WWE Draft 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
I get the feeling that Smackdown will get someone big...although that will step on the toes of Christian and Del Rio at the top of the card? I think Sin Cara will go to the taped show, though.

nightblade420

Reaction score
the only thing i liked about this draft was sin cara to SD i lov the fact that they are finally going to use high flyers again but this guy just botches to much for live t.v it's better for him to go to SD where they can edit the footage to make him not look so bad.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think that's exactly why they moved him. I'm sure they'll build for Rey versus Sin Cara or Sin Cara versus Alberto at some point in the future. Heck, hold that PPV in Mexico and they're sorted.

imported_Ant

Reaction score
Sorry but when has Sin Cara ever botched? The only thing i can think off is the first few times he has done his entrance and even then it is hardly noticeable.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Wouldn't say i've seen any outright drastic botches, but I am thus far underwhelmed with the 'tightness' of his ring work.... Timing or something just doesn't seem to be there - I was expecting a hell of a lot more of him tbh.

Still, let's see how he actually fairs now he's on the 'wrestling' show.

I think that's exactly why they moved him. I'm sure they'll build for Rey versus Sin Cara or Sin Cara versus Alberto at some point in the future. Heck, hold that PPV in Mexico and they're sorted.

Can't see either happening any time soon with BOTH Rey & Del Rio drafted in the opposite direction.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Sin Cara's style is so out of place in WWE, i'm sorry. These guys can't be expected to work his style, and half of his sweet moveset that made Mistico so awesome has been taken away. What he's doing right now is like what Hector Guerrero did 30 years ago as Lazer Tron, WTF? He's still getting over to the crowd though, which is pretty cool to see. That point is just so cool, how can he not get cheered? >_>

Anyway, the draft sucked and the supplemental draft just seemed to flip-flop 90% of the roster. What a shame Sheamus was involved in that instead of on the main show. I wonder if the people here still think he's being booked strongly. :lmmmao:

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^LOL... Tho' I'm guessing Sheamus dropped the US title to fued with Christian.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
That's a very positive way of thinking and I hope you're right...but I fear Mark Henry may be ahead of him as far as next heel in line on the SD side. If not Henry, Cody defo is in higher profile position than Sheamus at the moment as far as a title program goes.

(TBF though, I forsee a Sheamus face turn somewhere in the near future, hopefully by the time a heel grabs the strap from Christian, he'll be ready to step in to a program.)

Airfixx

Reaction score
I was kinda assuming Christian was gonna hold off a Sheamus challenge for a month or two until Orton 'shockingly' pulls "an RKO out of nowhere" during the WHC match @ Fatal Four Way (ft. Christian(c)/Orton/Sheamus/Henry).

Then again, Henry prefectly fits that role too (although even less credible than The Celtic Warrior is right now.).

Cody: I'd rather they didn't rush him - He'll only end up with a half-baked push like Wade, Swagger & Sheamus.... As much as I like it right, now I think he'll benefit from another gimmick tweak before any kind of ME push too (preferably this begins as soon as he's finished with Rey).

Bearing in mind The Corre are blatantly finished and they stuck a midcard belt straight back onto Kofi, I'd rather they'd utilise Wade Barret for this... Christian needs someone to actually go over whilst he's champ and as a young guy who has yet to hold the big one, another unsucessful title challenge it wouldn't have hurt Wade one bit as it would have just been another step on his 'journey'.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I think they scrapped F4W for a generic PPV so probably no worries on that front. Although Orton could pretty much flip into a feud with either side atm. He's out of place though without a title deal, so they might go with a multiman deal with that. I think he's got a story with Cody that writes itself and I agree with keeping him away from the title picture now, so I wouldn't mind seeing those two revisit the Legacy for a program.

I'm thinking SD plays out like this for the next few months...

Christian/Henry
Orton/Cody
4way Corre feud for the Title
Sheamus/New Indian guy? Sheamus is a little lost atm.

Specifically I think Christian/Henry ME Over the Limit, followed by a 5-man Scramble at Capitol Punishment (Christian/Henry/Orton/Cody/Sheamus), Christian facing Wade at MITB, w/Cody winning SD's MITB. Then leading to a big time Christian/Orton faceoff at SummerSlam with hints of tension between the two for the coming months.

EDIT: Sin Cara would be a great option to feud with Sheamus for now.

Airfixx

Reaction score
SinCara/Sheamus sounds good, but don't really need to be jobbing either of them right now.

Bryan's looking lost in the shuffle on SD without even appearing yet!

As for "the new indian guy"..... I didn't realise that was actually a worker - I thought it was just some quick skit with some unknown celeb aimed at the Indian market. LOL

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya, but Who else can Sheamus face? Bryan's been played out and the other mid-card options...Yoshi, Trent Baretta, God-forbid Khali. SD's so weak, they may have to turn him sooner than I thought, lol.

I say use some of these mid-carders like Yoshi that aren't getting any air-time and throw them into some tag teams to avoid these depth issues and at least get them on TV, but that's just me.

Indian guy worked in FCW. Don't know much other than he's Jinder Mahal down in Florida and his wiki says he once wrestled Samoa Joe. >_> Meet Alberto faction 2.0 with Jinder, Khali and Runjin. PFFT!

Airfixx

Reaction score
I think what we're seeing straight away is, cos they effectively switched the mid-cards, there's very few new options on that front (I really see nothing for Bryan - Sheamus, DiBiase, Riley... Done that. A fued with Regal would be pure awesomeness but they'd never afford such a fued the time it would need.

Tag Teams:

Show/Kane
Slater/Gabriel
The Usos

Add to that (somewhat randomly) perhaps Yoshi/Trent, Tyson/DiBiase, Bryan/Regal and, OMG, all of a sudden you actually got something of a tag division!

Khali: Simultaneously ressurect the Khali Kisscam AND The Vinny Mac Kiss My Ass Club... : P

That just leaves Riley and well... Who gives a fuck!

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm all for DiBiase starting a new Money Inc. Tag team with someone being paid to work for him. He's already used the Million Dollar Title, various valets (Including Virgil!), why not one last hurrah until he gets fired with someone like Henry or Brodus? But yeah, I honestly didn't understand the point of moving virtually everybody. To me there were way too many changes, and like you said they've booked themselves into quite a hole on the SD side as far as star depth goes.

Is it true they're trying to make Regal a commentator now? He's a great wrestler, but honestly, i'd WAY rather sacrifice his minimal involvement in-ring to have an ace like him in the booth, hopefully sending Booker to the commentating curb. Fucker's worse than Stevie Ray was!

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sick of Booker. Everything he says is the same old cliche about "taking care of business" and "getting the job done".... It's like listening to Hogan warbling on about "raising the bar" and "taking it to the next level" in 'every' fucking promo he's cut for TNA thus far. I hadn't read that about Regal, but you're right.... He's not in-ring long enough anymore for it to really be a legit concern. Although I personally think, as stale as Teddy Long is, Regal is the ideal SD GM....

Money Inc. wouldn't be that bad an idea.... Henry, Brodus.... OR a repackaged HUSKY HARRIS..... I mean they have the actual next gen. of them at their disposal if they wish thanks to the Rotundo boys being on the books.