WWE Friday Night SmackDown: November 8, 2019 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Can you blame me? That was awful

If you’re gonna call me out, call me out for losing faith when he failed to cash-in

I wasn't active then but I wish I was after he lost to fuckin' Jinder :lmao

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I wasn't active then but I wish I was after he lost to fuckin' Jinder :lmao
In like 5 seconds. I have never sobered up so quickly in my life :lmao

Then he proceeded to lose to Cena in the opening match of Summerslam. I almost abandoned ship

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In like 5 seconds. I have never sobered up so quickly in my life :lmao

Then he proceeded to lose to Cena in the opening match of Summerslam. I almost abandoned ship

I applaud you for never changing your avi

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It was a gift from Fab....I’m contemplating changing it now :side:

Nah you gotta honor his legacy so we remember what he once was

Reactions: Cwalker

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Corbin is still awful. :ortonout

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Nah you gotta honor his legacy so we remember what he once was
Haven’t been this disappointed since Dean Ambrose won the WWE Title

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Felt like a really rough program overall tonight.

In terms of segments, Corbin's promo to kick off the show ran way too long and was just overall bad, especially since I generally consider Corbin one of the stronger talkers.

Then Sasha and Bayley's interview was truly tough to watch. Bayley trying to play the tough guy flopped miserably in comparison to that confrontation Becky and Shayna had on Monday. Then she went on to stink it up on commentary. Meanwhile Graves is suddenly speaking up for the WWE Universe and shunning Bayley for turning her back on the fans? Since when does he care about them at all?

And what's with Gable being a snitch? "Roman! Roman! Thank God you're here! Corbin was just saying he's going to beat you up!" :side: He came across like a real geek in that segment. The name and ring attire doesn't exactly help matters.

Then you've got the Fury segment, which I understand why you'd bring him out here, but it was just straight filler. You got the most lukewarm "Yes!" chant I've ever seen and some of the hammiest dialogue imaginable by Braun. "They're gonna get all four of these hands!" :fpalm The B Team was great, to their credit. I actually miss those guys being a regular part of TV. They've got a Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly kind of dynamic.

And once again the NXT attacks were so empty. On Raw, they at least added some extra layers to the NXT takeover but here on Smackdown we just reverted back to hit and run attacks with no real context or impact. I might be alone on this but I feel like the attacks are just not cutting it. You have to at least have one talking segment to further the brand warfare storyline. What makes it worse is Michael Cole saying all night that the big guns are here tonight for Smackdown, yet NXT still gets over on them all throughout the night and it seems like no one from Smackdown even gives a damn. No one on that roster is cutting a promo calling out NXT or challenging them to a fight. At best you just had a few of the SD guys running out to chase Imperium off. They are not doing a good job making this thing seem like a heated rivalry between brands like they are on Raw.

The New Day and Revival had an awesome match but it's still a shame to see Kofi happy to win another tag championship when he was just the leading man on Smackdown a month ago. I'm going to try to remain optimistic for the most part but the early signs are not good that Kofi is ever going to get a serious singles run again.

I'm a really big fan of the idea to have Zayn lead a faction, especially if it's going to be filled with guys like Nakamura and Cesaro who can cut the mustard in the ring but might need a little help on the mic. I was definitely pulling for Bryan to either join them or feud with them but it seems like his next storyline will be with The Fiend. Can't complain about that and the story is there for why The Fiend would want to terrorize Bryan.

And great, looks like Corbin could be forming yet another stable of midcard heels. Also gotta love Roode and Ziggler serving as squash fodder more or less when they just ran through the entire Raw tag team division on their first night as a tag team a couple months back. Roode unfortunately will probably never be a high profile act again and I'm not the biggest fan of Ziggler, but I still think they deserve better than this. Hell, I'd even say Reigns and Corbin deserve better than feuding against each other because I find it pretty unlikely that this program will benefit either guy in the long run.

So all in all, it just felt like a bad night for promos and storyline progression. Aside from The Fiend targeting Daniel Bryan, there was nothing on this show I really felt was meaningful. Lots of decisions were made that I wasn't a fan of and there wasn't nearly enough good wrestling to make up for it. I feel like I generally try to stay on the positive side when talking wrestling but I don't understand how this show continues to get worse and worse. :lmao

Reactions: Jimmy King