lose the Championship at Money in the Bank. Let's look it this way, Punk has solidified himself as a top star in the WWE, Bryan still has much to prove, and I feel he can stay relevant with the WWE Championship. Now last summer was the "Summer of Punk" Cena passed the torch to Punk as one of the top stars in the WWE, and Cena realized that Punk is being taken seriously as a WWE Superstar, the same should happen in 3 weeks at Money in the Bank. Punk should pass the torch to Bryan, and Bryan would be running with the WWE Championship. This would be a great set of events, Punk would be moving on to new feuds, and a possibility at a heel turn, while Bryan would solidify his heel character while maintaining the WWE Championship for months to come.

Reaction: Green Light, if booked correctly

summerslam-2012-poster_large.jpg
All signs point to Triple H vs Brock Lesnar for Summerslam, what the real question is how is the WWE going to book it? I felt the storyline was being rushed by introducing the match offer at No Way Out, now we have 2 months of a guessing game of whether or not Brock Lesnar will accept the offer, which he ultimately will. I do understand the appearances that Brock Lesnar can make in his weird WWE contract, but the fact remains that I don't think WWE should have rushed the storyline at No Way Out, but Creative needed something to intrigue the audience but there could have been other ways of doing this. I do understand the thin roster, and the recent suspensions of Orton,Jericho,Mysterio and the untimely injury of Alberto Del Rio, so that is one of the many reasons why Triple H cut that promo, I felt building the WWE Championship match more than the Big Show/Cena match would have done wonders. Cena is not bigger than the WWE Championship, but apparently to the WWE he is. I don't like it, but meh my opinion means nothing. As for Lesnar/HHH, rumors are beginning to surface, that John Laurinaitis will return and be in Brock Lesnar's corner at Summerslam, while Vince McMahon will be in HHH's corner, and this will begin to spark another feud, but the real question is who will go over? Does the WWE really want HHH, to lose two straight appearances? He's fresh off a Wrestlemania loss, so can the WWE afford another loss at another big time pay per view. At the same time, if Brock Lesnar loses, the WWE totally is screwing up with the booking of Brock Lesnar. Rumors are surfacing that he's supposed to face Taker at Mania, so if WWE wants Brock to look strong, and a viable opponent he needs to beat Triple H at Summerslam, besides Lesnar lost to Cena at Extreme Rules, and losing to HHH at Summerslam would be a complete waste of Brock Lesnar's services, because after Summerslam his next big apperance is Wrestlemania 29. It's unknown whether or not he'll work Survivor Series, or the Rumble. But only time will tell.

Reaction:
Yellow Light, could turn RED if booked horribly. Yellow Light at best.

Thanks for your time guys, next week there will be another insight and that will be completely based on the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match.

Reactions: 1 person

Pete

Reaction score
Nice debut, although from the title I was expecting an actual dissection of the WWE as a product...Oh well.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
Ahaa, I see the point you were getting at, I hope I didnt provide false advertisement. I do hope to do a dissection of the WWE as a whole soon. Expect it right after Money in the Bank.

SAL

Reaction score
Do whatever you want dude! And keep doing it well. I don't agree with everything you wrote (for example, HHH could lose his next 50 matches and he'd be fine), but you put it out there well. Keep it up!