WWE Finishers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Basically anything to do with finishers in the WWE because it seems that people are getting less creative with their finishers at the moment. I cant remember the last time a new superstar thought of a good, effective and original finisher. Also what is the point in giving almost everyone the DDT as a finisher (especially the divas it just seems lazy) it is a good move but it isnt that effective and it was really annoying seeing Tommy Dreamer kick out of Christian's tornado DDT (of the second rope) when his finisher was just a normal DDT. So what are your opinions of the WWEs finishers today?

Axis

Less creative today, compared to when? Back when every finisher was a lariat or elbow drop or a simple suplex? I would say that finishers are far more creative today than they have been in the past.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
yea definitly less creative the ddt is way overused like you said. Makes no sense that certain people use them as regular moves and some as finishers. I think cody rhodes move is decent not the ddt one.

Whats shamouses finisher?

maty619

Reaction score
no i mean theyre all the same theyare all different variations on other peoples finishers like sheltons finisher (cant remember its name) its clearly a variation of the RKO just facing the other way or Ezekiel Jackson his finisher is just a Rock Bottom or R Truth taking Booker Ts Scissor Kick.

maty619

Reaction score
yea definitly less creative the ddt is way overused like you said. Makes no sense that certain people use them as regular moves and some as finishers. I think cody rhodes move is decent not the ddt one.

that big boot (which alot of superstars use as a normal move) and his powerbomb variation.

Airfixx

Makes no sense that certain people use them as regular moves and some as finishers.

It makes PERFECT sense actually.... One guy's honed a move to perfection and then adopted it as a finisher whilst the other guy hasn't. (You're at least meant to pretend these things are real remember.)

LOL... Best spelling yet... [crosses fingers for an occurrence of She-Mouse]

Anyway... His is The Celtic Cross (formerly known in WWE as The Razor's Edge)... Shame the name is ripped off of Finlay's current finisher tho' (Although I guess it's lucky for both in one respect or another that Finlay is at the stage of his career where he never get's to hit his finisher anymore anyway! LOL).

maty619

Reaction score
It doesnt seem that realistic that one person can preform a DDT better than another it is no a move that requires any skill that one person could have more of.

-TJ-

Shelton's is not a reverse RKO... It's a jumping face plant (Compare it to MISTA KENNEDY accept he's jumping)

Okay now back to subject...

The last creative finisher i've seen lately... Hmmmmm... I like JTG's finisher... DiBiase's has never been used atleast in any match I've watched without him... Drew Mcintyre is unique, but not creative. It's just how he does it. How about Gallow's Way? You know, Luke Gallow's finisher?

Yeah... not many... and they are possibilities. I want someone to use the Drunken Driver in the WWE so bad (If you don't know it, look up Josh Prohibition)

noumenon

It doesnt seem that realistic that one person can preform a DDT better than another it is no a move that requires any skill that one person could have more of.

If one person can throw a more powerful punch than another why couldn't they execute a more powerful DDT?

Drew's DDT fucking owns BTW.

And omg people... it's SHEAMUS***** it's not that hard. lol

CenaMark54

I too long for the days when a leg drop was the most devastating finisher in the universe.

Airfixx

2004 would do... JBL's lariat ftw.

The hypocrite inside me chuckles a little tho' when I think of Big Show's 'Knockout Punch'... The rest of me tries to bury that thought.

Thesz Press anyone?

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I'd like to see someone bring back the F5 and destroy people similar to below.
[yt]1woWdeFqMS8[/yt]

Reaction score
Yeah i agree todays finishers do not seem as effective or innovative such as the F-5 was, the Jack hammer, stone cold stunner, or rock Bottom

Reaction score
I think Sheamus should have kept that backbreaker finisher he used in ECW instead of using the razors edge aka Irish curse but its working out for him so more power to him. Cody Rhodes executes his finisher well even though its a move that many superstars have had in the past including Carlito and Test

MizMasta3000

LOL @ Axis.

If you want over the top crazy finishers, watch indies. You have to be safer in WWE which is why something as simple as the AA works because it's safe. Not too many guys want to be spun around and dropped on their heads in the WWE you know...it can cause injuries.