(WWE EP976 RAW Review)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sackfist said:
But is it fair then to watch it and then wait til wednesday in order to discuss topics such as Taker returns? That would be trending on Twitter for damn sure, you would be notified by this if you followed WWE on Twitter.

I guarantee that I am not the only one on this site that watched RAW early, but I don't feel I shouldn't be able to post discussions and threads about RAW, because people don't see it until Wednesday. To protect from spoilers, as Adam said watch the show before coming on to a forum site, because people who have seen it will want to talk about it. That is the only solution I see.

The discussion isn't the problem. The title mentioning it is. Your title said Taker returns. See the problem? If you had just named it Raw Review this wouldn't have been an issue.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You can talk whatever you want about RAW in this section. Just the immediate day after RAW don't have titles like "TAKER RETURNS". Give the others a chance. That way it's fair on everyone right? Not limiting any discussions.

Absolutely baffles me people saying the only solution is not to come on this forum if you've not watched RAW. That's incredible, lmao.

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Crayo said:
You can talk whatever you want about RAW in this section. Just the immediate day after RAW don't have titles like "TAKER RETURNS". Give the others a chance. That way it's fair on everyone right? Not limiting any discussions.

Absolutely baffles me people saying the only solution is not to come on this forum if you've not watched RAW. That's incredible, lmao.

But Taker Returns is a very good title for a discussion about Taker returning wouldn't you agree

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sackfist said:
But Taker Returns is a very good title for a discussion about Taker returning wouldn't you agree

This isn't a discussion about Taker returning though. It's about your review.

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
seabs said:
This isn't a discussion about Taker returning though. It's about your review.

No but for someone who wanted to discuss Taker's return. He/She would be in the same situation I am in where some people are upset.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:

Yes, but it's easily replaced with something like "Didn't expect that..." at least until late Tuesday/Early Wednesday lol. Then by all means we can have a Taker discussion thread or something.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Sackfist said:
No but for someone who wanted to discuss Taker's return. He/She would be in the same situation I am in where some people are upset.

A simple solution would be naming the thread "Big return discussion Spoilers included". The people who know he returned would have entered and discussed but the people who haven't seen it wouldn't be spoiled as to who it was.

Anyway one thing you may want to implement is an order in your reviews. It seems to jump to and from random segments. My opinion would be to order it in the same way the shows are.

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Crayo said:
Yes, but it's easily replaced with something like "Didn't expect that..." at least until late Tuesday/Early Wednesday lol. Then by all means we can have a Taker discussion thread or something.

But again it is censoring someone's words because other people come on to a very active forum site with people from all over the world, where some can watch it before others, then post topics that ruin the show for others

seabs said:
A simple solution would be naming the thread "Big return discussion Spoilers included". The people who know he returned would have entered and discussed but the people who haven't seen it wouldn't be spoiled as to who it was.

And another thing, why do I receive a warning for posting a title where Johnathon uses profanity and seems to get no warning

Anyway one thing you may want to implement is an order in your reviews. It seems to jump to and from random segments. My opinion would be to order it in the same way the shows are.

I began doing that, however they seem shorter doing it this way, it keeps everything together, i.e everything that occurs with Lauranaitis is written, then I express my opinion and then to the next topic, it makes it more structured which many people prefer as to it all jumbled up. I have gotten more readers having it this way.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:
But again it is censoring someone's words because other people come on to a very active forum site with people from all over the world, where some can watch it before others, then post topics that ruin the show for others

Don't understand your point here :shutoff:

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Crayo said:
Don't understand your point here :shutoff:

Your saying I can't use Taker Returns because this is an active site and people will see it. I mean if it was offense yes it should not be there, but if it happened on WWE Raw just minutes or Hours ago, I should be able to create a thread if I wanted to, say for example, next week RVD returns (it is an example, as he is in TNA) I should be able to create a discussion called RVD returns to WWE even if I just saw it, I would then pose the question as to his and WWE's plans for him, to hear what the community think.

RAW is live and some fans want to watch it live, they then should be allowed to discuss topics however recent they maybe with other fans who have watched it live. I am sure many places people post results of RAW, you see stuff trending within seconds of it being on RAW all over Twitter.

Fans shouldn't need to censor their title (in the example I shouldn't have to put a familiar face returns, I should be able to be blunt and put RVD returns) just because other fans do not watch it live. I suggest watch it before going on Twitter, as it will be all over there, and refrain from websites and forums as if you wish to discuss a topic that is older than RAW, example RR, then you run the risk of having RAW spoiled because fans want to discuss topics

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:
Your saying I can't use Taker Returns because this is an active site and people will see it. I mean if it was offense yes it should not be there, but if it happened on WWE Raw just minutes or Hours ago, I should be able to create a thread if I wanted to, say for example, next week RVD returns (it is an example, as he is in TNA) I should be able to create a discussion called RVD returns to WWE even if I just saw it, I would then pose the question as to his and WWE's plans for him, to hear what the community think.

RAW is live and some fans want to watch it live, they then should be allowed to discuss topics however recent they maybe with other fans who have watched it live. I am sure many places people post results of RAW, you see stuff trending within seconds of it being on RAW all over Twitter.

Fans shouldn't need to censor their title (in the example I shouldn't have to put a familiar face returns, I should be able to be blunt and put RVD returns) just because other fans do not watch it live. I suggest watch it before going on Twitter, as it will be all over there, and refrain from websites and forums as if you wish to discuss a topic that is older than RAW, example RR, then you run the risk of having RAW spoiled because fans want to discuss topics

Difference is, we CAN help not spoiling it. Not everyone watches it live... not everyone goes on twitter who comes on here either. We're not RAWforums we're a wrestling forum. You can watch it live, discuss it live (in the discussion thread if you want to make one just minutes after someone returns, that's where the discussions would be) or make a thread as @[seabs] said... it doesn't need to be INCREDIBLE SPOIL TITLE HERE. It can be anything, just be nice to the potential users who haven't seen it yet.

It's not really censoring, it's just called being considerate. You've already admitted the only reason you have that as your title is for traffic, that's not very considerate now is it :hehe:.

We will continue to add spoiler tags and prevent spoilers so soon after RAW. I still struggle to see how this is still being debated, lol.

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Crayo said:
Difference is, we CAN help not spoiling it. Not everyone watches it live... not everyone goes on twitter who comes on here either. We're not RAWforums we're a wrestling forum. You can watch it live, discuss it live (in the discussion thread if you want to make one just minutes after someone returns, that's where the discussions would be) or make a thread as @[seabs] said... it doesn't need to be INCREDIBLE SPOIL TITLE HERE. It can be anything, just be nice to the potential users who haven't seen it yet.

It's not really censoring, it's just called being considerate. You've already admitted the only reason you have that as your title is for traffic, that's not very considerate now is it :hehe:.

We will continue to add spoiler tags and prevent spoilers so soon after RAW. I still struggle to see how this is still being debated, lol.

Well if you look at it I have to choose where I have to put my thread, if I wish to post a thread about RAW, I should be able to post it under RAW threads. There is consideration, but by doing this it kinda is breaching freedom of speech. I have the right to post titles such as Taker returns, there is no Human Right called Post discussion so fans don't see your thread

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:
Well if you look at it I have to choose where I have to put my thread, if I wish to post a thread about RAW, I should be able to post it under RAW threads. There is consideration, but by doing this it kinda is breaching freedom of speech. I have the right to post titles such as Taker returns, there is no Human Right called Post discussion so fans don't see your thread

When did I say you can't post in RAW? I'm saying to post in RAW, just don't spoil it in the title...

Also, we're a forum, we're not the United States of America. It's just called being nice. No point discussing it further, kind of going round in circles. I think the majority of the people understand my point. Thanks for not doing it in the future though, as I said, I appreciate it :smile:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Sackfist, why be such an arse about it creating such a scene?
Why not just say OK next time I won't use any plots/revelations from the show in my title... fuck sake...

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Jonathan said:
Sackfist, why be such an arse about it creating such a scene?
Why not just say OK next time I won't use any plots/revelations from the show in my title... fuck sake...

Because I watch it live I should be able to post titles that relate to the shows, thats why johnathon. BTW At least I don't need to use profanity in my posts unlike you

And if you look at my first reply I said I wouldn't do it, please read all posts before you start spewing profanity at me Johnathon, it's called consideration