WWE getting rid of 1 of the 2 top Championships?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Braun has been booked very well recently for a start, plus you're missing Brock (I doubt anyone could deny the company have pretty much bent over backwards to appease him.) They care about plenty of guys on the roster, sure Roman is the focus but to act like it's solely all about Reigns and Seth is serious hyperbole.

Sorry dude disagree with all of this

Braun shouldn't just be some scary guy who eventually gets beaten by the super hero... He IS! the super hero

Should be booked as the new Brock...

Roman will run through him & beat Brock at WM when it should be the other way... Braun running through Roman & sending him packing, making everybody happy, then beating Brock for the belt at WM....

but first should have destroyed Big Show at WM 1on1 with Shaq as the ref...

But they just couldn't shut up about Shaq wrestling

He also would have been a better fit to beat Takers streak OR his career

-Destroy Show
-End Taker
-Beat Roman
-Beat Brock

...WWE would have had a new legendary monster because none of it is working for Roman

Last edited:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sorry dude disagree with all of this

Braun shouldn't just be some scary guy who eventually gets beaten by the super hero... He IS! the super hero

Should be booked as the new Brock...

Roman will run through him & beat Brock at WM when it should be the other way... Braun running through Roman & sending him packing, making everybody happy, then beating Brock for the belt at WM....

but first should have destroyed Big Show at WM 1on1 with Shaq as the ref...

But they just couldn't shut up about Shaq wrestling

He also would have been a better fit to beat Takers streak OR his career

-Destroy Show
-End Taker
-Beat Roman
-Beat Brock

...WWE would have had a new legendary monster because none of it is working for Roman

How does any of this mean they don't care about Braun, sorry it seems you've jumped around from 'To be honest, I don't think they give 2 shits about the rest of RAW either unless your name is Roman or his butt buddy Seth' to some random fantasy over-booking (in my opinion only of course we're always fans of our own booking so to speak.)

Could they have book Braun differently? Absolutely. Does the booking they've given him indicate they don't care about him? Absolutely not.

If Braun goes over Roman (which rumours indicate is possible, of course nothing is certain - Backstage News Regarding Plans For Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar – PWMania ) it'll be a continuation of good booking he's had recently, especially if he has a good showing against Brock at their future match. Even if he is does job to Roman he's still had a good build and shown that the company cares about him.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How does any of this mean they don't care about Braun, sorry it seems you've jumped around from 'To be honest, I don't think they give 2 shits about the rest of RAW either unless your name is Roman or his butt buddy Seth' to some random fantasy over-booking (in my opinion only of course we're always fans of our own booking so to speak.)

Could they have book Braun differently? Absolutely. Does the booking they've given him indicate they don't care about him? Absolutely not

Your opinion dude...

I've been following WWE for a long time & the focus is clear.

Also... Braun ain't going over Roman bud... Ever

at least not in the long run

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Your opinion dude...

I've been following WWE for a long time & the focus is clear.

Also... Braun ain't going over Roman bud... Ever

at least not in the long run
Eh focus isn't the same as not giving a shit about any other guy lol. We'll have to wait and see if Braun goes over Roman in their next match up,I could see it happening especially in a gimmick match.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Eh focus isn't the same as not giving a shit about any other guy lol. We'll have to wait and see if Braun goes over Roman in their next match up,I could see it happening especially in a gimmick match.

One match sometime maybe... A whole feud?? Nobody will ever go over Roman that way...

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Monsters are always built up to be torn down. That's basic wrestling. A monster heel getting overcome by the main babyface does not ruin him.

Braun is going to be built up tremendously over a longer period of time before Roman finally goes over. Remember, Rusev had a near 2 year run as a unstoppable monster before Cena finally overcame him at mania 31. Braun is going to have something similar because if there is one thing McMahon knows, it is how to build a monster.

We're in for a great 6-8 month program between Roman and Braun which will pay off in a bunch of fantastic slugfest matches between the two which will lead to Roman vs Brock which will be great once more.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Nah. First, we know they can't get rid of the WWE Championship. That is likely at this point the most prestigious belt in North America. Other than the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, it has the most history. And I know no one really thought they would drop it, but I just felt like putting that out there.

But there is no way they would dump the Universal title less than or only a year after creating it. That would, in essence, point to the entire thing being a failure, which it really hasn't been.

They could do a switch but I don't see that coming either. I don't see Roman going to Smackdown anytime soon and it's gonna be the Universal belt he is going for.

Pretty much, as people have mentioned, Bray will just not win the belt back.

TheList

Jobber
Reaction score
I could see Bray and Randy playing hot potato with the belt for the next couple months so they can main event PPVS with title matchs until Lesnar returns
Bray is not winning the Title back. The idea I suspect is to have Randy and Bray fight at the Raw Ppv to distract from Brock not being around. Once That is over you will have Randy Vs Aj and AJ will take the belt back and ultimately lose it to Cena. As for Brock? He will keep the title until a Heel Roman Reigns takes it. Maybe a triple threat with Braun?

Reactions: Stopspot

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Bray is not winning the Title back. The idea I suspect is to have Randy and Bray fight at the Raw Ppv to distract from Brock not being around. Once That is over you will have Randy Vs Aj and AJ will take the belt back and ultimately lose it to Cena. As for Brock? He will keep the title until a Heel Roman Reigns takes it. Maybe a triple threat with Braun?

AJ is fighting Kevin Owens tho for the US title after Payback.