WWE Greatest Stars of the 2000's?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Please expand on that... Just intrigued where you're coming from.

The Acolytes pre-date Bossman's return. Are you just getting at the idea that he's a no-frills, stiff worker?

Yeah only implying that the styles are similar. His moderate success speaks wonders as he was always an enforcer role who was stiff. He was a figurehead of the attitude era. when he switched to Swat and was apart of the Corporation he was gold. He had good chemistry with Rocky and was probably the exact opposite of Rocky's character which made those matches intriguing. (evenmoreso during Rocky's turn) His work with taker was really good and considering that the whole uppercard was stacked with 'superstars' he pulled his weight. his tag team stuff was great and he was in the hardcore division.
Solid stiff worker that put on good matches for the most part. Really good worker with no mic work. JBL style's is loosely based though with jbl excellent mic work but sloppy inring work(unless he cared, his wm matches are sweet shit) Bossman officially left in 03 and JBL gimmick changed in 04
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g6vd_raw-big-bossman-vs-mankind-ladder-m_sport

NinoBrown

Reaction score
No Benoit, JBL or Angle then it's nothing but an overhaul of HHH/Orton or HHH/Cena or HHH/Batista matches.

rwest35

Reaction score
Very simple answer, but I will give a top 15 for both wwe and Tna.
Wwe:
15. Jeff Hardy
14. Rey Mysterio
13. JBL
12. Chris Beniot
11. Brock Lesnar
10. HBK
9. Edge
8. Chris Jericho
7. Randy Orton
6. Eddie Guerrero
5. The Rock
4. Austin
3. The Undertaker
2. HHH
1. John Cena

TNA
15. Ken Anderson
14. Christopher Daniels
13. Mic Foley
12. Booker T
11. Scott Steiner
10. Kevin Nash
9. RVD
8. Abyss
7. Ron "the Truth" Killings
6. Christian
5. Jeff Jarrett
4. Samoa Joe
3. Sting
2. AJ Styles
1. Kurt Angle

straight_edge76

Reaction score
And why in the hell should Anderson be included in the TNA list over names like AMW, Triple X and Jerry Lynn (who was intricate in the early days of TNA)?

And tbh, I would put AJ at #1, he is to TNA what Sting was to wCw in the 90s imo.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I kinda just ignored his TNA list. RVD and Anderson didn't come in til this year. And he left off names like you mentioned. Not having LAX, AMW, having Daniels so low on the list, and not having any X guys (besides Joe, AJ, Daniels) kinda made me not want to say anything.

Reaction score
If I had to do a TNA list:
1. AJ Stykes
2. Jeff Jarrett
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Abyss
5. James Storm
6. Samoa Joe
7. Kurt Angle
8. Sting
9. Jerry Lynn
10. Petey Williams
11. Monty fucking Brown
12. Chris Sabin
13. Ron Killings
14. Chris Harris
15. Glenn Gilberti- for real

for WWE:

1. John Cena
2. Edge
3. Triple H
4. Undertaker
5. HBK
6. Batista
7. Rey Misterio
8. Eddy Guerrero
9. Chris Jericho
10. Randy Orton
11. Hardy Boyz
12. Kurt Angle
13. Chris Benoit
14. Duddleyz
15. JBL

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
1. John Cena
2. Edge
3. Triple H
4. Undertaker
5. HBK
6. Batista
7. Rey Misterio

8. Eddy Guerrero
9. Chris Jericho
10. Randy Orton
11. Hardy Boyz
12. Kurt Angle
13. Chris Benoit
14. Duddleyz

15. JBL

Again, in the limited time of the decade they spent with the company, what Rock & Austin meant to WWE is far above anything these guys achieved COMBINED. BTW, I highlight Benoit because he killed his family and then himself. As far as I'm concerned, he'll always be a joke.

-TJ-

Reaction score
There's so much wrong with what you just posted that it's disturbing. I do agree with Enzo's list, but I feel he's missing out on a few people. Robert Roode for TNA? If you're gonna add Angle there for the limited time he's been there, you could add Christian to the TNA list. Raven on TNA's list? How about The Rock for WWE's list? And finally, what about Big Show?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If I had to do a TNA list:
1. AJ Styles
2. Jeff Jarrett
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Abyss
5. James Storm
6. Samoa Joe
7. Kurt Angle
8. Sting
9. Jerry Lynn
10. Petey Williams
11. Monty fucking Brown
12. Chris Sabin
13. Ron Killings
14. Chris Harris
15. Glenn Gilberti- for real

LAX? Christian Cage? Both of them can take Glenn Gilberti and Jerry Lynn's place.

Reaction score
John Cena - He's been WWEs cornerstone for the past 5 years.

HHH - Definitely been a major player these past 10 years, He really came out of his shell in 1999 and became a major player around that time (Before that, he was just Shawn's assistant).

Randy Orton - He has made a massive impact in WWE these last few years. From splitting up with Evolution to facing Cena in 10 consecutive PPVs.

Edge - From being a punk in 1999, Edge really has had several impressing championship reigns. From his wedding to Vickie, to his passionate sex with Lita, he's always entertained us with one interesting gimmick.

JBL - His title reign from 04-05 was great and I loved his character. He formed his own stable and even did an amazing job at commentary. Is there anything this man can't do?

Batista - He reached the best point of his WWE career this year, but unfortunately quit.

Chris Jericho - He wasn't really know and didn't hit the main event until 2002 but he has always been somewhere in WWE. With his witty and clever promos, he has entertained us many times.

Rey Mysterio - If WWE were to create a DVD, They'd include this man for his 2006 world title run.

Big Show - His championship run in 02 wasn't too impressive and didn't last long but his Tag reign was great and he worked with Miz and Jericho - He did so well that he was rewarded with a world title challenge with Swagger.

The Undertaker - You could argue that he had better times in the 90s, but I think he's had his best years in the past 10. He had that biker gimmick for a few years and dominated Smackdown for over 7 years. He has had tons of title shots and has captured the belt several times in the past 10 years. I think he, arguably, has had his best 10 years during this period.

Reaction score
Dude Chris jericho has been main eventing since 2001 ....thats a good list though and what about the Rock and steve austin and kurt angle?

Reaction score
Stone Cold & Rock had their best years back in the attitude era.. As for Angle, It's possible.